Comfortdriver

Suzuki SX4 SUV in India ?

Hi,

I found this photograph on CNN.COM and wanted to check if Maruti plans to release the SX4 SUV in India. I feel that this avatar of the SX4 looks better than the sedan released in India and could do well if they provided it with a diesel engine and with automatic transmission.

2007_suzuki_sx4.jpg

Thanks

Its bigger than hatch but its not a SUV for sure...

it's designed like a mini SUV but it's bigger than a hatchback. and it has an intelligent all wheel drive system too. i'm disappointed it's not going to make it here..

I was actually suprised to see the SX4 as a sedan because this 4WD hatch was a familiar sight on the road.  If they are going to offer it here in India, I tell ya Maruti, I'm game for it! smiley20.gif 

Jitz

I am very much sure that Maruti shall utilise the SX4 platform and see many options it... as it has already made inroads as a Brand! Therefore it is a good idea for them to develop other classes of vehicles using the SX4. And i m sure this model shall come up by early 2009. Which shall mostly likely compete wid the likes of the FORD FUSION... and if they are price it right and wid the right engine options (petrol and diesel) then we have a WINNER HERE GUYZ!!

Hi' date='

I found this photograph on CNN.COM and wanted to check if Maruti plans to release the SX4 SUV in India. I feel that this avatar of the SX4 looks better than the sedan released in India and could do well if they provided it with a diesel engine and with automatic transmission.

2007_suzuki_sx4.jpg

Thanks
[/quote']

LMAO!

Thats not an SUV!

It was released first than its sedan version its a crossover looks good but how many will buy it in India at 6-7.5lakhs price.

On second thoughts I think that I would not buy it as it is almost the size of the Honda CRV. I would definitely be in the market for a crossover with a maximum size of the Ford fusion, with automatic transmission. Primarily the B+ segment cars with good ground clearance, all wheel drive and automatic transmission with a price upto about 6 lakhs.

Dear Lineshah and Cyrus , how can you tell it is ugly , this is the SX4 Crossover and is sold in Europe  and US and is very good and how can you tell it is ugly , its juts like the Marina for indigo and Adventure for the Palio

Cheerssmiley20.gif

I think the design is quite sporty and more personal than the sedan version.  Having all-wheel-drive would certainly make it a very versatile vehicle.  I would even go for a front wheel drive version!

Jitz

i feel that, assembling sx4 crossover india wont cost maruti much... and they would be able to price it around 7lakhs for the 4x4 version.

then it wont affect swift sales or sx4 sedan sales.... and we enthusiats will be very happy.... maruti.. are you listening....? smiley1.gif

i feel that' date=' assembling sx4 crossover india wont cost maruti much... and they would be able to price it around 7lakhs for the 4x4 version.
then it wont affect swift sales or sx4 sedan sales.... and we enthusiats will be very happy.... maruti.. are you listening....? smiley1.gif [/quote']

7 lakhs with automatic transmission I would be a buyer, though I would prefer it to be slightly smaller given our roads.

i feel that' date=' assembling sx4 crossover india wont cost maruti much... and they would be able to price it around 7lakhs for the 4x4 version.
then it wont affect swift sales or sx4 sedan sales.... and we enthusiats will be very happy.... maruti.. are you listening....? smiley1.gif [/quote']

Dear oh me! if it comes to India they will price it around 8 or above for the 4WD and if they price it at 7 lacs then SX4 Sedan will affect its sales and dont expect maruti to be such a Dumb Oaf

Regards,

Priya

i feel that' date=' assembling sx4 crossover india wont cost maruti much... and they would be able to price it around 7lakhs for the 4x4 version. then it wont affect swift sales or sx4 sedan sales.... and we enthusiats will be very happy.... maruti.. are you listening....? smiley1.gif [/quote']

?

Dear oh me! if it comes to India they will price it around 8 or above for the 4WD and if they price it at 7 lacs then SX4 Sedan will affect its sales and dont expect maruti to be such a Dumb Oaf

?

Regards,

Priya

yeh... it is almost sure that, maruti wont launch sx4 crossover in india, india is not a mature market for such vehicles. but i still feel that, it wont affect sedan sales, because of lower fuel efficiency for 4x4 version. but sx4 crossover with 2.0 litre engine, and 4x4 (will cost around 9 lakhs) will be a real success..... but almost sure that, maruti wont do that. smiley11.gif

Maruti crossover ! Good heavens. Will it start falling apart the first time it is taken on rough roads? Even their cars start rattling after two to three years.

i feel that, there is no need to be sooooo... 'anti maruti'

they are pretty reliable and value for money. but rattles are common to almost all small cars(beacause they save the cost on plastics, and not on the drive train)