rahulgupta3101

Ownership Experience : Ford Figo

Hey that's my favourite colour in Figo, especially with Coral dash combo. smiley27.gif

Chill colour comes 2nd into my list.

& do discuss its Ownership & FE discussions here in this thread, it would be a much healthier discussion here.

Thanks  mac_diesel,dr_nishu and i10_bhs

@mac_diesel Ford calls it "Sea Gray". Its dark gray with a tinge of blue.

@dr_nishu - yes coral dash looks nice with this color - esp early morning and evening when it appears more brownish.

Completed more than 500kms under a week! I will be doing a tankful today evening. Will post the FE figures based on both DTE and tank-full to tank-full method, and also a review of my experience till now.

Questionsmiley25.gif: How reliable is the tank-full to tank-full method if the fuel-pump does not have auto cut-off ? What could be margin of error?

good pictures.

I went to dealership for the concern today and just came back.  For left pulling they did the allignment but still the problem is there.

did you checked the air pressure, what PSI you are maintaining ?

@amjustadreamer

thats really nice and fresh looking color, good choice smiley1.gif.

Yes, tank full the reliable way of calculating the FE.

Once the tank is full, you can ask to do top up. So that the fuel will be filled upto mouth of tank, by this way it will be accurate.

good pictures.

I went to dealership for the concern today and just came back.  For left pulling they did the allignment but still the problem is there.

The pulling to one-side problem was noticed on a certain batch of Figos which came with Apollo tyres.Are yours apollo?

mine is Good Year. 

I saw one figo at the dearlership workshop who was having problem with the tyre pressure.  They changed the tyres also but soon after filling the pressure used to come down to 18 PSI.

I think some

i am maitaining 30 PSI wen I drive alone.

And when fully laden its should be 40 PSI front and 46 PSI back

As far as I am aware, front tires should be have more PSI than back tires.

Please see the below image which is taken from Swift.

I maintain 33 PSI front and 30 PSI back tires.

dsc00265wq.jpg

Every car has different PSI concept.  Ford FIGO booklet says unladen 30 PSI on all four tires and fully laden 40 in front and 46 in rear tyres.

But when driving on highway the rear tyres should have more PSI

Did second tank-full when the trip meter was showing 387.5km..She took in 22.74 litres of diesel. So the FE works out to about 17kmpl.

Driving was 90% highway and 10%city.Average speed on highway was 70-80kmph with brief breach of 100kmph as top speed. Average speed in city would be 20kmph mostly in 1st and 2nd gear.

All my gear changes happen at around 1800rpm.

@amjustadreamer

wow. thats very good FE smiley4.gif. I am sure it will increase once the oil change is done in the first service..

Yeah even I was surprised! Let me do a couple more tank-fulls to get an average value.

I was wondering if changing gears at 1800rpm is fine, or should I wait it to cross 2000rpm. And is there any common guideline/best practices while driving a diesel?

I was wondering if changing gears at 1800rpm is fine' date=' or should I wait it to cross 2000rpm. And is there any common guideline/best practices while driving a diesel?
[/quote']

1stly, 17kmpl before the 1st Service is an Excellent FE & approves your Driving Style too & It also means that after 1 or 2 Services & 4500-5000kms your Figo will definitely Clock 20-22+ FE figures, irrespective of what its DTE says..

So, Be happy regarding FE smiley4.gif.

And 1800rpm for Gear change is fine, but try not to Stick to the Tacho or fixed rpm figures for Gear change, instead look for the conditions, like:

-Road Conditons,

-Speed of the Car,

-Engine sound & vibes, so that the engine will not run in the Tall Gear at low rpms.

And also, Do try to accelerate it sometimes too in same gear, as it helps to Smoothen out the Engine & Drivetrain mechanicals & will keeps your car's engine Flexible & Healthy too..

-And one of the Best Practice to kept the Diesel engine healthy(especially for its Turbocharger) is to Start atleast 1 minute before your journey & keep it at Idle for that 1 minute & for Switching off the Engine keep it at Idle for atleast 20-30 seconds.

-Proper Gearshifting with keeping the Engine free from knocking is the another one.