sgiitk

Alabaster Silver Civic V AT

Picked up my car yesterday. I am having problems with multiple pics so folks only one right now.

After a run in with Honda Corporate the dealer managed to get the vehicle and delivered it on June 1 (the day that the latest avatar of Civic with BS4 was launched). Still getting to terms with it.

Had my best experience to date with the delivery. All paperwork was ready, the car was clean, all accessories (except 5th alloy and illuminated sills which I had been told  may take a week or so) in place, took time explaining the controls/facilities, etc. To cap it all no minions looking for Baksheesh. It is the taste in the mouth and not the Rs.100 or so which is important. All kudos to Pushp Honda and their GM Mr Sahani.

Two minor gripes:

1. Honda should give more than a single power point. One needs to connect a GPS, change a mobile, and may be add a car fridge. At least two should be there.

2. even though the Hi and Lo beams are separate, the lo beam does not have HID. Corolla Altis (G series) has it so why not Honda!

20100602_092936_IMG_0364.JPG

sgiitk2010-06-02 09:32:14

@mac_diesel: It is the BS4 model with reversing sensors as standard (in V) while the S picks up repeaters on mirrors for indicators. I am adding a pic of the rear.
20100602_101155_IMG_0368.JPG

20100602_101418_IMG_0362.JPG

BornFree2010-06-02 10:25:27

What a pleasant surprise SG? Hearty congratulations on your new buy.The car looks awesome and its an AT.smiley1.gifWhat made you change over from Hyundais to Honda? Guess DD will miss? a co-admirer of Hyundais.Hyundai cars are of course in their own place and have been loyal to many.So I am sure you will continue to admire them.Do post more driving impressions and with pictures.The Civic is a fantastic car but the only thing I do not like about it is its low ground clearance.

CYRUS432010-06-03 14:11:48

Prof' date=' I see the Acc. pedal stuck in the floor mat. Please look into it before driving off.[/quote']

or else this Honda will turn into a Toyota!! smiley36.gif

Congratulations Dr Gupta! She looks beautiful!

or else this Honda will turn into a Toyota!! smiley36.gif

Oh come on Archit - there's a separate Toyota bashing thread! smiley2.gifsmiley36.gifKinshuk2010-06-02 16:44:52

Finally you go the paddle shift Honda Civic which you praised for ever since you were in the forum (torque converter lock up) . Congrats! have a happy good time with it .

So will you go in for HID in lower beam if yes what about warrenty ?

Congrats sir, great buy.

Do take us through your thought process. While we knew the VW group was never in the picture how did you decide between the two Japs.

Also any mod plans inspired by subzero?

Since almost the same questions are cropping up in many minds, let me put it straight. Altis offers superb back seat comfort but the young man that SG is, likes to drive & enjoy the F1 feel through the paddle shifts. I guess this answers all.smiley1.gif

Since almost the same questions are cropping up in many minds' date=' let me put it straight. Altis offers superb back seat comfort but the young man that SG is, likes to drive & enjoy the F1 feel through the paddle shifts. I guess this answers all.smiley1.gif

[/quote']

haha i guess we will soon see modifications also ?

Congrats alot Sanjay sir for buying the New Honda Civic. smiley32.gif

Loved that Honda-logo Keyring, it just a Steal man.. smiley27.gif

Searched alot in the market but haven't found even single one except on Honda cars. But got the Hyundai's one, Simply Amazing it is. .

Prof' date=' I see the Acc. pedal stuck in the floor mat. Please look into it before driving off.[/quote']

Good Catch BF..

But the Honda Civic comes with Floor mounted fulcrum based Accelerator pedal [like earlier Premier Padmini(sorry guys if i'm making unfair comparison here)], unlike other other cars whose fulcrum are mounted on the back-side of the Firewall. 

So, that's why it appears like, as per BF quoted.

Congratulations Sir,

I wish you have a pleasant and trouble free ownership. It is one of those advanced cars with lots of class comfort and style. The perfect car for you. smiley32.gif

Thanks everybody.

I see the Acc. pedal stuck in the floor mat. Please look into it before driving off.

I caught that one and was a pain with the mat moving around. I found a polythene sheet between the floor carpet and the mat. Removed it and the mat is staying put.

What a pleasant surprise? Hearty

congratulations on your new buy.The car looks awesome and its an AT.smiley1.gif

What made you change over from

Hyundais to Honda? .....So I

am sure you will continue to admire them.

I still have my Santro. I see no interesting products from Hyundai in this segment.

If it was a manual then it would have been an Altis. For AT it had to be the Civic.

The Civic is a fantastic car but the only

thing I do not like about it is its low ground clearance.

By all accounts the mounting point changes in Sept 2009 have mitigated the problem to a large extent.

Please wait for a month or so for my impressions. Instant Nirvana helps nobody.