anjan_c2007

Best looking Indian Scooter

Which is the Best Looking Scooter ever made/sold in India?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Best Looking Scooter ever made/sold in India?

smiley32.gif  I could not list all of them due to the list being restricted to 20. But thats too much of a list to choose from. Tell about the looks and any other facts about the scooter that interest you. The Bajaj Stride, TVS Spectra and all the scooterettes (TVS Scooty, Bajaj Sunny and so on ) have been excluded. The latter because they are scooterettes and not scooters. My favourite is the Lambretta in its original Italian avatar- the Lambretta LI 150 ( LI for Lambretta Innocenti)

Yes Dudes the Eterno, HH Pleasure, Suzuki Access among the current lot are all forgotten in the poll -

I was totally caught unawares when the list reached its end at 20!!!!! Perhaps the Kinetic Honda and the Kinetic 4S, the Vespa Supremo and the Trident and the Vespa XE and the Vespa 150(LML) could be merged to create space for the Eterno, Pleasure and the Access. I am not sure whether FRG can help us at this stage by modifying the thread!!!

Dude, I think you should have a separate for the oldies. It is a matter of fact that since modern scooters look sleeker, most will vote for them (as is evident), and these old gems won't be able to score. They will get votes only if someone inclines to out of nostalgia, but in the true sense of the poll, these will be able to garner only a few votes.

Agree with Saladin.

The poll should have been divided as Pre-Liberalisation, Post liberalisation.(uptill 2000) and then 2000-2010). we should divide it for a period spanning across atleast a decade.

Ajan,

you got a very heavy list there man, i don even remember how some of the models looked like. You surely got good memory. smiley20.gif

But Alwyn 150, Lamby (lambretta), Vijai Super etc had the common base from Lambretta.

From the pre-liberalisation my vote is for Vijai Super. Though it was the name given for Lambretta produced for Indian markets, it is visually very much distinguishable from the Lambretta due to its "edgy" design where ever the original Lamby had smooth curves along the entire body.

BKing2007-11-19 19:08:51

For the best looking scooter post-liberalisation (till 2000), my Vote goes to LML Vespa Supremo. Its was the top-end of the scooters.

For the period from 2000-2010 ...... well, its a tough call. Italjet's JetSet (please introduce it, Kinetic!smiley19.gif) and the more sporty Bajaj's Blade.

Agree with Saladin.

The poll should have been divided as Pre-Liberalisation' date=' Post liberalisation.(uptill 2000) and then 2000-2010). we should divide it for a period spanning across atleast a decade.

Ajan,

you got a very heavy list there man, i don even remember how some of the models looked like. You surely got good memory. smiley20.gif

But Alwyn 150, Lamby (lambretta), Vijai Super etc had the common base from Lambretta.

From the pre-liberalisation my vote is for Vijai Super. Though it was the name given for Lambretta produced for Indian markets, it is visually very much distinguishable from the Lambretta due to its "edgy" design where ever the original Lamby had smooth curves along the entire body.

Yes BKing- The Allwyn Pusphak was a wee bit different from the Vijai Super and perhaps looked better. The Lambretta LI 150 is the original 1959 design which evolved till the early 1970's In Italy to become Vijai like. then one fine day Innocenti was lock, stock and barrel bought over by M/s Scooters India Ltd ( a Govt of India U/T) based in UP. They started making the Vijai Super in 1974 and soon to tide over the shortage of scooters many state govts got transfer of technology and made their own scooters tinkering around some body panels to look a bit different.Digvijai (Rajasthan), Allwyn Pushpak (AP Govt) and even the West Bengal Govt manufactured one. Thats how these lookalikes or  siblings in metal got scattered all over.

[/quote']

Dude' date=' I think you should have a separate for the oldies. It is a matter of fact that since modern scooters look sleeker, most will vote for them (as is evident), and these old gems won't be able to score. They will get votes only if someone inclines to out of nostalgia, but in the true sense of the poll, these will be able to garner only a few votes.[/quote']

Yeah saladin maybe this makes me do it more meaningfully

yeah indeed, Lamby is easily distinguishable from Vijai Super, but Vijai Super & Alwyn (do you remember the fridge with the same name bough over by Kelivinator in the 90s) is a bit difficult to distinguish becuase of what you mentioned. But Alwyn was limited to AP mostly (am i right?), but Vijai Super was an All India product. I still remeber the brochure of Vijai Super with two girls sitting on it. I am sure its lying somewhere inside my old books, if i get it, i'll scan it for a change for the guys out here.