PREDATOR

GM Cars - dont buy it!!!

Rev it upto 2000 rpm in the first gear predator.

That's more than enough. Then tell us the response of your Chevy.

And also then tell the entire forun the pathetic Fuel Efficiency you get after following the above advice.

am getting an overall FE of about 18 ..winner...smiley1.gif

@ PREDATOR

Another advice i can give you is change the gearbox of your car with that of some other car.

Although this will void the warranty, but it looks like you have no other choice.

@ PREDATOR
Another advice i can give you is change the gearbox of your car with that of some other car.
Although this will void the warranty' date=' but it looks like you have no other choice.[/quote']

That is not a Good Idea & Solution to predator's problems.

1stly, Its very difficult to found any Tailor-made & suited Gearbox for the Beat with Gear-Ratios matching to the Engine's Characterstics.

2ndly, If its Installed, then there will be no Guarantee of his Beat's lifespan, durability & reliabilty all leading to Full fledged wastage of Predator's hard-earned money to the Drain.

P.S: Its not the Problem of Gearbox, its the Engine's characterstics(Power & Torque) which is creating the whole Menace here, Read its Power & Torque figures in its Brochure, these are:

Power- 79PS@ 6200 Rpm &

Torque- 110Nm@ 4400 Rpm.

So, due to these Light footed driving will not yield good results in the Beat, at least Initially, However they'll definitely Improve after 4500-5000kms.

So PREDATOR, Rather than getting Panic, please contact with the Chevrolet AfSS Once again, if they diagnose some problem out of it then its Ok, otherwise wait & drive your Beat for 4500-5000kms, then Act as per situation then.

What do you feel ccraze ??     

Yesterday got a call from regent automobiles 2 times and he was saying that he will see into the matter and solve the problem as

early as possible and he has given me today's time .

Rev it upto 2000 rpm in the first gear predator.

That's more than enough. Then tell us the response of your Chevy.

And also then tell the entire forun the pathetic Fuel Efficiency you get after following the above advice.

Are you guys kidding! Since when did 2000 rpm become high revs/ cause for low FE!

2000-2500 rpm is a bare minimum to extract any performance from a petrol engine. Or do you drive around at idle ?

Are you guys kidding! Since when did 2000 rpm become high revs/ cause for low FE!

2000-2500 rpm is a bare minimum to extract any performance from a petrol engine. Or do you drive around at idle ?

I may add that in a Turbo-diesel 2500rpm is about where the turbo really starts working.

first , that person put out my battery for 20 min Then he attached a laptop with my ECU and was regularly

getting instructions from somebody on his phone , then he downloaded a new software from the internet and install it in my car , and he told me that this is a new software which GM has created so that the problem can be solved and he told me that that he is doing this thing first time and this whole process had taken 2 hours .

then he downloaded a new software from the internet and install it in my car ' date=' and he told me that this is a new software which GM has created so that the problem can be solved and he told me that that he is doing this thing first time . [/quote']

So, that's a Good news for Beat lovers & seekers n Congrats for it to you.

Please post your Beat's pics & Your more Ownership experiences with your Beat with new Version ECU settings. smiley20.gif

@PREDATOR

Installing a new software from the Internet !!! Did the company you mentioned get an authorisation letter from GM regarding the same. Also did you check the warranty clause. Is the new software a GM Authorised software. Please check all these things, tommorow if the ECU fails because of this software then it would be a problem for you.

Ideally, changing the software in the ICU takes about 30 minutes.

So I am not sure, what he was doing for the other 1 hour 30 minutes.

I hope he has done the right thing.

Since he said, he was doing it for the first time, i am scared, VERY scared.

Never go for remapping with something thats available off the net and not tested. Companies spend good lot of time to map the ECU, so meddling with that outside dealerships will void warranty. Why meddle with something that's been arrived at after many thousands of kms of testing on a mule.

But, what is the problem if Chevrolet is doing it ? As Predator said " company installed it" , so it should not void warranty or should not be troublesome.

Although sometimes Service Center people just say anything to make you happy. May be that he installed the same ECU program and told you that it is new just to make you satisfied.

Hey friends i got it done through GM authorised service centre and when i asked him about the software he sais its a new software that GM has launched this week and yesterday i received a call from autovikas from where i had purchased my car he told me the same thing that GM has launched a new software to rid off the pickup problem .Any beat owner who is having the pickup problem can call to their nearer service centre.PREDATOR2010-06-30 14:27:26

Although this will void the warranty, but it looks like you have no other choice.  average plz see it

altough it n1.

Stay away from all GM Cars.

We are a large extended family and needed to replace 2 cars in 2004 and one in 2005.

We ended up buying 2 1.6 Optra's 2004 models and a 1.6 top end Aveo 2005 model.

While the Optra's seemed decent enough in the beginning - We immediately know the Aveo was a horrible, horrible car with horrible suspension, a crappy gearbox and to top it all it turned out to be a guzzler.

The Optra's seemed fine for a while till we hit the 60,000 Mileage mark - things steadily went downhill since then - first some godforsaken chip had to be replaced in both optra's costing us a bomb - then a hugely expensive service - then the A/C's packed up - then on one Optra the Fuel pump or something failed - that had to be changed for nearly 20,000 Rs - since they crossed 60,000 both cars have experienced serious mechanical failure and some part or the other fails - brake lights, headlamps.

We have now sold both the Optra's for next to nothing - as they have no resale value while i will get rid of the Aveo soon too.

We also have a Innova - going strong at 1.3 Lacs KM with no problems at all and a Honda City which has done 80,000 hassle free Km's.

The GM dealership in town recently approached us for the CRUZE - HAHA - STAY AWAY FROM GM people - their cars might look good and be feature packed but they are of useless quality. Now i know why they went Bankrupt in the US and should have collapsed if the US Govt hadnt bailed them out.

Stick to JAPANESE and GERMAN engineered cars if you truly want a hassle free ownership. We have now bought a Fortuner and an Altis and both cars are superb...