sham

Punto: right suspension problem.

Hi all,

Its just been 6 months and the right suspension is horribly conked up. I can hear the noise and its so loud i fear driving the car anymore.

Today I took it to the showroom and they say the 'link rod' has to be replaced and it takes a week.

a few weeks back there was a problem with my left suspension now its the right ..

Wonder if i made the correct choice to buy FIAT cars.

Im extremely dissapointed and very sad that my hard earned money is going a waste.

Now that it has happened. I inevitably had to drive about 100Km to and fro from work before i could get it checked.

My worry now is , has it already caused a lot of damage to any other parts?

The roads that i drove on were in very good condition with minor ditches here and there ..

I've decided not to use the car anymore till the parts are replaced. But is it ok that i've already driven that much and if i drive a bit more. coz i live in a remote area and the only mode of transport is my car.

(I live in bangalore, and the showroom i bought my car from was concorde motors, Mysore rd.)

Finally. I really feel like filing a case against FIAT india for their hopeless job .

Any Email ids that you guys know of , pls share it.. Im seriously contemplating writing a very detailed and a hard spoken mail.

Having said this, the reason im very sad is that its my first car and i still like my car very much just cant believe this is happening.

Please advice.

Thanks

Be patient, wait for FIAT to set things right. They are still a fledgling company when it comes to service. If possible get an extra year or two of extended warranty. But since FIAT parts are not readily available they will take their own sweet time. Probably, you can go to FIAT website and lodge a complaint there first, before you hire an attorney. Keep all mails and complaints filed for future reference.

It remains to be seen how the service and parts costs stack up visavis a Hyundai or Maruti once the honeymoon (waranty) period is over. It will probably be another Skoda when it comes to that. Now most Linea and Punto are in the honeymoon period.

Be patient' date=' wait for FIAT to set things right. They are still a fledgling company when it comes to service. If possible get an extra year or two of extended warranty. But since FIAT parts are not readily available they will take their own sweet time. Probably, you can go to FIAT website and lodge a complaint there first, before you hire an attorney. Keep all mails and complaints filed for future reference.

It remains to be seen how the service and parts costs stack up visavis a Hyundai or Maruti once the honeymoon (waranty) period is over. It will probably be another Skoda when it comes to that. Now most Linea and Punto are in the honeymoon period. [/quote']

You just need a hint of problem from Fiat car owners to bash Fiat, I think your sole purpose here is that, you must be looking for these kind of reports, not finding one in a day must be very disapointing for you that day.

For this reason alone I have stopped visiting this forum, You are a hyundai man.

@ Cartoos

I still remember your previous post to DD regarding Fiat

"Dear DD, its like this, any body is down has all the chance of going up but who is up to the ladder has all the chance that is being pull down. Therefore if Fiat is trying their best, please applaud for that. "

Although he could be a Hyundai man, he is just posting his views. There is nothing wrong in posting one's view on a forum like this and this kind of views should never shatter your views to be put on this forum.

Honestly speaking, amongst Auto Enthus, there will be more Fiat/ Ford lovers than haters.

Hope to get lots of good views on Fiat as we need some guys like you, sachin..etc to motivate newbies to buy Fiats.

Let me clarify here that ,this is not just one problem for which im visiting the forum for help.

Since you've asked for it. here it goes.

1. I had a left suspension problem for which they took 2months to repair

2. From the day I bought my car, the seat belt clamp is dead.

Still not repaired even after repeated complaints

3. The paint job is as shabby as you want to imagine.

(I have a glob of paint on the bonet , very very clearly visible. and still not rectified)

4. Currently dealing with the right suspension issue that they say will be handled in under a week.

Now tell me if im just cribbing for 1 problem or the way the brand is handled in India is?

The point is very simple.. when world class brands enter and think India in terms of pure number of cars sold rather than worrying about the quality of work to be extended this is what happens.

And finally i would not have mulled over this fact had the FIAT guys provided proper A.S.S

I understand that this can happen anywhere. But the response has to be swift.

It's really disheartening to see such great products of engineering falling like pieces in no time.

The number of complaints as also their magnitude is enough to put a big question on the Italian standards.

Apart from that, biggest disappointing factor is the response time from the maker.. at-least Fiat should have reacted to such situations immediately...

It is pathetic on Fiat's part that they are not able to resolve the issues in such a long time.