CYRUS43

Past v/s Present

This struck me a few minuites ago as I saw my 88 Fiat parked right next to a brand spanking new Fiat Punto. So the purpose of this thread will be to compare cars from the past to cars from the present.

Criteria:

The difference between the two should be atleast 20 years.

They should be made by the same company

Preferably post pictures of the cars in the same cover and angle.

Happy Posting.

Allright, I am going to start with comparing the Fiat Punto to the Fiat 1100 Delite, also known in India as the Premier Padmini

The PAST

31431101501897096355955.jpg

The PRESENT

image00001z.jpg

Styling wise, these both are pure beauties, balanced and well stanced. Screams Italian style and panache. Performance wise obviously these two cant be compared, thus we shall keep this comparison to a subjective and personal level.

So go ahead and post your comments.

CYRUS432010-05-05 10:50:51

I thought lets check how far the best selling nameplate has come in the past 44 years. The corolla was launched in 1966 and the one featured below is the one. Over the past 40 years, one of these has been sold every 40 seconds.

This very first version of the car had a 1100 cc K-pushrod engine.(If someone knows what that is then do explain). 800px-Toyota_Corolla_First-generation_00

800px-09_Toyota_Corolla.jpg

The car obviously has come a long way from the first time it came to the market and the corolla as we know it today is the 10th generation version. It is certainly not the best car but it surely offers something special and has managed to do so for about 40 odd years making it one of the most successful cars in the world.

@Cyrus The picture with the black&white background and the car in a bright red looks fantastic.
asethi9192010-05-05 11:30:44

A Pushrod engine is one in which the Cams are not overhead but are usually besides the cylinders, and the valves are controlled by these "rods" called pushrods. The pushrod is connected to a Tappet which is connected to the valves. 

Aah! The 500. I knew this was coming.

Its sad to see that the car that was originally launched to be a cheap and practical run around car is not a fancy toy only meant for the uber-rich(unless you are in Europe).
asethi9192010-05-05 11:41:08

I would like to bring over my old American muscle.. The Ford Mustang... First launched in 1964 and its continuing models... I would always prefer the 60's & 70's Mustang.. I am really sorry, but still do not understand how to add pictures here.. smiley19.gif

And the award for the LEAST CHANGED car goes to

The Porsche 911 smiley36.gif

800px-Porsche_911E_ca_1969.jpg

800px-2004_silver_Porsche_911_Carrera_ty

I remember Clarkson and bunch calling Porsche design department the LAZIEST BUNCH OF DESIGNERS IN THE WORLD.

Still love this car.
asethi9192010-05-05 12:36:37

And the award for the LEAST CHANGED car goes to

The Porsche 911 smiley36.gif

I remember Clarkson and bunch calling Porsche design department the LAZIEST BUNCH OF DESIGNERS IN THE WORLD.

Still love this car.

Very very wrong.

How can you forget our very own Hindustan Ambassador.

hind_oxford.jpg

new

Hindustan_Motors_Ambassador_Avigo_4281.j