creativebala

New mini-SUV - Uno Way, Uno to hit roads in Dec'10

As per our sources, the Uno is set to begin its on road testing procedures in August and is slated to go on sale by this year end. When it goes on sale, the Uno will be a replacement to the FIAT Palio. Ironically, the Palio itself was a replacement for the Uno in Indiawhen the supermini had failed miserably. When the new Uno comes to India, it will reportedly be powered by a 1.0-litre flex fuel engine for the low end variant while the top-end model might get a 1.4-litre mill. There is a fair chance that the 1.3-litre Multijet may also find its way into the engine bay to catering to the new diesel-hungry segment of the Indian market.

2011-Fiat-Uno1.jpg

cca2af1a32ee44942f0b9bb4e1299f45.jpg

In Brazil, the Uno also has a brawnier sibling called the

Interesting scoop CB. Would be nice to have a stylish and compacy off-roader in the Indian market.

Its sad to see that Fiat launches such beautiful and tempting products one after another and potential buyers are driven away by the qualitty niggles and questionable ASS by Tata. 

Beautiful and tempting - No way!

This looks horrible - I have seen it in the flesh. And the "Flex" engine is nothing but a dual fuel engine that can run on alcohol or on petrol. Suitable for Brazil (where alcohol is used as alternative fuel) but not for our country. The engine is very underpowered and driving an 800 is more fun.

For India, Fiat could have a wide range of engines to choose from. Remember emphasis now-days is on "Economy" rather than "Power".

The high GC, SUV stance, etc would be a first for the segment. Fusion came much before time & placing was premium. I didn't find much fault with the design too.

When I was in Brazil, I have seen a majority of private cars running on ALCOOL ( a mixture of Alcohol and Petrol ) which is relatively cheaper than pure Petrol fuel.  As Brazil is a leading producer of sugar, the by-product of alcohol-like products have made them make the required modifications in their passenger cars to accept Alcool as the main-stay-fuel.  Let me add here that their `Sand Buggies' (a top-less two seater/four seater cars used for driving on beaches and sand dunes) run only on Alcool and are very popular in Brazil.  I have driven more than five to six brands of passenger cars and Buggies which are run on Alcool.  The sad part (for all those who wish....) is that this Alcool is not fit for human consumption.  And, on the other hand, it is poisonous and hazardous to drink it. 

IMO, Rather than piling up the new Cars here in India, Fiat have to concentrate on its Quality & AfSS Issues first.

& Due to these, Fiat have started losing its Iconic image & Italian Charm here in India.

I saw something similar in the Car&Bike show NDTV.
The anchor drives an ethanol-run uno.
It sure looks good.

Its not just something similar, its this same Uno.

The car was superb in flesh. Good space, good stance, SVP did mention it looks like a mini Jeep. If this comes with MJD, this one will sell more than Punto. Interior Quality was also good.