PREDATOR

GM Cars - dont buy it!!!

@ PREDATOR,

Which car are you having earlier to this Beat ??

I've also TD-en Beat but haven't noticed this problem to so much worst level.

I think the Chevrolet have Intentionally made 2nd Gear taller for the FE & Easy City Commute at Nominal Speeds.

Today talked to a person who had just purchased his beat at a petrol pump . He told me that he was also having the same problem of pickup in his car and was abusing the company for making such a bad car after knowing my experiene . I am not able to understand why GM is not able to understand this problem and solve it because customer is not a fool , if company cheats him he will never trust the brand .PREDATOR2010-06-21 19:41:11

Nope there is no reply, but i had visited autovikas from where i had purchased my car .the manager himself drived the car . He was taking the car in 1st gear to 3500 rpm and then changing the gear to 2nd , then i ask him thats the way you always drive every car and he said yes , he thinks we all are fool . But after some argumentation with him he told me to visit their workshop in moti nagar and get it checked . When i reached there the machenic had done some settings with the accerelation of the car and at that time when time the pickup become from worst to only average but after some time it become same as before .PREDATOR2010-06-22 08:37:31

I think it screams of ICU damage.

If the company doesnt help you, then God help you because you cant buy an ICU of the shelf.

The only thing you can do is go the Consumer forum.

Case guaranteed to be disposed within 6 months.

I think it screams of ICU damage.

If the company doesnt help you' date=' then God help you because you cant buy an ICU of the shelf.

The only thing you can do is go the Consumer forum.

Case guaranteed to be disposed within 6 months.[/quote']

There is no such think as ICU in cars. Cars have ECU, Hospitals have ICU.

Did you not test drive the vehicle before buying? If you didn't, then you can't blame the company. But if you did and your car isn't behaving normally, then you should take it up with the regional office.

I had driven the Beat and didn't face any such problems specifically. Maybe you short shifted to 2nd gear (in 10-15km/h probably?) and floored it. I found its performance to be responsive and good even before it was run in. I drove it with three onboard and the vehicle is quick enough to beat most hatchbacks and the third gear especially works well.

Just few minutes back I came across the ACI's Beat special supplement, which was free with the ACI June 2010 Issue & seen there Beat's In-Gear Acceleration/Performance figures, these are as,

Kph                2nd Gear(in secs)   3rd           4th           5th

10-30                    4.01s                    -               -              -

20-40                    3.38                   5.80           -              -

30-50                    3.19                   5.34         7.68          -

40-60                    3.13                   5.07         7.07        10.41

50-70                    3.36                   5.12         7.09        10.51 

60-80                      -                       5.13         7.54        10.42

70-90                      -                       5.20         7.77        11.05

And on Interpreting these figure, it can be concluded that Beat'll show Slowest or Poor 2nd Gear Response if you Upshift her from 1st to 2nd Gear from the Speeds of 10-20kmph.

& Will show Fastest & Best Acceleration speeds if you Upshift her to the 2nd Gear at Speeds of 40 or 30kmph.

Overall, It means that you've to Rev-her more in 1st gear, while shifting to the 2nd one, to get the Linear Surge of the Power, as demonstrated to you by Chevrolet's Manager.

So PREDATOR, do try to tally these In-Gear performance figures with your Beat, you'll definitely come to some Conclusion by yourself that your Car is Actually Normal or not !!

Overall, Beat shows this type of behaviour just because It Engine makes Appropriate Power & Torque at Mid & High Rpm range & for FE stakes & smooth city commute its Gearing is also kept Tall, so due to these It shows Rev-hungry behaviour.

Even I own a Chevrolet Beat and I don't face any such problems.

Shift to second gear at about 1500- 2000 rpm and you wont face lack of power.

But  there is some power lag when A.C. is on.

Note from Mod: Use capital letters where required.
BornFree2010-06-23 05:28:04

AC does take a toll on the performance of any car (other than ones over 80bhp) and the Beat is no exception but personally, as drnishu pointed out, you cant rev the nuts off in first gear and then shift to second. Realistically, try to shift around 20km/h and check, otherwise your Beat will return lower fuel economy

Rev it upto 2000 rpm in the first gear predator.

That's more than enough. Then tell us the response of your Chevy.

And also then tell the entire forun the pathetic Fuel Efficiency you get after following the above advice.

when my a/c is on the car Pickup becomes worst in second gear .

These things are pretty common to Spark also, need to rev hard in I gear if you wanna get some good pick up. With AC, forget in-gear acceleration in many gears.

But in the spark, if you extract some what good speed in I gear, II gear picks up so smoothly, I really love its II gear.