creativebala

Swift's waiting period

Yesterday I got a shock of my life

People who booked White VDi ABS on october '09 are still waiting.

The dealer was ABT Guindy.

I booked it in feb last week and was said, i need to wait for 4 months. I went yesterday to check its status, but.....

The SA said, there is no point in waiting for a ABS, its better to go for non- ABS. I will never buy a swift w/o ABS, as I know about its power 'n braking abilities.

One month back, I did checked out with another dealer, Cars India, same story there too, Customers who booked before 6 months were waiting there.

Is there any solution for this?

- Mod, please merge this with similar thread, i searched for one, but in vain.

Swift Diesel has got a long waiting period, but 6 months seems too long. I guess there is no other option but to wait. If you do not want to wait so long then check if Figo 1.4 titanium duratorq is available or not. 5.36 is swifts price and Figo Titanium will be 5.40lakhs. 

Yup, you can either wait or get the Figo TDCi (which also has a waiting period of a month) or the Indigo eCS. However, I feel that waiting from October 2009 is too outrageous. It might be a one-off or is everybody facing the same problem?

the solution is called ON, waiting Six months is insane that too for a car which is in market for last 4 years.

seriously bala take a look at i20 Magna diesel , with 6 gear tranny its a good option

the solution is called ON' date=' waiting Six months is insane that too for a car which is in market for last 4 years.

seriously bala take a look at i20 Magna diesel , with 6 gear tranny its a good option
[/quote']

i20 is seriously out of my budget. The non-ABS i20 era comes @ 6.8L INR on road where as the ABS'd one come for 7.8L INR

where as Swift VDi ABS or Figo Platinum comes around 6L INR

In the past me and my family have refused to buy cars that have a waiting period of more than a week or two. I seriously would not even consider a car that has a waiting period of 2-6 months. Its preposterous.

Go for the Figo, Bala. We all know its a great car. I personally prefer it over the Swift anyways.

@CB: I feel this waiting list is soo long that one would completely loose interest by the time the car arrives and mood may change that you're no more interested in the Swift anymore. I think as sb-alto and desginersf have suggested take a long hard look at Figo Titanium Duratorq.

I feel you have two  options here. One, stay with the same car in a different clothing. Enquire about the availibility of Ritz VDI. The other as everyone has said is Figo.

If you are going to get your car delivered in Autumn, you might have other options nearby like Etios.

@bala

take a look at Ford as everyone else suggests and Vista QJ with new gear box. Try Ritz D also.

by the time you get hold of the swift there might be a facelift version around the corner

Waiting for 6 months smiley3.gif, this is too much. I agree with Durango Dude, one will loose interest if he has to wait 1/2 year to get a car. Seriously you can look for other options like Figo or Polo. These cars are new to market and has a fresh look than Swift.

I think Maruti is loosing their customers by waiting period.

I think any mass produced car with a waiting period of over 1 to 1-1/2 months is not worth it. Take your business elsewhere. The manufacturers will learn very quickly!

sgiitk2010-06-08 10:14:25

Bala, I'll narrate my brief story about Swift to you. From the day it was launched, I was always interested in buying one. Diesel Swift came little later, so I never bought the petrol in anticipation for the diesel. Let me also add that I was always averse to waiting periods for cars & the whole bookings thing. I still strongly feel, these things should be available off the counter on payment. Why wait??

Indian market is such that the cars which are successful, usually have a long waiting list too. I always thought Maruti would be able to increase capacity & Swift's could be had in around a months time & this would be the time I would buy one. Alas, this never happened! Still I never purchased anything the competition had to offer because I was in the market for the Swift & was able to wait because there was no need to hurry.

Looking back I do feel that I could have booked the cars long time back & by now enjoying it too! Talked to an Executive the other day & he claimed a waiting period of 3months to the max. BTW, some people have bought Swift's from neighboring smaller Cities whose quota is high but sale is slow.

That said, waiting for 6 months time is too much, considering that a newer Swift would be launched in 2011.

BTW' date=' some people have bought Swift's from neighboring smaller Cities whose quota is high but sale is slow.

[/quote']

Let me check if this is possible.

Both me and my dad doesn't like Figo's looks. If i can convince him for a Punto, nothing best like that, but when I say Fiat, he is putting a full stop.

To ACI members in TN other than Chennai, can you check out VDi ABS's waiting period.

People who booked White VDi ABS on october '09 are still waiting.

I booked it in feb last week and was said' date=' i need to wait for 4 months. I went yesterday to check its status, but.....

Is there any solution for this?

[/quote']

Impressed by your Patience man & especially of that whos waiting Since Oct'09.

There was same Scenario in Punjab earlier, but later on after Media's push/pull, etc MS have directly taken over this String from its Dealers(who used to book it at fake names & then Black marketed it). Now all the Booking Info regarding Swift & Dzire is sent to the MS Head Office & then by the Owner's turn they directly contact him by mail/phone & tell him directly all about its Despatch dates, Reaching date & Delivery schedule/point. 

And result being, Immediately Swift's WP being reduced to 2-2.5 months from earlier 4-5 months.

So bala, If the WP in Chennai is going over the head, then try at some small city in your state & If that's comes out to be significant then try Other dealers in some Nearby states.

However, Off-table deals are an another Issue. But I believe in 'Jaago Re..'

MS seriously have to address this Issue, as Today's market scenario is quite different from the Past, when they are having the Monoply.

As now, Ford, Nissan, VW, Hyundai have also attacked the same segment with their products.

So Presently, 'Maruti's loss is Ford/Hyundai/VW/Nissan's gain'.   

omg!! feel sorry for you ...when swift launched 4 years back we were the first ones to buy the swift and indeed my dad bought in the same guindy abt dealership...i got my swift zxi orange in a weeks time .though it was petrol and must say it was initial times but not now i guess.. i feel that you should go and buy a polo. saw a black polo yesterday and it looked more plush compared to the swift .my friend booked a white polo last month and is getting delivery this week.so take a wise decision or go for punto a really good dynamic performer in handling.

@bala

Contact Maruti sales office in Chennai. ask them whether the dealer quoted waiting period is the usual case. Also try pressuring them into fast tracking the delivery. I have heard stories of Dzires being delivered in 15 days because of this. Don't give up so easily on your first preference.

Chennai

7th Floor, Capital Towers,

180, Kodambakkam High Road

Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600 034

Tel:  (044) 28233051-3

I got lucky here. I got a call from Maruti the next day we bought the used Swift. Will post its pictures soon. If the call came a week ago, i would've bought the VDI ABS in present avatar.

So all in all, its a exact 6 months wait for White VDI ABS in Chennai.

More often than not, the dates/bookings given to the consumer by the dealers are rarely adhered to by the Manufacturers.  They `play a lot'.  If you chase the Branch/Area/Zonal office of the Manufacturer, you will get the car early.  There is no doubt about it.  Just make the life miserable for all those in those offices.  Pester them with daily calls and escalate the calls to the chaps above.

In my case, when I booked my Xylo at Chennai (spontaneous reaction without considering the RTA related issues), I was promised that I will get the E8 Red in about 40 days time.  Soon after a week or two, I cancelled it and booked again at Hyderabad (to avoid the RTA issues).  Again the same delivery schedule of 40 days.  But, upon pestering the M&M guys in Mumbai and Hyderabad/Chennai, I got it in less than 1 week.  That's it. smiley2.gif

The best part :  The car is sent specially from Mumbai with clear markings on it saying that this is meant for Ramesh/SBI.  And, I am treated as a VIP in the office of their Hyderabad dealership.