PREDATOR

GM Cars - dont buy it!!!

I have completed 1300 km with my chevy beat but till now there is no pickup in the car . If 4 people sit in the car it becomes a dump even a autorikshaw is having a far better pickup then my car . Even if     There is only me in the car still the car takes too much time to reach 40 .i think i have done my lifrs biggest mistake by buying this car . I have also told this problem to the company but they are saying that the car pickup will become normal agter 5000 km i said to them how is it possible ??? I have also purchased other vehicles but they hadn't show this type of problem . I am advising you all not to buy chevrolet beat because till now my experience is very bad , but dont know about the future.

I have completed 1300 km with my chevy beat but till now there is no pickup in the car . If 4 people sit in the car it becomes a dump even a autorikshaw is having a far better pickup then my car . Even if     There is only me in the car still the car takes too much time to reach 40 .i think i have done my lifrs biggest mistake by buying this car . I have also told this problem to the company but they are saying that the car pickup will become normal agter 5000 km i said to them how is it possible ??? I have also purchased other vehicles but they hadn't show this type of problem . I am advising you all not to buy chevrolet beat because till now my experience is very bad ' date=' but dont know about the future. [/quote']

Yes,the car's pick-up is horrible in 2nd gear,rest of the car is very fine.But 2nd gear is tooo underpowered.I too have a Beat,face the same problem.But not as much as you face,i think.Please,can you explain in detail ?

I feel sorry for both of you esp. Predator.

what is the use of 3 year warranty if the Af.S.S. dept. is not even able to find the faultt, leave alone rectify it.

Or do they say it is normal?

And the 5000 km run-in period is the longest i have ever heard of.

My bike started showing its true colours in the run-in period and it did not improve by even 1% after that.

hope the problem is rectified in your case though.

.I too have a Beat' date='face the same problem.But not as much as you face,i think.Please,can you explain in detail ? [/quote']

You also have a beat ? smiley1.gif. Thats good. Want to see some pics of it too.

@Predator :

Is the problem sudden ? or you have been facing it since you have bought it ?. Did you TD the car before buying it ? If yes, was the TD car same as yours ? How are the pick-up in other gears ?

I would advice you to go for a early service. Change engine oil(and use a good one) and check certain things like injectors, spark plugs, and drive belt for any problems. Sometimes foreign materials cause problem even to a new car. If all the gears feel sluggish then the car requires immediate check-up.

the k&n will void the warranty.

If they say it is normal, then well, you cant do anything with it.

try to show it to another service center.

Also seek the advice of an independent mechanic.

God bless you and your car.

I agree Beat seems sluggish even the i10 with same power feels better . The 2nd gear is the worst . Pin in the acclerator and nothing were the hell is the power.

Anyways get the transmission oil and engine oil changed asap.

Sad to hear about your problem...

Even my figo is a little sluggish picking up from 2nd gear with AC on, but not to an extent which can discomfort me.

May be you could go to the dealer and again have a TD back-to-back with your car and the dealer's TD vehicle.

This way you would be able to make out the apparent difference between the two..

Yes i have test drive the car and i think it was different thats why i have purchased this one and from the time i have purched the car it is having the same pickup and due to this i have shown the car to the service centre and the executive sais that he has done the programming in the car , for 1 day the car ran very well but after it it was back on its track.

Before writing any letter to the company, do a complete check up of the car and get a full service done. If problem persists then you may go ahead to the company. As you said that the car was fine when new, I can assume that this is some problem that the car has developed.

Check:

1. Belts

2. Spark plugs gap adjustment and clean

3. Air filter and the inlet pipe

4. injectors

5. transmission oil

6. engine oil

7. fuel filter.

As DD pointed out, even bad fuel can be the culprit. Do empty your fuel tank and then fill it with good quality fuel from any different pump and see if there is a difference.

As DD pointed out' date=' even bad fuel can be the culprit. Do empty your fuel tank and then fill it with good quality fuel from any different pump and see if there is a difference.
[/quote']

If possible, try Shell petrol, I find their's is very refined. They are worth the extra price we pay.

I have shown the car to the service centre and the executive sais that he has done the programming in the car ' date=' for 1 day the car ran very well but after it it was back on its track.[/quote']

Since after the reprogramming the car ran very well for 1 day and then was back on track, I primarily feel the behavior of the car is due to a Faulty ICU Chip

I feel the chip is not taking the commands given to it, and is behaving on its own.

Do get it checked.

I think you should get the ECM checked and may be even pressure the dealer to bring in engineer from Chevy for replacement for it, I had seen a new Ritz VDi having almost same kind of problem and the ECM change diagnosed it . 

Today gone to regent automobiles okhla and shown this problem to the advisor and he said he has released a pipe but at the time of test drive it was all same .had a great argument with them because they had done nothing and they said that all the beats are same . I saidto reprogramme the ecu buy didn't do it . I think buying a chevrolet car is my biggest mistake of my life

Today gone to regent automobiles okhla and shown this problem to the advisor and he said he has released a pipe but at the time of test drive it was all same .had a great argument with them because they had done nothing and they said that all the beats are same . I saidto reprogramme the ecu buy didn't do it . I think buying a chevrolet car is my biggest mistake of my life

Feel there is a genuine problem specifically with your car. The NCR after all has many GM dealers and I think these days one can take his automobile to any dealer in India for warranty check ups.

Please try another dealer who may sort out your problem.

If you afford' date=' ofcourse you cant buy it!

We are doing extremly well and registering a 42% sales increase this month.

Begger Cant be choosers.[/quote']

?

Note from Mod: @ SKODA JMD Before proceeding any further with posting, its strongly advised that you go through the Forum Rules & Regulations section. Create a post with caution, preview, correct, then post.

Personal attacks on fellow members, attempts to advertise are against Forum policies.
CYRUS432010-06-17 19:11:51