sereste

Unicorn Suspension problem

Hello everybody, I have a problem with my Honda unicorn and I hope thanks to you to solve it. The problem as the title explain is with the bike suspension, they don't work properly and I really would like to substitute them (rear and front) with a new or used ones, being a foreigner in India I don't know were to go to look for it in New Delhi or else, can somebody help me in solving it if you know a address or a site link you are really welcome? I thank you in advance for any tip.BornFree2010-05-28 13:54:56

Try to get the Old Suspension bits replaced with the New Original Honda Genuine ones from Honda Service centre.

Though they are slightly expensive from the Aftermarket ones, but they are worth the every penny spend..

first of all thank you for the time you spent to reply my post, the story is my suspension aren't so old may be they need a replacement of the hydraulic liquid but since new they felt like there is no oil in it and is working only the spring  they don't absorb and keep like they should, but they go back to the original position very quickly, than the cornering when you are alone on the bike feel insecure, big change if you carry a passenger than the problem stop and the bike feel almost OK, I believe that the rear part of the bike is to high in respect of the front, changing of suspension with better and adjustable ones could solve the problems.Are you telling me to go Honda service because you don't know a specialized shop who can deal in suspension or because you know that in India there aren't shop dealing in suspension?

Thank you again

@sereste,

Unicorn's suspension is Actually stiff than its other competitiors & More Importantly Monoshock-type rear suspension has typical Stiff-traits, as you mentioned(even Yamaha FZ-bikes are having same sort of characterstics).

And what you've actually quoted Indicates normal Well-Acting Suspension(As Worn out Shock Absorbers shows typical Softness not the Stiffness what you're saying).

So, Inspecting them reveals better solution & for Unicorn's typical Suspension(Monoshock), Authorised Service Centre knows better about them than Other Specialized shop's mechanics, etc & that's why everyone here recommended you to go to Honda ASS.

thank you, but I really don't speak about stiffness which  in some case is OK, but I refer to the capacity of a suspension to keep-absorb the bump and release slowly to the original position, this is the good  work  of decent shock-absorber than another story is the bike having to much wait on the front and becoming impossible to insert it in a corner, please don't take me wrong is not my intention to teach anything, but believe me I know how a suspension suppose to work.

I try to get the specification of Honda unicorn suspension from the factory to look here in Italy for a product that can fit, but the factory didn't reply

thanks

We go to Honda service centre and ask them to see the oil in the shock absorber and ask them for a Test drive of your bike if they see any kind of fault then they can see it. Also you try a TD of another Unicorn yourself . Mostly monoshocks aren't great at low speed rides .

Sorry but I have to insist. I went to Honda service more than one time, as I told I own a Honda unicorn, and not only, before I bought it I rented trough the years four unicorn starting 2004.than I bought it by chance when they introduce unbalance alloy wheels ( only Hero Honda is able to balance motorbike alloy wheels in India). in total the five of them had the same identical suspension problems and so on, this is why after I try my best I start to ask in forum like this if somebody knows how to contact in India a shop or factory, apart Honda, dealing in Indian and or foreign shock absorbers. I know for sure that there is in New Delhi a factory producing suspension only for the exterior sale purpose, because a friend was buying from them, but this Austrian friend lost is life with a 500 Enfield going from Delhi to Kerala, so the address was lost with him.   

Dear All,

I hv bought a new Honda unicorn on October-2012.Due to the stiffnes of the suspension ,i cant ride it and not using since last 1 months.Aproached service center 3 times already and they says mono suspension has been already replaced by them.But still there is no change on riding.Am suffering severe back pain and under treatment.

Can anybody,suggest me which bike will have a better suspension?.I need a bike but cant take a risk anymore.

Pls share if anybody facinf this same issue..

Joseph Jaison

Cochin