illusion.mental

Getz Prime

Yes you are making the right choice.... let me know which color.... red is good but there are many, black is good too...mine is a dark blue... let us know once yu get it and welcome to the club of Proud owners of Getz

Planning for deep maroon or dark blue...will finalize after looking closely at it. Probably I will buy it this year end. But still one of my question is left unanswerd by you guys. Though I am going for 1.3...I need to know exactly what is the issue related to performance in 1.1 version specially in top speed and highways. Does it starts dragging itself or you can figure out weird sounds from engine or the car feels to be exhausted etc etc...

Planning for deep maroon or dark blue...will finalize after looking closely at it. Probably I will buy it this year end. But still one of my question is left unanswerd by you guys. Though I am going for 1.3...I need to know exactly what is the issue related to performance in 1.1 version specially in top speed and highways. Does it starts dragging itself or you can figure out weird sounds from engine or the car feels to be exhausted etc etc...

Dude the 1.1 engine is the same on of Santro and of course there is no problem with it and its better and cheaper , there is no harm in going with the 1.1 GVS

Cheerssmiley20.gif

You guys making me more confused....then why there is so many rumors around that 1.1 is under powered etc etc...If its not the case then why to go for 1.3 overlooking 1.1 version. My main concern is for my long trips which could be around 5-6 hrs journey in highways atleast once a month. Is 1.1 capable of enduring this without any hindrance for 4-5 years??

You guys making me more confused....then why there is so many rumors around that 1.1 is under powered etc etc...If its not the case then why to go for 1.3 overlooking 1.1 version. My main concern is for my long trips which could be around 5-6 hrs journey in highways atleast once a month. Is 1.1 capable of enduring this without any hindrance for 4-5 years??

See for the 1.1 is good for city drive and you may feel slightly underpowered in the highways as it uses the same engine used in the santro that is 1.1 , but 1.3 L engine will cost you more! may be around 60k rs more than the 1.1 GVS but if you really want 1.3 L engine for almost the same price of Getz 1.1 why dont you look at the Swift VXi , it will cost you around 10k rs more than the Getz 1.1 GVS and it uses 1.3 L petrol engine  and also the winner of Indian car of the Year !

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Swift has a sweet engine, for long drives I would strongly recommend that. The only Getz I would recommend is the one with the Verna diesel and thats because of its fun factor with good power to weight ratio.

Swift no doubt has good value for money and is beating the roads these days but some reason or the other I don't want to go for it and I will stick to getz. This is for sure. Now im hanging b/w 1.1 and 1.3. This will be my first car and I don't want to repent later regarding my choice.

Swift no doubt has good value for money and is beating the roads these days but some reason or the other I don't want to go for it and I will stick to getz. This is for sure. Now im hanging b/w 1.1 and 1.3. This will be my first car and I don't want to repent later regarding my choice.

Dude , see - if you take a better 1.3 engine one you got to pay around above 5.2 lacs

And 1.1 is not that very great and is Just OK and you will have to pay around 4.7

And if you dont want to repent your decision i suggest you to go for the Better i10

Cheerssmiley20.gif

dude... between 1.1 and 1.3, 1.1 is no fun driving coz the power to weight ratio...this is the santro engine with some mods... 1.3 is defnly a performer.. i own it for 3 years and totally happy with its performance... trust me yu will repent when you are on highways on 1.1, even in the city on the other hand, 1.3 has decent pick, good stability and fun to drive... GO FOR IT

this is my suggestion

Dear Illusion.mental , i think i can make it simple for u ..........Getz 1.1 L was in my list as well so i did a lot of research on it .....i am in delhi and we have a lot many flyovers here......a Getz 1.1L with four people and AC find it quite difficult to climb a flyover same thing happens while overtaking many cars on a highway because it involves lot many gear changes.......overall its an underpower car which can be good for a city drive ,but not good for high ways.......

Though it has same 1.1 L engine of Santro with little improved power of 66.6 BHP (as compared to 63 Bhp of Santro) being it 200 kg heavier than Santro results into  a bad power to weight ratio .....

So if you are satisfied with the mileage figures of Getz 1.3 L then I think you should go for it .............Cheers smiley20.gif!!

One quick quetion on the 1.1. Vs 1.3 while I was looking out to buy a second hand Getz 1.3. The second hand dealer (who would be the best person to comment to resale value) said 1.3 will start loosing its resale value after the launch of 1.1, because Getz has always suffered from the issue of low mileage. 1.1 will give better mileage than 1.3. So don't go in for a 1.3 in second hand market, was his advice.

Thoughts?

Hi Sachin,

The Getz 1.3 is the one for you. The 1.1 can be used for the city and not for the highway, it may make overtaking tricky and may sound laboured on full load and may have problems in a ghat road. I'd never touch the 1.1 with a barge pool; it's too much of a compromise. I caters only to the Govt. regulation of <1.2ltr and 4 mtr and <. Otherwise it has no reason to exist, and no one would make such under powered cars such as Getz 1.1, Palio Stile1.1. But you won't be happy with the money saved 'cause many an autorickshaw and moped will overtake you, as you wheeze along.

hi there!

according to ACI roadtests 1.1 gives 9.3/14.6 kpl in city/highway respectively (May 2007 issue). 1.3 gives 10.4/14.5. WHY?? the 1.1 has to drag a heavier car and ACI term the 1.1 "barely enough".

I bought 1.3 last December. Done 14000 ks. Have done chandigarh - delhi couple of times, gr8 on highway n city. Nice, solid car (i had a M800 before). N experiance says you can get real neat deals this month. smiley2.gif )

Happy Motoring!!

hi there!

according to ACI roadtests 1.1 gives 9.3/14.6 kpl in city/highway respectively (May 2007 issue). 1.3 gives 10.4/14.5. WHY?? the 1.1 has to drag a heavier car and ACI term the 1.1 "barely enough".

I bought 1.3 last December. Done 14000 ks. Have done chandigarh - delhi couple of times' date=' gr8 on highway n city. Nice, solid car (i had a M800 before). N experiance says you can get real neat deals this month. smiley2.gif )

Happy Motoring!!

[/quote']

good thought .. sy2yp....

but i cant imagine, why the 1.1 returning lower milege.....

ok.. got it... sy2yp....

think that, they should have used a 1.1lit engine with a better lower end.. even though it will affect the top end performance...

i feel that, they should have brought a new 1.2 lit engine for getz, other than beefing up the santro engine.