Sign in to follow this  
driftpunk

Alloys for my white ANHC

Hey guys out here. Every day that I pass here on ACI Forums makes me feel a greater urge within to get alloys for my ride. I have a white Honda City I-Vtec. I currently have the OEM wheel caps on the wheels but very soon I'm going to get tyres upgraded and get a pair of alloys. I have selected the following alloy as 16 inchers for my ride. Can someone suggest me what else can i look upto to bling up my ride. They are called PY - 518 by Plati.

328298d1271134277-official-alloy-wheel-s

P.S. Can someone having a good hand in Photoshop make a sample ANHC with this alloy in it so that it can give a good idea. Although I have 95 % faith that it'll look awesome smiley2.gif

Here's a bigger view. How will they look as 16 inchers ? Need your advice guys.

16incherspy518.jpg

--Drift Punkdriftpunk2010-05-30 14:29:01

16-Inchers will be too big for ANHC, as it'll affect its Ride Comfort to very large extent & also erode its Suspension, Warranty, etc..

Since Honda city runs on 175/70 section tyres & 14"-Wheels & while upgrading you can opt for 185/65 or 185/70 tyres on same Sized Alloys, as it'll benefit you both in Handling, Grip & Ride comfort levels.

But if you wants Pure & Razor-Sharp handling then you can also go for upsizing its Rim size too to 15-Inchers with 195/60 set of rubbers.

Also do check for Plati alloys designs at:

Gudluck

Nope. I Disagree with your wheel choise. You should Go in for something more sporty. Maybe a Lenso on a Koenig. Also, Go in for a Black/Darker shade or a white shade. Will look awesome on the car.

Aah..!! I dont know why, but I was/am never in favour of Black-ish alloys. The alloys I feel should make the ride stand out and noticeable whenever it is out in the streets. Glossy and shiny ( and I dont mean CHROME'd) make the cars always attractive and noticeable. <-- all my personal opinion.

@Cyrus, yea buddy, I'm looking for white shades, or hyper silver, because I recently saw a white ANHC with the ones I posted above (15") and it looked pretty attractive to me.

@Doc Nishu - ANHC comes with 15inchers sir. So I just have to go up-one-level. If I went from 14 to 16, or 15 to 17 then it would have been a concern   smiley18.gif .

@sarabjeet - The alloy on this page - http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/full-product.php?id=309&fid=9 is pretty attractive. And it'll make the car look longer and masculine. Thats what I want. And yea, thanks alot buddy for the alloys collection. I'm going through them. Hopefully I'll select a good one from the lot. Yea, I would really appreciate some more help smiley1.gif .

Sometimes I think to go with a Wacky-stylish alloy 'cuz I'm just 21 years old (young). Sometimes I feel Simplicity is the best policy. Complex and weirdo alloys are difficult to maintain smiley18.gif . Another design that I had thought in my mind was the BMW alloys which have ~16 spokes or more (just an estimate). But they demand a lot of extra care. I know care is something inevitable even in case of other alloys, hehe, but ok, I still have those alloys (BMW wale) on my mind. smiley1.gif

-Drifty!!

driftpunk2010-05-30 19:33:22

Since Honda city runs on 175/70 section tyres & 14"-Wheels

Correction smiley37.gif.

I've written with Honda City ZX's spec in my mind.

So, If ANHC comes with 175/65 R15 (Tubeless) tyres, you can safely opt for 185/65 R15 or 195/60 R15 tyres safely without affecting on its Ride Quality & you'll be benefitted with better Road Grip, Braking & Handling with these new Set of Wheels/Tyres at the mild expense of FE.

But If you wanna go for 16-Inchers, you've go with lower profile tyres, say 195/55-R16 or max 60 profile 185-R16 ones. The latter will not affect your car much but the former ones apart from only looking Simply Superb, will definitely affect your car's Suspension, Steering bits & will gives your Harsh Ride Quality.

So the better size options for your ANHC comes out to be 185/60-R16 or 195/60 R15 with your Choice of Set of Wheels to make your Car look, Run & Feel Gorgeous

@ sbalto and Mac, I have selected some alloys from your referred websites. Thankx!!

@Dr.Nishu - Yes sir, I have decided on 185/60 - 16" for my car. I just hope it doesn't touch the inner side of the car. I have to check it up with the Honda A.S.S. Okey doc, what I need real advice on is that should I go for more number of spokes or not. Because lesser number of spokes looks simple and decent. My father, is a principal of a well-reputed college here and although he has a CR-V at his disposal (from the college) but sometimes when the driver is on leave, dad takes the car (CITY) to office himself. But that situation is once in 30 days/50 days. That way I want that the car should look sophisticated. CONFUSEDDDDD!!! GOD HELP ME!! driftpunk2010-06-01 16:14:06

@driftpunk: ha ha smiley36.gif..

Its not the number of Spokes which Justifies the Decency/Personality.

As many Sober looking cars have more than even 10-12 spokes in their Alloys, like BMWs n Mercs, etc. It only the matter of Liking, Choice & Tastes.

Discuss your choice & design of the Alloy with your dad & buy what both of you like, as it seems to be The best way to get out of this trouble.

Thats a big big problem. Dad has absolutely ZERO knowledge about such stuff. Its like the something I saw written on a t-shirt - " My dad is my ATM ". Dad gives me the cheque, I do whatever I like. But I have to keep a check. Just like here.

@driftpunk,

Really great confusion dude..

But If I would have been your place & under same circumstances- Then I would have chosen either 5 or 8-Spoke Alloys.

Usually most of the designs associated with them looks Stylish yet Sober. smiley1.gif

Gudluck..
dr_nishu2010-06-02 21:03:20