rahul1810

Toyota Etios: 1st Dec. launch

ACI have given a bigg thumbs up for this one. Amazing how TOYOTA kept its weight at just 930 kgs. But the design shoud have been better from the front. Side profile is the best.

Now Price factor comes in. But any way it'll sell like hot cakes. But delivery is again an issue at just 5800 vehicles a month I think it'll have a lot of demand. I expect it to sell atleast 9k-10k a month at the minimum. 

Hi,

A friend of mine just booked a Black Etios this morning. While the dealer has promised delivery in the last week of Jan, he is yet to confirm the on-road pricing. Just an approximation of under Rs. 7 Lakhs was given.

With another friend having booked a Vento, we are now having a friendly bet as to who will get their car earlier smiley17.gif.

I personally love the Vento over the Etios, but I shall do a comparo only once both cars have been delivered to their respective owners.

Pricing is out.

J at Rs. 4.96 lakh

G at Rs. 5.46 lakh

G with safety features 5.96 Lakh

V is priced at 6.41 lakh

VX at 6.86 lakh

In comparison Dzire starts at 4.88 lakhs, VXI at 5.45, and ZXI at 6.32 lakhs!

I'm not sure if Toyota has hit the bull's eye with regard to the pricing. The base variant--J--Does not even have power steering and if that is going to be around 5 lakhs ex-showroom delhi, then I think its not great. Just to compare, the dzire LXI retails for about 5.25 on road bangalore and it has power steering. The etios j version without the power steering should be atleast 50k more than this and that is a substantial difference in this segment. If you by this logic there should be a difference of atleast 50-70k between the like variants. And the etios does not have the diesel option now and it may take a good 6 months. And even when it does, there will a difference of atleast 70k between dzire ddis and etios diesel, meaning the etios would probably be 50k cheaper than the for fiesta diesel and that is not such a good thing since the new ford fiesta is due in 2012. The etios will sell well, but will not dramatically alter the numbers of the dzire, which is the leader in this segment.

@sujith

J variant is for Taxi market. Thats why only white and Silver are available for that. Also the pricing of Dzire has been compared there. VXI has same features as G and ZXI has same features as V except the Steering mounted audio controls and ACC. VX has some additional chrome and sideskirts and and steering mounted controls. I think these features are not that important.

The G (safety) and V variants have been priced perfectly. Only 40k difference, and you get Audio system and Alloy wheels which is not much of a difference from aftermarket prices. Choice would be down to the consumer, whether he wants them aftermarket or integrated?

Equipment Checklist                       

Features     J     G     V     VX

Airbags             NA     O     Yes     Yes

ABS             NA     O     Yes     Yes

Power Steering     NA     Yes     Yes     Yes

Power windows     NA     Yes     Yes     Yes

Tilt Steering     NA     Yes     Yes     Yes

Central locking     NA     Yes     Yes     Yes

CD/MP3 Player     NA     NA     Yes     Yes

Steering-mounted

audio controls

NA     NA     NA      Yes

Alloy Wheels     NA      NA     Yes     Yes

Cooled glovebox     Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes

Rear defogger     NA     NA     Yes     Yes

Fog lamps     NA     NA     Yes     Yes

AC             Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes

Prices

(ex-Delhi)     Rs 4.96     Rs 5.46     Rs 6.41     Rs 6.86

NA = Not Available                       

I think Toyota has nailed the head right with its pricing and the V and VX variants are so much value for money. Airbags and ABS is optional in the G variant. Amazing VFM.

Apart from the conservative styling(which I feel is starting to grow on me) and the okay handling makes it a sure winner.

So if ACI puts a comparison on the Etios,Dzire,Manza and Logan, then here is the dummy verdict:

1st-Toyota Etios

2nd-Maruti Dzire

3rd-Tata Manza

4th-Mahindra Logan

Gone to Toyota dealer yesterday but the car haven't arrived yet & will take 3-4days more to Arrive & Toyota is claiming its Availability by pulishing Advts. of her in leading Newspapers with the Dealer's address.

dr_nishu2010-12-02 15:14:57

Etios have lots of similarities with Toyota small sedans of the last two decades,side profile looks like an old vios 2003,it had similar central console also.I think this car is something similar to d Figo an old platform .How did the car fair in the crash test,if any were conducted.

I think this car is something similar to d Figo an old platform .How did the car fair in the crash test' date='if any were conducted. [/quote']

Yes doc, Its just a Face-lifted & Re-configured for India's version of the 2004 Corolla.

Its a Light bodied car with Extremely light bodyshell, bulit with materials made up of Temprature suitability of (-10)-(40) degrees Celsius as compared to other cars having temprature suitability of (-35)-(45) degrees Celsius, Non-Properly treated Seat foams, etc.

Till to date, No Crash test have been performed on this car so far, as we Indians are like Crash dummies for them & this car might not comply with these Regulations too, like its Rivals.

Etios price starts at Rs 4.96 lakh

Etios-1_0.jpg

Etios price starts at Rs 4.96 lakh

Toyota has launched the Etios saloon in India, with deliveries

starting from January next year. Available in four variants, the prices

start from Rs 4.96lakh for the base J variant, rising up to Rs 6.86lakh

for the top-end VX variant, prices ex-showroom Delhi.

The Etios saloon will compete with likes of the Swift DZire, Indigo

Manza and the Mahindra Logan. While the entry level DZire starts from Rs

4.88lakh, Manza Aqua retails at Rs 5.12lakh. The base Logan GLE carries

a price tag of Rs 4.66lakh (all-prices Ex-showroom Delhi).

Toyota will compete head on with India

why we indians always get reconstructed, re designed models on year old models. india is not a dumping ground. figo is based on old fiesta design now this etios. earlier wualis is ae old model in world we have appreciated here a lot. 

price of etios in thane octroi paid is :

J 5.88 lakhs

G 6.43 lakhs

V 7.51 lakhs

VX 8.04 lakhs
Sandy2010-12-03 05:18:30

I know it's a very capable car, but still Toyota has compromised with looks to make it VFM which I think is not a complete package. I won't spent 5 grants for an ugly car.  

Etios has achieved over 7000 bookings in a week!! Around 1400 of these bookings have come from Mumbai alone, while 40% of the bookings have come from the northern region.

Current localisation is around 70% which will go to 90% in a years time, once engine and gearbox are manufactured here

etios0026.jpg

To me' date=' Its Interiors looks like made up of Hard & Shiny Plastics as seen in Ford Figo this year, which are neither Good or not too bad to be criticised but Atleast somewhat Better are expected in this segment.

Enquired about Etios in a nearby showroom, shock to hear Expected Delivery by JULY, by today, it would be august.

By the time one decides to TD 'n book the vehicle, he might be in need to wait for a year.

So is the case for their Sedan yet, which exactly not constitutes the Mass Market here,

What will happen after the launch of their hatchback, Etios Liva which will be priced in everyone's range(IMO from 3.99 lacs) ??

Looooong Waiting Periods, Closed Bookings & Black Marketing, etc.!

After all what they can do with Combined manufacturing capacity of 70000 cars for 2011 only(some 5800 cars/month), when they're already having 7000 bookings for her in a Week.

Etios J model - 4.96 L.

Features -- AC and Cooled GloveBox. ONLY.

But aaah, here's the catch -- 1.5 L Engine!!

But still

NO Power Steering

NO Power Windows

NO Central Locking

NO Fog Lamps

And still 4.96 L, 5.50L on Road or even above. My Alto K10 cost me 3.60L, although 1000cc, but loads n loads of features at that cost!

IMO, majority of the people who buy a car, look for Power Steering, Power Windows, Central Locking, and more and that too in a 5L car.

But ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBTS OF THE CAR's SUCCESS --- Its Toyota Saaaarrr (Remember the dialog of the salesmen)!driftpunk2010-12-08 15:43:37

I have no issues with no power steering. Power steering in a small car is more or less useless. I had no PS even in my Esteem (an early VX and not VXi) - never regretted it.