Sign in to follow this  
jimgeo

All New Fiat UNO Revealed

Uhmm. Yeah. The not so good looking couzin of my lovely lady. But, Id buy this if it was priced at Rs.3-4 lakh with a good diesel or petrol. And I bet there is a Abarth version coming.

According to me it looks like a shorter wheelbase of some other popular model of Fiat... even the styling at the ear looks like it. I do not remember its name though.rugs_tachy2010-05-05 14:48:55

Looks like a more curvaceous version of the Fiat Panda. They are both probably based on the same platform.

Fiat should really bring in one of these two models to India. A special 'stripped for India' version for 3-4Lacs would do well here.

I think the grill is a welcome change from the traditional look and looks good.

When it comes to style, Fiat does no wrongsmiley2.gif. Everything else is another story though. Atleast in Indiasmiley36.gif.

A new name, aggressive marketing, and competent prices will make this a sure-shot winner.

Indians just love tall boy cars and if it provides decent value and build quality(which the new WagonR does not), i see no reason why it wont succeed.

When it comes to style' date=' Fiat does no wrongsmiley2.gif. Everything else is another story though. Atleast in Indiasmiley36.gif.
[/quote']

The story of Fiat is not much differnt from the Indian episode worldwide. Their nick name says it all :                Fix It Again Tony smiley2.gif.   But still I love Fiat.
jimgeo2010-05-06 16:49:18

Half-slotted grille makes it look like Half-Mahindra car..

Isn't it's the same car about which the Fiat is talkin' about as their new Small Car below the Palio/Punto. smiley37.gif

If yes ! then the 3-4 lakh segment will be really Cracking-up, especially in the VFM arena.
dr_nishu2010-05-06 21:05:05

The offset grille looks great! I love that design element. This is a made-for-India car. Look at the plastic cladding - it means that dents and scratches wont cost a bomb to repair. Moreover, the high-ish ground clearance would help in India. The interiors are very well designed too and this car should make it to India!

@ Fiat Bring it to India and price it below the Punto!

The front isnt as great, lights can be improved and too many side/rear claddings or mouldings have spoiled the look. Other wise the profile of car is good & has a good stance, looks like Mini Suv & interiors too are excellent.

But still doesnt looks modern enough and this is what Indians wont accept, the Hatch segment is getting more & more competitive by the day.