PREDATOR

Ford figo or chevy beat ?

I want to conform from you all if ford I still having high maintancr cost or it's now decreased . I want to know because I am confused between chevy beat and ford figo as chevy is claiming that they are having Chevrolet promise that till 45000 km if the cost of the car maintainence exceeds 14000 rs all the money will be refunded after 3 years And I dint know nothing about ford figo . So please tell me which one is better ???? Please members please!!!!

There's no match for the Chevy 3-year Maintenance promise & its the very best.

But at the recent test-drive of Ford Figo last week & On asking about its Service schedule & expenses, their Sales Executive was telling that it was having Service Intervals of Once a Year or 10,000kms, with almost Rs.2-2.8k costs for Petrol Figo & 4-4.5k for TDCi diesel one.

-Beat's service costs are also somewhat same as Petrol Figo @ 2-2.5k.

And Ford is offering 2-years or 1,00,000kms warranty on it with One year/20,000 Extendable Warranty @Rs.2390, only if it's taken within 1st month from its delivery.

Rest, Anuprav is the 1st proud owner of the Figo petrol in this forum, so can tell more about it..
dr_nishu2010-05-12 20:31:29

Of the two I think the Chevy Beat is the more modern car; Figo petrol is no great shakes. Feel good factor will be more in the Beat than the Figo. Figo all said and done looks a generation old on launch and will age very fast compared to the Beat. If I were you of the two I'd choose a Red Beat LT (top end with airbags and ABS). 

If I am buying a petrol car then Figo is not under consideration because the car it heavy for the engine and the engine doesn't make enough power suited for this car .It reminds me of Palio 1.1lt Stile which can't even go up a flyover easily.

Go for the Beat if petrol car is what you want.

Go for the Ford Figo 1.2 ZXi. Its a great small car. Another good option is the new Hyundai i20 Era Variant. Its also VFM product from Hyundai and maintenance would be much less than BEAT and Figo.

I agree with everyone else and would recommend Beat in case you are in the market for a petrol. But if your running does justify the cost of buying a more expensive diesel car than Figo is definately worth it.

Yes, the car is not a great looker but it justifies that by componsating in other departments like cabin space, ride quality etc.

But personally I would go for the Beat in a heart beat.

Its upon your usage, though Figo is underpowered it has best in class high speed stability & Ride-Handling package. If you are driving more on highways and need more rear seat space & boot, Figo should be best bet, for all other reasons its Beat - Its trendy, interiors are classy, equipped well, ride is good, has refined & rev-free engine, Chevy's maintenance service.

Your signature says you have many other big cars so this might be for city use for single or 2 people, if thats the case, BEAT LT OPTION pack is the best bet. Try colors like Cocktail green, Red, Blue & black, all these looks best on Beat.

Which model should I buy in beAt ls or lt

Beat LT version is the best for the City usage purposes, as you don't need Airbags there too much..

Anyhow if you'll be going for Ford Figo, its ZXi(Penultimate version) is the best & is best VFM too..

I conformed form ford workshop the price of clutch plate which is rs.4300 + additional labour and then I called Chevrolet and conform the beat clutch plate price and they told me it's rs.3000+ labour . So that's why I don't think that ford has reduced it's prices

hmmmm....according to me both options are latest into the  market.

now, coming to facts it all depends on your requirements.

1) if looks are your main concern then it's definitely the beat for you.

2) if you are more keen on the equipment and features on offer, then figo will surely delight you.

3) engines on both the cars on offer is a 1.2 unit. both are very refined units and latest. though neither are meant to perform but to deliver a decent performance in city-driving conditions. so,that's not much a deal clincher.

4) Service of both ford and GM is more or less same on offer. I can say this as  I  own a car from each of them. But after 5 years down with both cars (corsa and ikon) I definitely feel a tad better with the experience with ford. The service experience has improved tremendously,and overall quality of product is better. In fact i have just sold my opel corsa and booked a Ford Figo .

Now, after all this it's your personal decision that will make or break the deal..!! go ahead with the one your heart feel good with...

hey predator,

as you have already owned a skoda, I don't think that ford's maintenance is going to pinch you by any chance.

Ford's, at some time in the past used to be on an expensive side,but those days are gone and Ford has started taking Indian market seriously.

This fact is very clear with the shocking pricing of ford figo, which even undercuts Maruti.

You can see how time has changed. Once there wasn't a single model offered by Ford that could come even close to an offering from Maruti in terms of "price",but now see the difference....