punto 5.07 lakh to 6.41 lakh (diesel)

Figo 4.47 lakh to 5.29 lakh

All prices ex-showroom delhi.

So figo works out to be about a lakh cheaper.

And acc. to me, it is better value-for-money.

Out of these 2 diesel hatchies' date=' which one should I go for? My stess is on

1) Perfomance

2) Fuel efficiency without compromizing the pickup

3) Availability of spare parts and support in delhi.
[/quote']

Just wait for one or two month, you will have Punto Sportz on stores. Neither of the vehicles you mentioned would satisfy your first need. 

Out of these 2 diesel hatchies' date=' which one should I go for? My stess is on

1) Perfomance

2) Fuel efficiency without compromizing the pickup

3) Availability of spare parts and support in delhi.
[/quote']

Just wait for one or two month, you will have Punto Sportz on stores. Neither of the vehicles you mentioned would satisfy your first need. 

OK Whats so special about sportz?

nothing.
just a sportier suspension and some weird decals.
Figo is a better car.

IIRC' date=' it will be 92 Bhp (Could be Multijet2)

Good looking alloys

Possibility of a sun roof

Good looking Interiors

fiat-punto-sport-3.JPG
[/quote']

That might increase its cost beyond 6.5Lakh. I can spend maximum upto 5.5. Just  for sunroof and sporty look spending another 1 Lakh is not worth, that too when the perfomance is almost the same

Dr_nishu

please show some common sense.(no offence meant)

Micra and A-star share the same platform.

How can you even compare them to punto or figo?

BTW micra will initially be launched only as a Petrol.

Dr_nishu
please show some common sense.(no offence meant)
Micra and A-star share the same platform.
How can you even compare them to punto or figo?
BTW micra will initially be launched only as a Petrol.

You are somehow completely wrong. Micra and A-Star have nothing in common. Micra is based on the new V-platform and it is 2cm longer than the Swift (nothing big) but it ias as big as the Swift which I guess can be compared to the Figo and Punto. Moreover, it will come with a 1.5 diesel which should offer loads of torque and great fuel efficiency as the Logan is one of the most effiicient in its class. The Micra is around 100kgs lighter too which should make it more efficient.

The diesel will come at a later stage, maybe by the end of the year.
designersf2010-05-03 06:41:54

@Winner, Well Micra will not be that bad as you are stating it, if priced well, will be a good car.

Anyways since Micra diesel is far from launch, lets not talk about it.

For all your 3requirements, Figo fits in perfectly, if compared Figo is better to drive, it will be having better A.s.s & FE too will be better with Figo without compromising on features.

Also except looks its better on almost all counts, Italina beauty looks best but then it has cramped rear, not so good quality of interiors, slightly underpowered, and suspicious A.s.s & is expensive too. Fords are getting better by the day on A.s.s front, Figo has better quality interiors, much spacious, is cheaper but obviously will be having too little features when compared. Still has all basic things.

My vote goes to Figo.

Hi to everyone..

@bluesaphire : first of all, I completely agree with you on all counts except one which is that figo has too less features when compared to punto since it is the cheaper of the two. As the facts go by, figo boasts of features which could put some of the higher strata cars to shame. To name a few, the stereo unit on offer has got bluetooth connectivity(ie. it could read your enitre phonebook,messages,recieve and make calls and could also stream music which works fantastically).

Apart from that figo is the latest kid on the block with an unbeatable VFM proposition,decent a.s.s which ford india is trying hard to improve and will achieve it and loads of features to top it all..!!!

So, IMO going by the current state of affairs and bookings of figo, it seems ford has got a winner..smiley4.gifsmiley20.gif

@winner48,

Micra is & will not be that shameful/worst car, as you are quoting here, as:

-As far as looks are concerned, it's a very Personal & subjective matter.

-Engines- Nissan engines are well known for their Reliabilty & performance, as in Grey market- most of the Engine seekers probably ends up with the Toyota or Nissan engines.

Even its 1.5l dCi diesel engine from the Renault is already proved here, courtesy Logan.

-Size is already ok for the Indian needs & Price also seems to be ok too..

-Reviews: Read ACI May Issue's Editorial letters section, picture would be better cleared there.

So, I think rather than to speak out harsh words for it now, Waiting for its launch & then Reviewing it would be much wiser & substantial decision.  

1.5 ltr diesel engine will not have the excise benefits as compared to a 1.4 ltr diesel engine. I am guessing that price of Micra diesel will be much higher.

Not True sir !!

Excise benefits boundaries/limits are:

-Car's Max length of upto 4-metres.

-Petrol engine max upto 1.2l.

-Diesel engine max upto 1.5l(not 1.4l here).
dr_nishu2010-05-04 11:15:21