anjan_c2007

Your Next Car's Nationality (Technologically)??

Which Nationality Do Tou Prefer for Your Next Car?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Nationality Do Tou Prefer for Your Next Car?

I have driven the new so called revised Scorpion from Kolkatta to Siliguri, believe me, not much better than old, take the Safari instead of Scorpio. As for next car's nationality, it will be Japanese followed by German.

Thanks dear Gurkha but my perception of Tata cars is that they are unreliable as I have suffered a lot during long journeys. They should only take measures  for quality control rather than changing the models and so on.

well frns do you have any idea that in which country Spark was first made ??

Spark is based on old Matiz and is Daewoo Korean in origin, the engine of Spark and Santro are based on Suzuki 3 and 4 cylinder engines from 800 and Zen respectively. The Korean Hyundai and Daewoo were licensed to manufacture these engines and use them in their vehicles, they were later on developed further in house by the Korean companies.

I have voted for German, for their robust build quality and luxury.  Actually I like anything European for their chic styling and build.  I hope GM would bring something from its Opel/Vauxhall stable as their present range is pretty hot! 

Jitz

But isn't this opel too costly and high on maintainance. Saw one at CR2

Opels are costly even on Spare Parts too , They were the Costliest in its Segement when compared witht the IKON , Esteem , accent

Cheerssmiley20.gif

I would love to see the Citroen's C5 Airscape to be my next car, but thats just because It looks soo stunning and not because of its nationality or moi love for Citroen.

does choosing a car (next or future car) really depends on the nationality rather than the model available in the market? At least I don't think so....

it's not about choosing cars over a company or the better car. this poll is just about what cars you think would impress you to buy your next car.... it's just asking you which country you think makes better cars

well frns do you have any idea that in which country Spark was first made ??

Spark is based on old Matiz and is Daewoo Korean in origin' date=' the engine of Spark and Santro are based on Suzuki 3 and 4 cylinder engines from 800 and Zen respectively. The Korean Hyundai and Daewoo were licensed to manufacture these engines and use them in their vehicles, they were later on developed further in house by the Korean companies.[/quote']

You are completely wrong on engines Gurkha. only 3-cylinder Matiz engine is Suzuki derived and based on Maruti 800 engine (code: F8C). Spark 1-litre is of same family of 1.2 U-VA but scaled down. this was first new engine family developed by Daewoo with inputs from Porsche and Ricarcdo. .It has no link with the 3 cylinder engine. Zen engine again completely different from Santro. Zen engine is G10B and is based on Esteem engine G13B (again scaled down) Zen engine is all-aluminiun with two valve per head and four valve per head options. Santro engine is 'Epsilon' developed in 1997 it is cast iron block and three valve per cylinder.