garg.vineet1

New petrol car: Under 4.5 lac

@carispassion,

I did TD for most of the cars listed here apart from Ritz.

I felt that Beat petrol and Figo petrol were not very enthusiastic in drive. Somehow didnt enjoy driving those two cars..

does anybody share this feeling about figo and beat?

I personally enjoyed Punto the most but not going for it since it is a tad expensive and also tata afss concerns.,,,

I felt that Beat petrol and Figo petrol were not very enthusiastic in drive.

Yes, you 're right vineet, Both Figo & Beat petrols are having dull slightly Dull driving feel because of their Relatively Heavy Body weights & Restricted Engine displacements of 1.2l, as to Avail Excise Duty Concessions.

And further due to the today's Fuel efficiency concerns, 2nd Gear of both the cars are Bit on the Taller side which further Robs their Enthustiastic feel.

& which model of the Punto you've Test driven- 1.3 Diesel or 1.2 Petrol or 1.4 Petrol ??

@carispassion' date='

I did TD for most of the cars listed here apart from Ritz.

I felt that Beat petrol and Figo petrol were not very enthusiastic in drive. Somehow didnt enjoy driving those two cars..

I personally enjoyed Punto the most but not going for it since it is a tad expensive and also tata afss concerns.,,,

[/quote']

Hello garg.vineet1,

Congradulations. It was just a reminder. smiley1.gif We would get a better idea only if we test drive all the cars ourselves.

By the way, I would suggest you to just take a test drive of Ritz petrol as well.

Hi,

I am planning to buy a car within a strict budget of 5lkhs in the early next month.

I am a working professional and the vehicle would be 100% used for city driving alone for 1000kms\month. In a month hardly 4 times I might be going along with my family(4 members, I am 5'10" and the rest 3 are also of the same height, we are bit hefty as well :) ).

I am not a rash driver, a slow driver also in the city i can max reach upto 60kmps, so I am not concerned much about the airbags, abs kind of stuff.

The vehicles I had in my mind were - Ritz, Aveo U-VA, Punto 1.2.

Do suggest me in buying a better car, I am planning to retain the car for 4-5 years.

100 kms per month sort of rules out a diesel.

Best bet - Ritz petrol. Great to drive in the city. Great service network and minimum hassles if you're planning to keep the car for 5 years. Downside - small boot, but that may not be a big problem considering the pure city use.

Ford Figo - is a good option, but it's not as roomy as the Ritz (headroom wise). Downside - 5 years of trouble free ownership of a Ford is unlikely. Thought they've reduced the spare prices, you might be replacing them more often than a Maruti which has better quality parts.

Chevrolet Beat - Might offer slightly better mileage than a Ritz. Stylish. Negatives - Service network not as good as Maruti, not as spacious as the Ritz.

Hyundai i10 - Good quality and service. As reliable as a Ritz. Negatives - fuel economy may not match up to the Ritz.

Maruti A Star - It's a Maruti, great mileage (best of the lot) Downside - Heavily cramped.

Forget about Aveo U-VA, it's an outdated car and has nothing good going for it. Punto 1.2 - bad service network considering your 5 year use plan, not as reliable as a Maruti and definitely not as fuel efficient as a Ritz.

Seeing the vehicles you had in mind, it seems like you have space as a major criterion. So this would be the list of cars I would suggest considering all your demands - (in decreasing order)

Ritz > i10 > Figo > Swift > Beat > Punto > Micra > A Star

P.S. Santro has not been considered, it's pretty outdated too. Micra is a new car from a new company. It's just setting up it's dealership and service networks. Wouldn't suggest going for it, thought the car is good.

Hi acihighwaystar,

Thanks for detail analysis.

Ritz is have taken a test drive last month, it is a good car with Maruthi brand(the rattling, the interiors).

U-Va as mentioned by you is an outdated model, but the inner space is too good(waiting to take the TD), and ofcourse some problems do exist in it as well.

Micra, i do not want to take a risk with it.

i10, A-star are simply no, as all four of us(my family) was not comfortable when tried to adjust into it.

So you are the second to suggest Ritz, with a simple statement against U-VA for it being outdated.

By the way I am looking into U-VA just for the 3 year cashless warranty being offered by Chevy

Plastic quality in the Ritz is good. UV-A maybe just marginally better, but the car is not worth considering overall. Poor mileage, very low resale value, and not a great ownership experience as a Maruti. There is plenty of cabin space in the Ritz, if boot space is an issue for you, step down the order and go for a Figo. Skip i10 because it's less spacious than a Ritz.

The design of the Ritz dashboard is good and the interiors will definitely be a great space to spend time.

Warranty - yes, but when you sell your car 5 years later, it will have a horrible resale value, as the car will more or less be discontinued or replaced with a China sourced car in a couple of year's time. And all the while you'll be spending on petrol because mileage is a big issue with it too. If you want something from the Chevy stable, go for the Beat, but that will be sacrificing a little bit of space (even compared to the Ritz).

@kvlchaitra: You had not read the rules. Also, you had created a thread in the wrong place - AAA is the place.

@rameshbabu.n: I expect you to report and guide the newbies instead of resounding to an essentially duplicate thread.

sgiitk2010-07-15 07:56:48

Don't consider the UVA it is highly outdated and there are some serious alternatives available today

BEAT- its a good car ,looks funky and has next gen S tec 2 engine of the UVA.

Ritz- IMHO the best city car in its petrol form the high view from drivers seat is really great , the best engine and most efficient.

Punto- Well the 1.2lt petrol is not the one to go for as it is less powerful and the car is heavy you may not like it , consider the 1.4lt petrol engine if you are drooled over its looks

Figo- Good all round car and the best value to money but the weak link is the petrol engine ,its underpowered . The diesel though is excellent.

I presently own a Maruti 800 & want 2 upgrade & have shortlisted the New WagonR, I10( kappa engine or otherwise), A-star & Ritz. I have not looked into the various variants of these cars though. My requirements are as follows:-

1. A Petrol or if available LPG/CNG car for urban(city) usage of average abt 500-800 kms monthly. I will use the car for 7-8 years.

2. My priority is in the following decreasing order:- engine quality,comfortable seating for 4-5 adults, low maintainance,low cost of running, mileage, price of the car.... in that order.

3. My budget is 4.5 to 5.5 lacs on road.

Kindly help me in finding the right car & also guide if there are any other better cars other then the ones I have shortlisted.

Thanking you,

Abhema

My votes goes for the WagonR VXi ABS. Ritz VXi or VXi ABS if you can afford it is also a good deal.

Good Engine Quality, Low maintenance & costs, good FE, decent price, are all offered by the Marutis.

Avoid the A* as it is not too good on the safety side, and can't really accommodate 5 adults, even with average comfort.

I own a Wagon R for the past 9 years, no problem at all. Only difficulty is accomodating 5 Adults. None of the cars you mentioned will accomodate 5 Adults comfortably.

Go for Wagon R.

These four cars are not comparable.The Wagon R is placed a notch lower as compared to the i10 (Magna), pricewise. The A Star shares its engine with the Wagon R though.The Ritz is priced higher adn is in the Swift category with a more powerful engine.

The i10 and Ritz should fit your budget whereas the A Star with discounts may cost below Rs 4.5L.So with that budget try to choose the better of the two viz. i10 or Ritz.The Swift is also fine but is due to be refreshed very soon.

Practically Ritz is the best amonst these cars & is almost aSegment & size above the others

But for you abhema, Wagon-R VXi seems to be best option considering your Requirements & is well within your Budget.

Its Relatively Compact in Size, very Nimble & Easy to drive in character than others & is having Excellent Visibility.

Even the Rear Seat in the latest version has been Improved alot & Is very Much comfortable now.

Hello

My budget is under 4 lacs.just I want to know which will be best car.

1.beat

2.figo

3.i10

4.wagon R

mileage,leg space,comfort,trunk volume is also important.

Please use proper spelling and grammar. if I remember correctly each sentence is supposed to start with a Capital letter as do proper nouns.

Also, use a descriptive header. You header says nothing. Has been corrected.

If it was not your first post it would have been deleted and you warned.

Post in the correct section - AAA in this case. Check before starting a new thread, you may find your answer. Your post has been moved. Read the rules!!!

sgiitk2010-09-13 10:33:52

hi

If you want to go for a car in the price range of 5-6 lac, then you could go for Maruti Suzuki A-Star Automatic, which was launched on 15th November 2010. This car from the Maruti is launched to further strengthen the position of Maruti as the leader in the small cars segment.

The A-Star automatic gives a mileage of 17km/l and comes in a unique sporty design which has made it an instant hit with the youth!

Also, the Hyundai i10 and Chevrolet Beat are its competitors which also have used designing and technology to compete in the small cars segment. While i10 has launched a massive marketing campaign to create a hype about its new car, Chevrolet promises a 3 years free servicing for its Beat. Maruti, with its extensive network all over India, provides good servicing options and a sporty look!

@debajit;

I advice you to Test Drive & Check out both the New Wagon-R & Beat,

as both are Good cars with Good Engines, Power & Fuel efficiency.

Comfort, Legroom is also Good in both cars.

Also these are having just Required Trunk Volume/Boot Space.

Upto you debajit..smiley20.gif