mastrahul

update on fiat linea!

hey guys I just read on the web that Volkswagen is also going to launch its "Jetta" which will compete with sx4' date='honda city. Any updates on Jetta launch?? This C-segment is India is going to hot up like anything .Just imagine how the competition is going to be when the three cars Toyota Vios, Fiat Linea & Volkswagen Jetta are launched in 2008. This is tempting me very badly to wait sooooo long. Help me guys ;)[/quote']

Forget VW and Fiat and go in for the City Vtec , as an owner of Honda i truely feel it is the Best car in its segement,

Regards,

Priya

If your drive is only within crowded cities, right Honda city might make more sense. Otherwise, I don't think it is a good choice. It lacks power. Even if Vtec has 100bhp, at very high rpm, which you wouldn't feel like torturing the engine. I have heard that Ford Fiesta diesel is a better choice than Honda City, at cheaper price too and better comfort.

Honda City VTEC old or new will eat the junk from Ford for breakfast lunch and dinner, Honda is never tortured at high RPM unlike the Euro trash, Japanese engines are made to be flogged and then they reward you with sweet vibration less power.

hey guys I just read on the web that Volkswagen is also going to launch its "Jetta" which will compete with sx4' date='honda city. Any updates on Jetta launch?? This C-segment is India is going to hot up like anything .Just imagine how the competition is going to be when the three cars Toyota Vios, Fiat Linea & Volkswagen Jetta are launched in 2008. This is tempting me very badly to wait sooooo long. Help me guys ;)[/quote']

Forget VW and Fiat and go in for the City Vtec , as an owner of Honda i truely feel it is the Best car in its segement,

Regards,

Priya

If your drive is only within crowded cities, right Honda city might make more sense. Otherwise, I don't think it is a good choice. It lacks power. Even if Vtec has 100bhp, at very high rpm, which you wouldn't feel like torturing the engine. I have heard that Ford Fiesta diesel is a better choice than Honda City, at cheaper price too and better comfort.

Dude the Honda City Vtec is far better than the FiestaD but atleast the Verna Diesel will be a good choice and has 110 BHP when compared with poor 68 BHP of Fiesta Diesel

Fiesta is Underpowered when comapred with the city and Vtec .

My friend has a City Vtech New and its abolutely wonderful and i wish yu could have a drive on this Vtec and then cmpare with the Fiesta

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Yea same here I was thinking about SX4 but with linea diesel coming should i wait??? What is the earliest we can expect linea???

Yea same here I was thinking about SX4 but with linea diesel coming should i wait??? What is the earliest we can expect linea???

both of the cars might be comin with the same diesel engines.... fiat ones.... the maruti's service is going to be better than the fiat's any day. it most probably will be a little cheaper than the linea too....

both of the cars might be comin with the same diesel engines.... fiat ones.... the maruti's service is going to be better than the fiat's any day. it most probably will be a little cheaper than the linea too....

Btu if Maruti is going to launch SX4 Diesel , it may be somewhere around mid or after Mid 08

cheerssmiley20.gif

Btu if Maruti is going to launch SX4 Diesel ' date=' it may be somewhere around mid or after Mid 08

cheerssmiley20.gif

[/quote']

but thats the same time that fiat's launching the linea isn't it ?? so, if you're willing to wait for the linea then that means that you're gonna be waiting for the sx4 too

Regards,

Priya

Honda has got what anyone requires and Power , not to mention about it , its got good amount of power and dont tell me your comparing the Cheap Plasitky Fiesta to the TOugh City

Please do go in for the City

regards,

Priya

Btu if Maruti is going to launch SX4 Diesel ' date=' it may be somewhere around mid or after Mid 08

cheerssmiley20.gif

[/quote']

but thats the same time that fiat's launching the linea isn't it ?? so, if you're willing to wait for the linea then that means that you're gonna be waiting for the sx4 too

Nope i dont think ill wait that long .... at the max till feb .... any new cars by then ???? Else ill reluctantly go in for fiesta D or else SX4

cheerssmiley20.gif
[/quote']

Nope i dont think ill wait that long .... at the max till feb .... any new cars by then ???? Else ill reluctantly go in for fiesta D or else SX4

Go for the SX4 in petrol segement and Verna D in diesel segment

Cheerssmiley20.gif

cheerssmiley20.gif

[/quote']

Go for the SX4 in petrol segement and Verna D in diesel segment

Cheerssmiley20.gif

True Mndvishnu

But even honda city will be a good choice in the petrol and verna is a hot pick in diesel

Priya

Regards,

Priya

Honda has got what anyone requires and Power , not to mention about it , its got good amount of power and dont tell me your comparing the Cheap Plasitky Fiesta to the TOugh City

regards,

Priya

Most owners will say their car is a good one. I have not driven either city or fiesta. I have read from many peoples reviews that Honda quality is good and fiesta comfort and fuel economy are good. Just because one is biased towards honda shouldn't outrightly call other cars as cheap.

Regards,

Priya

regards,

Priya

Most owners will say their car is a good one. I have not driven either city or fiesta. I have read from many peoples reviews that Honda quality is good and fiesta comfort and fuel economy are good. Just because one is biased towards honda shouldn't outrightly call other cars as cheap.

Dear oh me! my friend is having a Fiesta and he is unhappy with it , and my other firend has had a Tata indica and he too is unhappy with it which means not every owner is happy or proud about his car, whereas Honda Owners are really Impressed with Honda Overall VFM

Regards,

Priya

hi guys ....just read about the various fiat car launches in between 2008-2010. here is the link: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Auto/Automobiles/Fiat_in_top_gear_lines_up_7_launches_in_24_months/articleshow/2635720.cms

Come September 2008 and it will be launch time for the made-in-Ranjangaon Linea saloon. This elegant saloon with tenuous dynamic lines will be available in both petrol and diesel propulsion (the latter being a more powerful adaptation of the 1.3 Multijet) and Fiat has high hopes for this Corolla, Civic rival.Fiat officials are highly optimistic of this car taking the fight to the established class runners and trumping them. A very competitive price tag, in the region of Rs 9.5 to 10 lakh, is just one of the major attributes the company has penciled in for the Linea

Hi,

Fiat punto will be mostly launched mid 2008 and the linea much later, may be end 2008 or even early 2009. I was hoping to buy the punto, but the launch date is too late,,I have no other option but to buy the swift diesel, which is excellent though..Just that I have always been a die hard fiat fan. The punto looks outstanding, very maserati like..

Cheers,

Sujith

HI,

If the punto is priced between 5-6 lakhs exshowrroom, how does it justify to price the linea at 9-10lakhs? Most sedans that are stretched out of hatch backs are priced just 1-2lakhs higher than the hatch..you can take the example of indica-indigo, palio-siena,uva--aveo etc. even the swift sedan will be at 6-7.5 lakhs, lower than the sx4, enabling it to compete with the fiesta and verna.

what do ya say folks?

sujith

cheerssmiley20.gif

[/quote']

well......fiat is going to launch th diesel engine in a different state of tune.......read somewhere that it is going to be 90 bhp!!!

HI' date='
If the punto is priced between 5-6 lakhs exshowrroom, how does it justify to price the linea at 9-10lakhs? Most sedans that are stretched out of hatch backs are priced just 1-2lakhs higher than the hatch..you can take the example of indica-indigo, palio-siena,uva--aveo etc. even the swift sedan will be at 6-7.5 lakhs, lower than the sx4, enabling it to compete with the fiesta and verna.
what do ya say folks?
sujith
[/quote']

You are right , but most the hatches comes under the Small cars Plan which shud not exceed 4 metres in length and 1 .2 L engine in Petrol and less than 1.4L diesel engine

Thats is the main reason for Getz to be overpirced as it had got the  1.5 L diesel engine had it got the 1396 CC diesel engine price would have come down by 30k rs and would have made it a good buy

Regards,

Priya

Hi' date='
Fiat punto will be mostly launched mid 2008 and the linea much later, may be end 2008 or even early 2009. I was hoping to buy the punto, but the launch date is too late,,I have no other option but to buy the swift diesel, which is excellent though..Just that I have always been a die hard fiat fan. The punto looks outstanding, very maserati like..
Cheers,
Sujith[/quote']

i would say the Punto is much Better and bigger than the Swift and might be priced slightly higher than Swift Diesel and might cost you around Getz Diesels Price as mentioned by Mndvishnu in your thread of Palio Diesel

If you in such a hurry then book your swift Diesel Right away

Regards,

Priya

come jan (the auto show)we would know who is comming here and when ....as for the linea should be by 2008 end....lets hope the new innings by fiat is a comeback(like ganguly)else it would only be shown the door .................foreversmiley18.gif

the pricing of the linea is very crucial I suppose. If it falls within 8 to 8.5 lacs or a bit lesser too , its going to be good. If its arnd 10 lacs then I think toyota corolla new model is going to give it a hard time as it looks like the current camry which I think is beautiful.

the pricing of the linea is very crucial I suppose. If it falls within 8 to 8.5 lacs or a bit lesser too ' date=' its going to be good. If its arnd 10 lacs then I think toyota corolla new model is going to give it a hard time as it looks like the current camry which I think is beautiful.

[/quote']

i agree... pricing is critical to fiat and this time they have to get it right so as to get them back on track. they've been in pretty deep waters till now