Sign in to follow this  
amjustadreamer

Wet weather tyres for Passion Plus

The rear tyre of my Passion plus is losing its grip and slips while braking on wet roads. With rains having arrived in Mumbai  Im looking to put a good set of wet weather tyres on my bike. Need recommendation for which is the best wet weather tyre brand/model that I can get in India ?

Thanks..

How much mileage or years that tyre have clocked ??

If its above 30k kms or is more than 3-4 years Old, then definitely it Calls for Replacement.

Do replace it with Ceat's or MRF 3.00-18 sized tyre.

It would be much better if you replace it with MRF 100/90-R18 Zapper tyre.

It'll provide Infinite levels of Road Grip with little bit change in Straight-line Acceleration.

They have clocked 19k and are 4 years old stock Dunlops. Problem with them is they have a tendency to skid over the road markers and over any slight uneven surface. The treads are pretty much in place but the grip level is very dicey..why is this? because of hard compound?

I would love to put the Zappers..any idea how much do they cost?

Ceat Secura  sport 300-18 6PR is a very good tyre. Secura M86 is also good. Get quotes from a few shops to know the cheapest price.

Zappers are more inclined to better handling than better grip.

'4 year Old Dunlops' are the words enough calling for their replacement & also they've clocked 19k kms, definitely you've to Replace them with the same above choices:

MRF or Ceat 3.00-18 (costs almost Rs.1200) 

MRF Zapper also comes in this 3.00-18 size, but offers Not so good Grip levels, but the better one is the 100/90-R18 MRF Zapper & it offers fantastic levels of Grip too, all at 1300-1400 Rs.

There's a common view there that zappers don't give good grip on gravel/wet conditions..I'm confusedsmiley5.gif..

MRF website suggests zapper C for passion plus, wonder  how effective will that be as compared to the Y variant in wet conditions..help!

I have used all sorts of Zappers , tried TVS high end variant and now use the Ceat's costliest GRIPP tyres. The last is the best.

If you read my Passion's thread, you would know how I maintain my tyres. I change my tyres every 6 months. Brake shoes every month. I will badly abuse my tyres. So without a second thought, i would second Ceat GRIPP. Its cheaper than the cheapest Zapper, but the performance is way better. You should see its thread pattern to believe it. It would look like a rally tyre. It just cost you around 1000Rs

I noticed that the tyres were at 29psi front and 35psi rear, when the recommemded is 25psi-front and 32psi smiley7.gif ..I used to get it refilled at local tyrewallah. This time I filled the air myself at HP petrolpump when I realised this . The grip levels have increased to a good extent in wet with correct tyre pressure now.Really embarassed I am smiley9.gif