Kinshuk

Which car to lease?

My company is looking to lease

1. Mid size sedan

2. Hatchback

Since I've been entrusted with choosing the vehicle and variant, looking at pointers from fellow members to make some suggestions.

Please keep in mind, good vehicles to lease are the ones which command a good resale - say after 2-3years.

Fuel type:

Sedan Diesel

Hatch either petrol or diesel

Its a bit different when you're leasing a vehicle...so in this case...we're just looking for vehicles with good resale in the respective categories, i.e, mid size sedan and hatchback.

Let me rephrase the question: which car has the best resale in mid-top end hatchback segment & mid range sedan segment.

Hatches that can be looked at: Swift to Jazz

Sedans: Manza to Fiesta/Linea

Let me rephrase the question: which car has the best resale in mid-top end hatchback segment & mid range sedan segment.

Hatches that can be looked at: Swift to Jazz
Sedans: Manza to Fiesta/Linea

Since you are talking of resale value, it has to be a Honda/ Maruti/ Hyundai.

In this lot, Swift/ Verna are due for replacement, so that leaves your choice mainly between Ritz/ Jazz/ i20. My Choice Ritz VDi.

Go for the Fiesta diesel ZXi or Sxi it is the best vehicle for being leased also you can opt for maintainance package . The resale value of Fiesta diesel is good.

For sedans

1. Indigo Manza / Swift Dzire

2. Ikon TDCi

For hatch

1. Ford figo (since the car is new resale after 2-3 years wont be a problem)

2. Swift Ldi/ vdi ( high resale value)

I think ford will give some  discount package if you take two fords( hatch and sadan). I think when leasing out, one should consider cheaper cars.

@goenkakushal: there's a formula (ex-showroom cost-discount)*100/112.5 = Total Lease Period Rental which is then divided by the number of months you plan to lease a vehicle (24-60months) to arrive at the monthly rental. To this fleet management services are added - some are standard and some optional ones. So at the end you only pay the rental and nothing else besides the fuel. No downpayment etc...

They are suggesting (2year plan)

i10Kappa Magna @ 15k/month

Fabia 1.2Ambiente Petrol 27k/month

this includes accident damage waiver, tyre and battery replacement, total loss insurance, repair and maintenance.

With a 50k mileage cap. Kinshuk2010-05-25 10:04:07

Amongst Hatchbacks:

-Ford Figo TDCi EXi- comes with all the equipment needed for vehicles put to such use & comes out to be cheapest at Rs.12k/month(for 3yrs).

-Hyundai i20 1.2 Sports(amongst petrols) @13k/month.

MS Swift can also be put to that use but IMO after 2-3 years of All-type of  usage it'll probably develop various type of Rattles & Squeaks.

Amongst Sedans:

-Tata Indigo Manza is also good but Tata cars generally not having very Good Re-sale value.

-Instead MS Swift DZIRE VDi is a way better amongst all.
dr_nishu2010-05-27 13:57:15

IMHO figo diesel or the swift dzire would do the duty quite well. Both cars are equipped with a diesel heart. Though, you could also go in for indigo or manza, but may be manza will be on an expensive side and then fiesta/verna are also worthy contenders,though both are due for a replacement.

I think it's the figo diesel in the hatch segment and linea diesel would be an ideal choice in the entry luxury segment...!!