1. 1. Which is the best smartphone?

• Google Nexus One
    • HTC Legend
    • HTC HD2
    • Motorola Milestone
    • Blackberry Bold 2
    • Apple iPhone
    • Nokia E72

iPhone has a very restricted store with apps that only Apple permit. Some notable exclusions are Flash etc. and that is because of its rivalry with Adobe.

HTCs are not maintenance friendly, they are the best phones to ave till they are working, nothing after that.

That leaves out E72, Nexus One, and BB Bold2.

Nokia&BB have a full qwerty keypad, which will be a big boon if I intend to use smartphone for the smart purposes.

Blackberry offers unrivalled connectivity and a host of application that would help an absolute smartphone user.

So I choose the Blackberry Bold2. 

nokias and BBs are king when it comes to smartphones. I am currently posting this from my E71 and it is fantastic when it comes to conectivity. And i dont have to pay all that money that i have to if i want the internet on the BB. So the E series with a qwerty is i guess the uncrowned king of smartphones. Be it the 71 or the 72 or the newer ones coming soon.

I voted for BB. Have owned one for a few months now and it has pretty much become the life line for me. I cant even imagine how i worked before I had one, now.

Iphones offer some of the most unique features available out there but they have their problems too.  The very first as rahul said, being Apple's out and out control over any app that goes with its phones.

But the one that bothers me the most is that the browser in a phone like the iphone does not have the cabability for multi tasking. For a phone that sophisticated and smart and that expensive I expected that much.

why 5800?

comments please

first i bought e71 but I've bought nokia 5800 last month and i think smiley38.gifnokia 5800 is a very nice phone just go to nokia.co.in select product click all features  you will find just 3 or 4 models like n97,5800,x6,n79 and e71 and u just compare them you will find 5800 is the best one like price,screen size etc. smiley1.gif

lineshshah2010-05-05 14:55:09

hey dude,

look, 5800 is a great music phone. it also has wi-fi and 3G, which any other model at its price does not have(i think)

BUT

It is not a smartphone. A smartphone is a phone which is primarily meant for web browsing, gives great web browsing experience, and has a half decent app store.

None of which is present in 5800.

IMHO, E72 is a smartphone, 5800 is not.

hey dude' date='

look, 5800 is a great music phone. it also has wi-fi and 3G, which any other model at its price does not have(i think)

BUT

It is not a smartphone. A smartphone is a phone which is primarily meant for web browsing, gives great web browsing experience, and has a half decent app store.

None of which is present in 5800.

IMHO, E72 is a smartphone, 5800 is not.[/quote']

OK friend please tell me difference between smart phone and 5800 or try it your self it is tremendous phone.

well I've used  E72 i think 5800 is better

A smartphone that will serve all the purpose on a regular basis needs a strong memory. Also it is used to type, edit, review various documents etc.

5800 is a youth centric fun phone. It might do the above things but only to certain extent. A smart phone like the E series or BB will do it in a much better way. Also they have a much higher processor for that.

5800 is a MUSIC phone(Xpress Music)' date='

It can NEVER become a Business phone.

Period.[/quote']

All said and done 5800 is a great all rounder. It's browsing experience is cool and just a touch away from your mailbox. One doesn't even have to config  mailbox's, all one needs to do is login and exit and next time you click on the book mark you're in your inbox no time. It has great speakers and max 16gb of ext memory where you can load a lot of stuff. It also has lots of app's via the Ovi store. I have some 120 video's and some 400 songs in my phone and wifi, have a 3G Bsnl connection. That's cool and also has a decent camera 3.2 Mp with Xenon flash. Has a 3.5mm jack for audio. The only thing is that this phone suit's my son more than me; what the heck, we didn't have toy's like these when I was say 19, so there's nothing wrong if we have some fun at 50.

All said and done 5800 is a great all rounder. It's browsing experience is cool and just a touch away from your mailbox. One doesn't even have to config? mailbox's' date=' all one needs to do is login and exit and next time you click on the book mark you're in your inbox no time. It has great speakers and max 16gb of ext memory where you can load a lot of stuff. It also has lots of app's via the Ovi store. I have some 120 video's and some 400 songs in my phone and wifi, have a 3G Bsnl connection. That's cool and also has a decent camera 3.2 Mp with Xenon flash. Has a 3.5mm jack for audio. The only thing is that this phone suit's my son more than me; what the heck, we didn't have toy's like these when I was say 19, so there's nothing wrong if we have some fun at 50. [/quote']

Well good that you are having good experience with a Nokia touch screen, otherwise i & i my circle no one did had a good experience with any of Nokia touch screen phone's including 7 especially the 5800 & the likes.

Anyways, 5800 to my knowledge doesnt have Xenon flash, it has dual-LED flash & there is lots of difference between both.

my vote would anyday go to the apple iphone!!!cos there's just no match for it!!the interface is superb,the touchscreen is unbelievable and then there is the fantastic app store [;)]

Can someone please list the features needed in a phone to be regarded as a Smartfone!!

BTW, i_ _ _ , I dont know why people vote for it. Have used it for 2 long years. Same blunt interface. Same layout. Same icons. Same screens. Same iTunes. Frequent Charging. Dont want to bash it more. RIP. Love to see Android kicking the Apple out of the game at an unprecedented rate.

Post edited: Please confirm to Forum etiquettes while posting.
BornFree2011-05-05 18:23:41

I consider iPhone a very good phone for entertainment rather that top notch smartphone. Its brilliant ratina display, awesome music player & excellent gaming capability makes it a very good phone to show off. But arrogance on part of apple makes the overall experience really disappointing: half cooked multitasking, signal drop (needs bumper case), weak camera, limited bluetooth support, overdependence on humongous iTunes software, same old look & feel of iOS. I personally think that iPhone is no longer "The Must Have Phone." There are atleast 5 very good other choices in market depending upon one's preference.

As the phone market is changing rapidly, so the poll is no longer relevant. War is no longer about how good the phone is: its now also how good the OS & apps support is.

With so many android phone around, I was very much interested in new beautiful windows mobile OS more so after using Win 7 in place of horrible Vista. But Windows mobile has still some way to go to reach refinement of Android.

One more OS that could be a good niche player is Palm webOS. This is a very nice OS and with support from HP, Palm could come back to limelight again. I am now eagerly waiting for Palm Pre 3 expected in 2nd Quarter