dr_nishu

New Fabia 2010 Spied, now launched pg4

God knows why off late almost all new car releases in India are going crazy over beige interiors. This colour reflects badly on the windscreen and at times becomes irritating while driving !!!!

Beige colour provides an Airy & spacious feeling to the Interiors, but Offering the Interiors completely in Beige shade is totally a Madness & Cheap-thing, as Hyundai done with their i10 & Chevrolet with their Spark(& I agree with winner & car_freaky regarding their cons).

But providing them in Combination with other(darker) shade for the Top-parts or in parts(most of the Auto manufacturers offers them as a part of the lower half of the Interiors) is the best solution, like Chevrolet 1st started with their Optra then others even Polo, i20 comes with that combinations.

& Personally I like that design very Relaxed, Comfort-Oriented & pleasing to the eyes as compared to other Dark Black, Grey shades.

& Skoda is doing just that(as visible from the pics), offering that Black-Beige Combination for all variants, which was earlier restricted to its Top-of-Line variant. 

And also on the cards, is the new Cheaper, Stripped down version of the Fabia w/o Rear Defogger, Front Fog lamps, Rear Wash wipe, etc shown in the pic.
dr_nishu2010-09-16 18:12:43

Skoda have confirmed that the 2010 Fabia facelift will be launched on the 24th of September 2010. Skoda Indiaon> is readying the media cars and test drive vehicles. The media cars are expected to reach most magazines later in a day or two while the test drive vehicles will be at the showrooms by the 21st of this month.

Are they bringing in an engine up grade and if so is a 1.6 petrol also available? It would be interesting to watch. 

told by dealer that the polo engines would be coming in with a bit more tweaking. and as with the earlier models, the beige must be available in the top of the line 'elegance' version.

if you notice clearly, the headlamp, grills and fog lamps have changedsmiley1.gif

sreekumar2010-09-17 13:17:14

Skoda is offering Skoda Shield to its customers:

Or '4-years of Carefree driving with Zero-Worries', which Includes;

-Basic Motor Insurance: Free 1-year Insurance policy with 24x7 Roadside Assistance.

-24x7: On-Site support in case of Breakdown or Accident.

-Extended Warranty: An extended warranty cover for Additional 2-more years, i.e; 2+2 years or 1,00,000kms(whichever is earlier).

But all at Nominal charges, at the time of Purchasing the Skoda..

Saw the new fabia on the CnB show today . The changes to the front facia makes the car look wider . I specially liked the treatment given to the chin . The interior finish looks top class. No word on the engine and performance on the show though .

Fabia_0_0.jpg

Skoda is going to launch its refreshed version of Fabia here in India on October 12th. Shown some months ago at the Geneva Motor show, the face-lifted Fabia features a redesigned front end adding new headlamps, an updated front bumper and grille. The latter two elements have been widened to give the Fabia a more

Skoda should have brought this update long back. Regardless of it being a "baby" of mommy VW. I think Skoda did lose out a good chunk of buyers who simply booked the Figo and Punto becuase of the waiting periods of Swift and Polo.

This move seems interesting by Skoda. Would like to see their next move.

Now the major factor zeroes into the After Sales Service network.

Moreover, I would like to see the 1.6 ltr engine both in Petrol as well as Diesel variants(for both Polo and Fabia).

By the looks of it the new Fabia appears far more appealing then the present one mostly because of its exteriors,but " a lot has flown under the bridge since" as they say. The Figo and to some extent the Polo, Punto have taken customers away from Fabia. If what is mentioned and written about the new Fabia is true then it can be a real hit if they price it absolutely spot on. I think if the Polo and Fabia have no major differentiating factor then Polo will surely canabilize the new Fabia sales as customers would any day prefer the VW brand. It would also be very interesting to see the effect of the new Fabia on the sales of the top ended i20.

Fabia was the costliest hatchback car in the market when it was launched in 2007. The price then was stratospheric. But it is only after the Fabia that the segment called "Premium Hatch" came into existence.

I for once wanted to purchase the Fabia and also took the TD(April 2010). But soon after that I heard the news that Fabia is going to come up with the New Polo's engine in September 2010. Preferred to wait untill then.

Meanwhile I kept on going through different websites, magazines and forums for news and updates. But to my dismay, I could collect more of negative news about the A.S.S. undertaken by Skoda Auto India smiley6.gif

Though I liked the car by the characteristics, I preferred to back off.

Have recently booked a Polo smiley1.gif

I dont think it is meant to compete with the Polo and therefore it has been priced below the Polo. The reduced price is due to the increase in localization by 15% to a total of 40% now.

Here is the website for the new car.

The engine options given are

1.2 MPI
1.6 MPI

1.2 TDI

The varients available are

Classic
Ambiente
Elegance

asethi9192010-10-12 09:43:40

The car is severely ill equipped as far as features are concerned. Its strange that all models have driver side airbags but the Classic variant doesnt have power windows on any doors and the Ambiente variant has just front power windows.!!!! Even Wagon R VXi is better equipped than the new Fabia. Whats shocking is that the Alto K10 VXi  provides at least front power windows at Rs 3.15 Lakhs (ex-showroom) thats around Rs1 & 1/2 lakh less priced than Fabia. Its high time Skoda should make their cars more vfm. Take a lesson from VW Polo.

Restyled, powerful Fabia launched

DSC_4899_0.jpg

Skoda Auto India has launched the facelifted Fabia with new

engine options on offer. The Czech firm has redesigned the front end of

the Fabia, adding new headlamps, redesigned front bumper and grille. The

latter two elements have been widened to give the Fabia a more

'dynamic' family look.

The refreshed Fabia gets new 1.2-litre 75bhp petrol and 1.2-litre

75bhp diesel motor. These are the same engines doing duty in the VW Polo

as well. The power output over the older engines has gone up 5bhp and

7bhp for petrol and diesel respectively. The Fabia also gets a powerful

1.6-litre petrol motor producing 105bhp at 5250rpm. It shares the same

engine from the newly launched VW Vento.

The facelift comes just in time as the premium hatchback market has

started hotting up. Fabia has been facing tough competition lately from

the likes of Hyundai i20, VW Polo and the Honda Jazz.

Skoda has priced the new Fabia in par with its competition. The entry

level 1.2 petrol variant is priced at Rs 4.19lakh, with the top 1.6

petrol priced at Rs 5.81lakh. The base diesel retails at Rs 5.23lakh

which goes up to Rs 6.5lakh for the top end variant (all-prices

ex-showroom, Maharashtra).

Images

sb-alto2010-10-12 12:08:15

NVH levels in the diesel remain to be seen. Earlier Fabia was low on engine refinement. Revised prices are attractive now.

Skoda needs to work extensively on a.s.s issues & spares prices.

Had the New Fabia been launched a month earlier then I may not have booked the Polo. The Fabia to me seems lot upmarket as compared to any hatchback in India. Moreover, since the sales of Fabia is very very low, I would have got the delivery within a week's time after booking the car.

I am sure that the A.S.S. factor will be taken care of as Skoda Auto is not the only Luxury Hatchback Manufacturer now. It has got serious competitors and will have to stay upto the mark to get their sales figures on track.