Sign in to follow this  
driftpunk

Zoooming in on Pulsar 220

Hey guys out here, I am planning to buy a bike in this week. And I have zeroed in on Pulsar 220. I have not owned a bike till now. Used to have a Bajaj Chetak (mighty power), a Kinetic Honda and a Kinetic 4S, all thanks to my mom and sister. I have planned and finalised Pulsar 220 DTSi. I have not been able to get the price quote of it till now. Dont know why, but it should be a pretty easy job to get it. So, I would like to know the price of the bike and how much it will cost on road.

I will also like to know the PRO's and CON's of the bike. Pleeeeeeeeese dont suggest me any other bike, I have already made a hard choice after so many hours of thinking and pondering.

- Drifty!!

Good to hear that you have made a decision what to buy. Just visit a nearest showroom, ask for the quote and if possible take a test ride. All the bests !!

PROs -                                                            

1]Good top end.               

2]Muscular feel.

3]Projector lamps.

4]Stable ride.

5]Low price of Spares.

Cons -

1]Yet another "PULSAR"

2]Engine gets harsh when power needs to be extracted.

3]Heavy kerb weight, making it difficult to flick around.

4]Low resale value, because of low ex-showroom price.

5]New generation of Pulsars to be here by 2012

If you do not want outright power, then i would suggest buying a Pulsar 180. Keeps up with the Big boys.

@Vr.46, really appreciate your post buddy. The pro's from the list are over-powering the Con's. Dont know if this is universally true for the list or just that I have planned on the bike so I am biased for it. Hehe.

Talking about the cons,

1. Yet another Pulsar, hmmm yeah, thats just another Pulsar, now what can we do about it. Getting a 220cc ~80k is pretty VFM for me.

2. Engine gets harsh when power needs to be extracted ? Is it that when you high rev it the engine gets harsh ? Kindly elaborate more on this point. I am a more of a looks-conscious and power-oriented guy.

3. The kerb weight is 150 kg. I wonder what ill-effects it will have on driving. I have never driven a bike for long. Although I keep driving bikes of my friends (Electra, Stunner, Old Pulsar, etc).

4. Low Resale value? Man, I had decided to buy a 2nd Hand 220DTsi and ended up in the market with rates of 65k for 2007 model bikes. Man! I was stunned. Just 15k depreciation in 3 years ?

5. 2012, aah....so far. Who knows the world might end in 2012. smiley11.gif By 2012 I will have completed my Engineering and will be doing a job in some good reputed company. (hopefully).

The main thing I like about the P-220 is the headunit. I mean the front part. This is the only thing that distinguishes it from the other bikes of the sub 80k segment and also from the other pulsars. Rest all the pulsars have the same looks.

P.S. Keep the replies comin!!

--Drifty

Well the on road price for P220 is 82 for the non flaring and 85 for the flared version. Even I am in same situation , I am planning on a 150-200cc bike . I have ridden the CD100 many times but the new bikes are on a different world altogether .I mean the power and power of disc brake can take a newbie for a ride .

@driftpunk  I recommand you the bike as it is a VFM but it won't be exclusive . When are you buying the bike ( June or later )? I have had a search for bike in budget of 65-80 k and I think (I am sorry) I have shortlisted the Dazzler and RTR 180 just because they feel quality which the BAJAJ sorely lacks

SAD UPDATE OF THE DAY.

MOTORCYCLES ARE UNSAFE : PARENTS

My parents have bluntly refused to buy me a bike. They are unsafe. Drive Honda City, anywhere everywhere, but no biking. smiley19.gif Man, shattered dreams !!

Mods please close this topic

@driftpunk,

Sorry, i believe you understood my statements differently. All i meant was just go ahead and buy the bike.

And also sad to see that your parents denied you the bike. Try explaining them that you have grown up and mature enough to handle the situations.

@driftpunk Even my parents said I will buy you a second  hand car but no a bike . I think after seeing Dhoom parent think that we want to imitate the HEROs but this was said long ago and anyway I never ride a bike rashly I know consequences , anyway if I do get a bike it will be after the monsoons.

My parents have bluntly refused to buy me a bike. They are unsafe.

Yes, Motorcycles are the bit Risky to drive & I think most of the parents don't wanna let their Beloved Progeny to buy that, until- unless they really Needs them, for Instance: for Intra-City usage, or for Commuting in Trafficky-areas, etc where 4-Wheelers are tricky to use.

Even Americans loves bikes & they even prefer to do long distance Highway Commutes, for which they have very very Special- Harley Davidson.

Though in India Highway biking is still risky due to Trucks & other Bland drivers, but It's not all that for which It has to be Avoided !

So Drifty, as you're residing in Chandigarh & with considering City beautiful's Roads & Traffic conditions- It's not that much Risky for which it can be avoided.

IMO, Biking is really One of an Experience of lifetime, to feel the Cool evenings, winds(than Artificial env of ACs) & last but not the least 'The Hair in the Wind' feel(though w/o Helmet driving riding isn't recommended)

Take your time to think & Choose between Pulsar 220 & HH Karizma ZMR for that Passionate ride of lovely Chd-Road rides(especially Gerri-route, Sec-22 areas around Aroma, etc) 

SAD UPDATE OF THE DAY.

My parents have bluntly refused to buy me a bike. They are unsafe. Drive Honda City' date=' anywhere everywhere, but no biking. smiley19.gif Man, shattered dreams !!

Mods please close this topic[/quote']

haha i share your pain , was just 1 month away from getting myself an CBR600 ,  meet with an accident on my bike plans scrapped.

Yea, accidents with relatives and known people!! Thats one major happening that pacifies the chances of owning a bike! Now everytime I see a guy driving P220, I feel my heart sinking. smiley22.gif I really dont know what to react. One side I feel safe and on the other.... ! I guess it'll take sometime to get over the feeling.

Biking is altogether a different feeling.

2 wheels move the soul, 4 wheels move the body.

I am a biker and yeah, i will buy a car when i an 55, but till then its just 2 wheels for me.

BTW i am just 18 now.