Sachin123

new car for my sister

my sister is looking for a new car in the range of 5 lakh. she is married and has a baby.

initially liked the waganr duo but now the lpg option is not available.

i suggested the ritz vdi but everyone likes the swift vdi which is 50000 expensive than the ritz vdi

i 10 is a good option but we prefer to have a car which can be used for long 500kms drive in the weekends, so diesel of lpg is preferred

i also strongly recommended the figo but they want a reliable brand name like the maurti or hyundai

gurus please suggest

is ritz the best option or swift or wait for the new swift

also please let know if any other new car is coming

IMO, Ritz VDi is the better option for your sister Sachin, as she'll definitely feel comfortable in it, aided by its Tall-Boy design, High & Comfortable Seating, Easy to Drive nature with Frugal Engine.

For girls, Swift is not that much comfortable to drive as compared to Ritz. 

There was news recently that CNG versions of Ritz, Wagon R and Estilo are expected shortly. That would be a perfect option.

But considering that 500 km drives on weekends would require boot space, I will say go for Ritz/Swift VDI.

A new bigger Swift will be here in a year, while Ritz is just a year old. Ritz is what I would recommend.

Go for Ritz VDi ABS. 20k extra for the ABS is worth it and could be very useful during the highway drives.

I am owning a Ritz VDi ABS and felt the boot space to be sufficient for weekend trips with 5 passengers and their luggage. Try stacking the bags vertically and there will be sufficient space for all the luggage.

AC17.JPG

AC18.JPG

carispassion2010-06-16 03:17:09

Go for figo diesel.

It is simply more practical of the lot.

The car has more space,a proved and reliable diesel engine with enough power and grunt to take on the highway drives,SAFER with all the equipment like airbags and ABS/EBD, has a fantastic AC and the list of features is so long that ritz would come no-nearer.

Have a TD and decide...or just read the ownership reviews of the large number of figo owners...

Figo D if you live in City or atleast have a service station in near proximity.

Ritz D, for a overall package and if the above point fails

2011 Swift, If you can wait another 6 months atleast. You will never regret later for this decision.

Ritz D' date=' for a overall package and if the above point fails
[/quote']

Or Vice-versa Bala !

Figo has better Ride Quality & Stability on Highways,

while the Ritz is better in City & is having Better, Comfortable & Tall-Commanding Driving position & is suitable for Speeds upto 80kmph.

During Highway driving, above 100kmph its ride is very Bumpy & Tricky to Handle.

(Please correct me If I'm wrong, carispassion)

So, sachin please decide between them as per your City-Highway Driving proportion.
dr_nishu2010-06-16 19:58:29

Hit my head with a hammer, how come I forgot the upcoming Micra.

If its going to be car for ladies, I would strongly suggest the Micra.

Our friend Nishu has confirmed somewhere that CRDI micra will be out by Sep'10, so its just 2 months.

PS- One more hidden truth, Micra is going to be the Peppiest Diesel hatch in our market. 1.5L Diesel in a car lighter than Swift.

@Nishu, I suggest him a Figo, if he resides in a city mainly because we hardly find any Ford AfSS in outskirts.
creativebala2010-06-16 20:30:30

@bala,

I've also got the thought of that but Since sachin above is scared of AfSS of Car companies other than Maruti & Hyundai, so kept all of the rest out, No matters how Reliable a VW, Nissan or Fords are !!

IMO, Only Tata products needs Service centre on the track where they goes, also seems to be following them is the Fiat too..

Actually Reliability is one term associated with Japanese in our market.

So normal guy won't think too much about Reliability when it comes to a Japanese car, be it Maruti/ Honda/ Toyota/ Mitsubushi.

When it comes out of the Rising star's land, Indian's second option is Hyundai.

So I don't think maintaining a Nissan will be difficult.

@Nissan users abroad can throw more light on this.

Ritz D' date=' for a overall package and if the above point fails
[/quote']

Or Vice-versa Bala !

Figo has better Ride Quality & Stability on Highways,

while the Ritz is better in City & is having Better, Comfortable & Tall-Commanding Driving position & is suitable for Speeds upto 80kmph.

During Highway driving, above 100kmph its ride is very Bumpy & Tricky to Handle.

(Please correct me If I'm wrong, carispassion)

So, sachin please decide between them as per your City-Highway Driving proportion.

Hello Nishu,

I did not feel the highway stability of Ritz to be so poor. Even if it is a tall boy, the its dynamic abilities are fine since it shares the platform with Swift (shorter wheel base.)

I have reached upto 155kmph in highways. I have even tried highway curves (Not 90 degree turns!) at 120kmph. It felt pretty stable and safe. There is a bit more body roll than Swift; apart from that the car is pretty stable at all speeds. I have even got my tail out(very thrilling, but you should know how to catch it back!) at corners like a swift will do.smiley17.gif

And I can say, the above points may not be very important since the driver is going to be a lady.

One thing I can tell you: After test driving many cars in the same segment, the Ritz is very easy to drive; le t it be in Highway or in City traffic!

Test drive both the cars and decide.

Recently I have came across a survey conducted by some of the reputed news papaers (I think it was times of India; do not remeber correctly). The spare parts price of Figo very almost 40% higher than than that of a Maruti!

@carispassion,

I think you've taken that Issue seriously.

I've quoted above the Relative difference between the Ritz VDi, Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium, which I've noticed after TDing them all back to back few weeks ago.

Also TDen at that time was VW Polo 1.2 Highline also.

Also Ford India have Introduced 'Child parts Strategy' for to reduce Figo's Spare Parts Repair/Replacement costs & It seems to be Quite Impressive too.