pranavmm

Skoda Laura: Problems!!

very sad to hear more bad experiences with skoda. They make some fantastic cars but just dont have the overall backup to compliment it. The laura TSi is a fantastic car. One of my favs.

Hmm i think there are enough people harrased by Skoda Auto India , why don't they all file a PIL against skoda, i am sure thousands will participate.

@pranav u should have opted for extended warrently while u were facing such problems.

Collect the bills and ask an explenation . Write to skoda India , VW group why they sell defective cars to Indians.

Amazed at the way Skoda is behaving!!

In todays world where Co are willing to offer 3 year cash less Maint, skoda is hell bent on fleecing customers

They should focus on a image correction drive if they want to survive a market where soon they will face heat from Corolla Diesel, Cruze (is laready there) & in house competition from Polo Sedan.

Skoda; incase you are reading -- Why dont you start with something like 3 year free maint (Aka Chevorlet) of your own?? All it requires "Confidence in your own product"

very sad to hear more bad experiences with skoda. They make some fantastic cars but just dont have the overall backup to compliment it. The laura TSi is a fantastic car. One of my favs.

Agreed. Remember if you buy a car your are looking at support for five years or more. By your own statement that is very poor. Better get a lower rated car with far better (and cheaper) support!

sgiitk2010-05-05 05:53:44

PRANAV,

ITS NOT THE CASE IN ALL SKODAS,IF U READ AUTOCAR INDIA,U WOULD KNOW MANY LIKE THIS HAPPENEING WITH AUDI,BMW'S,AND MANY MORES PREMIUMS CARS.UNLIKE JAPANESE CARS LIKE HONDA'S WHICH SOMETIMES HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FUEL SMELL COMING IN HONDA CRV,BRAKE PROBLEMS IN CIVIC,EVEN JAZZ CAUSING PROBLEMS AND CITY ALSO,SO WHAT WRONG DER.

Really a bad news buddy. Even of my class mate has purchased the automatic laura in KSA. Atlast he sold the car with lots of stress and probs he faced with that car.

-dinesh

-always the racer wins atlast-

@rumanshaikh: No posts in all caps.

Every firm has some dissatisfied customers, and some complaints. The point is the percentage of unhappy customers, and what was done about the complaints. You do not lose in the Consumer Court and then go in appeal, stretching the case by taking repeated dates, as had happened with Skoda and a customer as reported in TBHP. Also, I had a visitor from Germany and he said that Skoda have a terrible reputation in Germany!

@rumanshaikh

What you have described with Japanese are called lemons. While it is alright for some lemons to get mixed with mangoes, it is definitely not agreeable if mangoes are getting mixed with lemons. So the percentage of lemons is what matters.

@SG, You have nailed it. But then there is a category of people who look to own a brand new car for not more than a year and then change. I guess Skoda should be targeting those people.smiley2.gif

I hear a lot of complaints against Skoda Auto-India.  Now, we have to wait and watch as to how its big brother VW India is going to perform.  Until then, we have to keep our fingers crossed.

Cyrus, it's easy to give your comments with a long termer in the ACI garage; and totally different cup of tea when you are saddled with a lemon paid from one's pocket. Even I like the TSI but would never even touch it with a barge pole. Skoda as a brand is not for me.

@Pranav: Very sorry to hear about your woes, hope this horror story has a happy ending.

Durango Dude2010-05-05 13:08:27

Even I like the TSI but would never even touch it with a barge pole. Skoda as a brand is not for me.

Very true DD. Dont we all wish for a Honda/Toyota Laura. Or maybe a Kizashi TSI even. Ok that is too much wishful thinking!

I fail to understand. Is it just the classic case of a few handful cars gone bad due to faulty/bad supplier components... It's even more confusing when the same VW group produces the highest quality cars like the bentleys and the fastest uber-car the veyron.

I strongly feel that Skoda as a brand is known for making utterly solid and well-built cars,which is actually true. Now,the thing is that the cars which are constructed outside India are having a completely different vendor base,which is very obvious.

As for India, many parts are being supplied by local suppliers, which IMO are not maintaining a strict Quality-check on their supplies which in-turn is affecting the overall quality of the car, and hence the customers of such a Premium brand are facing niggling problems.

This issue should be taken-in very seriously by Skoda-india,if it really intends to have a fortune-run here. As the number of dissatisfied customers are increasing, future does not seem to be very bright, if corrective measures are not taken immediately.

@rumanshaikh: If they dish out this sort of service there(UK); they'd be hounded out in no time. I guess there's always "ways and means" to get your name up there with the best in any survey.

@rahulgupta: why does an utterly solid and well built car have to fall apart in the hands of the customer at such metronome frequency: it's not as 'solid' as perceived.

Hi Pranav...It is indeed very sad to hear about your woes regarding Laura. Skoda has to attend customer complaints in a positive manner and bring in confidence to the buyers.It can be achieved if the top brass sits together and brings in new warranty policies and faster replacement of parts and train the dealers to be more sensitive to customer complaints.

Skoda cars are very expensive to maintain, especially if the car turns out to be a lemon.

@pranav: I read in another forum that Skoda has agreed to replace your AC system under goodwill warranty.

And if you had bad experience with Skoda does not mean anybody buying a new Skoda should be called a fool.

Sad to hear your experience, after hearing so many like this towards Skoda, i am really feared of having a Skoda, moreover in Gujarat state there is a monopoly of a single dealer, there are 5showrooms in 5 different cities, Just imagine what could they do out of monopoly.

I am happy that i didnt went for Skoda which i was thinking to, & many amongst here recommended me that but now i am happy that i am not with them but then i have little fear that i am with their group company VW.

VW is in India since 2008 with its jetta & Passat, have never heard such things about them, if they were like Skoda, the things or experiences might have come much before as there are already decent number of Passat's & Jetta's on road.

I think & hope that VW arent like that.

I dont know why Skoda are doing this. And people are still buying it, if Skoda wants Indians not to buy Skoda, they should print it in Public, why to harass so much & mean the same thing indirectly.

I don't think that VW has left any stone unturned in making it's run, here in India, a grand-success, which is very evident from the pricing of the newly launched POLO.

So, it's time to see whether VW provides a equally good after-sales-service experience, as that of it's products.