Sandy

Xylo Pickup

@creativebala

sir i would like to point out that punjab accounts for the sales of largest number of luxury cars in india and not of shoddy pickups mentioned above in the thread.

making comments such as u did is not really helping to further the cause of this forum or this thread.

u should refrain from such loose talk in the future.

Moderators please note..

I rather like the looks.Its looks way better than the Xylo to me!smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif He He,go one dude.

Look at the dashboard,rear pickup trailer etc all out of order.Look at the center vents in particular they are....... smiley7.gif

What bala actually meant was that punjab is a state of farmers and pik-ups are brought primarily by farmers abroad.

@ everybody here

we should not be so hard to him.

@ bala

please try to avoid controversial statements.

What bala actually meant was that punjab is a state of farmers and pik-ups are brought primarily by farmers abroad.@ everybody herewe should not be so hard to him.@ bala

please try to avoid controversial statements.

Yes,Bala was just saying that positively(that Punjab has a market for Trucks),why are all other guys taking negatively?He only meant about Trucks in Punjab and was not commenting anything about Punjab.

Our country is still to get used to luxury pickups. The pickup variants of the Scorpio and also the Tata (was it the Xenon ?) are not selling even in minuscule numbers.

The Bolero Pickup or Camper which are realistically priced as  beasts of burden sell too well on the other hand.By the body design it appears that this Xylo variant is also going to be a beast of burden. And with Mahindra's marketing may be it clicks!

anjan_c20072010-06-16 14:37:52

Not 207 it looks more like Tata 407 category product!! smiley36.gif

Relax guys, end of the day all our passports read Republic of India. Lets not get into Punjab, UP, Bihar, S. India talk.

Hey guys and docs, chill. We all know our dear Bala dont we?

He would never mean something deregatory.

He is defenitely one of the finest ACIans.

I'm in love with the Xylo pickup.

It would love wearing a gorilla costume, and going in a black one in front of the Vidhan soudha!!!.smiley8.gif

Our country is still to get used to luxury pickups. The pickup variants of the Scorpio and also the Tata (was it the Xenon ?) are not selling even in minuscule numbers.The Bolero Pickup or Camper which are realistically priced as? beasts of burden sell too well on the other hand.By the body design it appears that this Xylo variant is also going to be a beast of burden. And with Mahindra's marketing may be it clicks!

I completely agree ! With minimalistic design and rugged looking body, XYLO will surely click!

Yes' date='Bala was just saying that positively(that Punjab has a market for Trucks),why are all other guys taking negatively?[/quote'] <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

There are a lot of Industries in Ludhiana' date=' [/quote']

Yes, Punjab is the Market for Trucks, but which are Beast on Road -like Safari, Endys, Scorpios, Fortuner, etc with Safari being alone the Best Seller in the City Ludhiana than rest of the Country & Tata awarded their Ludhiana dealer for that achievement.

One of the Highly acclaimed Weekly magazine claims that Ludhiana is having Maximum number of Mercs across the country.

My dear friends, Proper Trucks are used by the Transporters only & Bolero Camper & 207-like so called Medium Trucks are used only by Medium Scale Industrialists only for their Inter-City materials Transport & their Proportion in Punjab isn't too high, for which it has to be called its 'Niche Market'.

As seen alot more of them in Other States than that of Punjab & don't wanna specify them here(w.r.t Kinshuk's statements). 

What bala actually meant was that punjab is a state of farmers and pik-ups are brought primarily by farmers abroad.

No one farmer use trucks to supply their Field's yield, they use Tractor-trolley for that purpose & that's only from their Field to Grain Market's commute.

No One Farmer believes in buying Pick-Up today. He believes in Show-Off & making Style Statement & I think you guys forgot One Punjabi Farmer who bought '0001' Registration number at Rs.10 lacs for his Toyota Fortuner costing Rs.20 lakh.

I

Hey my dear friends, Where is this thread going?

I put that in an extremely positve term. I know Punjabian spent a lot, especially when it come to lifestlye product/ showing off products. I know, M&M won't let XYLO's image to Camper/ 207 level. It will be a sort of lifestyle product.

Isn't this a compliment, I have read a lot about good sales of Getaway/ Xenons in Punjab. I hardly see the above 2 cars in my City. One of my friend has a Getaway, other than that, I am yet to see another in Chennai.

But this won't be the case in PB, am I wrong,

"They are rich and they are risk taking, both of which are their PRIDE, so They Try New products" I have even heard of some vehicles or variants tailor made for PB.

If at all my post created any sorts of hurt to anybody's sentiment, My Apologies.

Actually I never wanted to hurt any one/ any community. But I still believe PB is where Niche Market is. So a good( read big) market for Merc/ Beamer/ Audi/ Jag , Xenon/Getaway, may be upcoming Xylo truck or Mitsu EVo is Punjab. Period.

Plz don't take my post in a wrong sense, because nothing out there is wrong, may be my english is. Sorry for that.

it is one of the ugliest piece of crap i have ever seen.
just like an overgrown Gio(or is it geo?)

M&M can do well with this looks. They are Reliable & Practicle, which are  the keyword one would expect.

A double cab on this platform would do more justice to the sales. Think about this proposition, a double cab @ around 6L would pave way for more Happy Holidayings

@Dr Nishu

You said that only medium scale industries use Pickup Trucks, it is not true. Even large scale industries use Pickup Trucks to pickup their goods from their sub contractors. As Ludhiana is an Industrial city it is a good market for Zylo Pickup. 

NAREN642010-06-17 14:56:50

i totally second drnishu's views..she aptly pointed the state of affairs in punjab..whether we use pickups or luxury marques over here

@NAREN64

u r from coimbatore!!have u ever been to punjab or for the matter of fact to ludhiana??

if u have been here as i have..u would think twice before saying what u are saying..its a city where owning a merc or beemer is no big deal at all..industries use trucks in punjab not pickups..

and if i may its spelled xylo and not zylo

i totally second drnishu's views..she aptly pointed the state of affairs in punjab..whether we use pickups or luxury marques over here

I hope you meant HE.

and if i may its spelled xylo and not zylo

Agreed, such mistakes do happen.

No offence mate,But please note that punctuation is also necessary, and is one of the binding rules of the forum.