sgiitk

Alabaster Silver Civic V AT

@rssh: will try and take the pic.

I have done only 400km to date. The first tank (under 200km) gave overall 7.4. Not surprising since my Accent had started with about 8! The next was the Lucknow trip, for which I topped up before and after). Now when I tank up the next time (remember a 50l tank takes a lot of juice). I will check again. They must have burnt a litre or two doing repeated start stops for the battery light problem. On the 17th when I left the workshop the battery was in the part discharged zone.

Many congratulations SG sir on your Civic!! Just logged in after a long break and saw this thread. The car looks great but thats expected of a brand new car.

I am surprised by the Honda tacky service and the battery light issue, they sell a 14/15 lakhs car and they give this kind of treatment. I think in places like UP, Bihar there is a general deterioration of service when compared to the South.

Also this under belly scraping disadvantage of the Civic is just over hyped. I have driven with 4 people in the car over the biggest of speed breakers and I have not scraped the underbelly. Only once or twice, when the car was completley loaded (3 adults over 80kgs + 2 normal adults + a child) and there is this monstrous speed breaker for the trucks did it scrape.

By the way my car runs on Shell Helix Ultra. Happy driving.

@sgiitk can you tell what was your milege when you went to the first service ?Also what was the service cost?

Pls post the pics of the side step garnish I love that cool glow . Also I think the rear side step doesnot glow so I have seen after market lighting system to fix it .

@Winner: I never had an Altis. I had sold my Accent.

Service cost ZERO as I refused both undercoating and Nitrogen.

This in the pic. I do not care about the rear since 95% of the time it is me and my wife who are riding. The colours are not perfect since the logo is a light blue. Also, with modern mid- to higher end cars do not meddle unless you must.

20100619_115050_IllumStep.jpg

sgiitk2010-06-19 11:58:24

@subzero: as Dr Gupta said the problem was due to faulty installation of the door sills - a single person's inability to solve a problem and another single person's inability to carry out the installation - Whilst solving a problem one should start from the point when there was no problem and then move to the point when the problem came up and look at what all happened between this period to reach the cause of the problem. Anyone at the service centre with sound problem solving skills would have pointed this out in no time.

Also, I disagree with you on the UP Bihar comment, not because I belong to this region, but because A.S.S varies from dealer to dealer all over India. I had my NHC serviced at Delhi after a good soaking in rain and puddle water last year - not a very good experience! Lucknow Honda Service centers (there are 2) are delivering way better service. I have personal experience of visiting one for more than 10 years - had accidental repairs done on my OHC and running maintenance on NHC and can vouch for the service response/ Service Advisor:Customer relationship at Fortune Honda.

Kinshuk2010-06-19 12:41:56

Also' date=' I disagree with you on the UP Bihar comment, not because I belong to this region, but because A.S.S varies from dealer to dealer all over India.

[/quote']

Sorry Kinshuk but I have the same impression about every A.S.S that I've visited in Lko. I haven't had any good experiences with Maruti / Mahindra / Chevrolet / Tata / Toyota.

Haven't tried Honda though. Good to know that your experience has been +ve.

@dtandon: Well I haven't personally visited Maruti - driver does that. We've been getting washing done at Ranjan & regular running repairs by the same workshop which takes care of my Fiat and is bang opposite my house. Chevy was with Gemini which shut shop and now is with an unknown entity. Tata is Tata - no comments. As for now have had a good experience with Toyota.Kinshuk2010-06-19 17:19:48

Sorry Kinshuk but I have the same impression about every A.S.S that I've visited in Lko. I haven't had any good experiences with Maruti / Mahindra / Chevrolet / Tata / Toyota.

Haven't tried Honda though. Good to know that your experience has been +ve.

My statement would be the same for our region.

Saving grace for Maruti has been the sheer no/choice, some turn out good.

Honda too in our region is no-good.

@Kinshuk: When I went onto the workshop floor I had them undo what they had done and proceed from there. What looks like is that they had managed to loosen some other connector.

Last week I got a call apologising from the SA and on Saturday I got a letter of apology from Pushp Honda.

I had parked the car after bringing it home on the 18th (roadworks). Yesterday I took it out. The engine warning came on after about 3km, but then went off on its own in a few minutes . On the return tirp and this morning it behave itself.

So I am keeping a benign eye, such intermittent faults either go away or become permanent. Otherwise, they are a devil to track down.

@sgiitk:"So I am keeping a benign eye, such intermittent faults either go away or

become permanent. Otherwise, they are a devil to track down."

You bet, all these light's on the dash, more often than not, only confuse us. My car's auto aircon started acting up (it wouldn't remain in the recirculatory mode) I was scratching my head and then I just pressed auto and then brought down the fan speed and now things are working fine. 

sgiitk2010-06-28 10:15:42

@DD: I sent them an e-mail more or less echoing the post. within 15 minutes I got a call from Mr Lamba, the Head of the Workshop. He was keen to send a technician over. I told him what will the man do, since this morning I brought it to IIT and no issues. He has asked me to call him on his mobile, whenever the problem recurs.

I am quite Ok with the 'id1ot lights' but would prefer the good old gauges any day.

Well sgiitk looks like your Honda is turning out to be unreliable !

Anyways apart from the niggles tell us if you are using the paddle shifts or just letting transmission use its brain ? Any road trips planned on the new car .

Reliability is at the moment under a cloud. The problem started when they installed the Step garnish. At the moment it does not bug me too much since the battery and alternator are new, so irrespective of the indication I know the battery is being charged.

Have been to Lucknow on the 16th. Have some more trips coming up in the next few months.

The problem is back. I drive the car to IIT and back - 2 round trips yesterday, no problems. Today morning I drove over. On the way back the light came on and stayed on till I reached home. I had stopped on the way once. Essentially when you start the car, the light is off, and then comes on a few minutes later.

On reaching home I left the engine running, got my DMM and check the battery voltage - 12.04-12.06V. Then I switched the engine off and started it a minute later. No light this time - Battery Voltage 12.09-12.14V.

So looks like a bad alternator. The timing with the Step Garnish was probably just a coincidence. With the battery showing a (near) full charge, and the alternator running it should have been in the 12.8 -13.8V range! I called Mr Lamba up. He is getting the car collected tomorrow.

@rahul: All companies initially just refer the complaint to the dealer. So no purpose will be served by writing to them. You missed the tenor of my latest post, does not look like the wiring but the alternator. It was probably a coincidence that it happened at the time of wiring work.

@dtandon: Did not check. But to me 12.1V with the alternator charging looks conclusive enough. Let them try and diagnose and fix it. The W/S Manager on the phone seemed to agree with me, and was quite willing to replace the alternator and/or the loom.

Since they appear to be decent and competent (they were also very systematic) so escalating at this point may not be a such good idea.

sgiitk2010-06-29 18:32:36