BKing

BAJAJ copies VOLKSWAGEN ???

well it's not me saying, but this article I found online saying. I started the thread with the same caption for the online article.

We are all aware of Bajaj's kneejerk reaction to TVS Flame, now from the look of the things, it clearly looks like Rajeev Bajaj's energetic team just looked at some logo in some different way? smiley2.gif

From the link.  http://letsgoforthetake.wordpress.com/2007/08/06/bajaj-copies-volkswagen/

BAJAJ copies VOLKSWAGEN ???

August 6, 2007 in International | 18

comments

hm_img1b.thumbnail.jpegw=160&amph=281

Has the Indian Motor international

Actually the Bajaj's new logo represnts "FLYING B" ..and it does represent it in a sense. It certainly does looks like a bird in flight if you have seen some pictures representing birds.

Uncanny. Was it a deliberate copy or a Freudian (unconscious) one!

In any case I am sure VW can make a tidy buck threatening to sue Bajaj. I have a strong feeling that this will never come to court and Bajaj will just pay up!

Uncanny. Was it a deliberate copy or a Freudian (unconscious) one!

In any case I am sure VW can make a tidy buck threatening to sue Bajaj. I have a strong feeling that this will never come to court and Bajaj will just pay up!

but, what's there to sue bajaj about ??? the design might just be inspired by the volkwagen logo... it doesn't even resemble the symbol.....i dont think there's any way that VW can sue bajaj for that design

but' date=' what's there to sue bajaj about ??? the design might just be inspired by the volkwagen logo... it doesn't even resemble the symbol.....i dont think there's any way that VW can sue bajaj for that design

[/quote']

I guess you are a not fully aware of the viper pit that the IPR/copyright scene is. If VW were an American company, wires would have been burning by now. The Bajaj logo in my humble opinion is too similar to the VW logo.

I think the law talks about similar (which it definitely is) and not identical. Let us see how this pans out! Also the VW logo has been going for donkey's years which the Bajaj is very new. So chronology is not in favour of Hamara Bajaj

Yes you are right they have rolled out 15 million Passat recently since 34 yrs.

i agree... if there's gonna be a case, then VW is gonna win it.... but still, the two symbols are too different to sue