kumaraneks

help selecting i20,polo,punto,figo,fabia

hai..

i need a car for myself. i usually drive in the highways about 50kms a day.

it should be diesel..

i use this car for my college so i need it to be good at looks.

i need good speed and performance.good at pickup and driving comforts, latest in technology.

and im particular in having good brakes(abs) and airbags..

because i recently had an accident in my swift vdi

if u have any other suggestions other than (i20,polo,punto,figo,fabia) do give those...

thank you for your valuble help...smiley1.gif

i20 crdi is the one to choose of the lot.

reasons:

1. speed and performance (as you pointed out)

2. good brakes, ABS, 5 star Euro NCAP ratings, airbags

3. diesel and fuel efficient

4. looks good and comfort

5. 6-speed transmission

6. Brilliant ASS

Why not figo :

1. build quality is a bit down

2. bumper problem (bumper radiator gap is too less, rear bumpers are not good)

3. less powerful

4. lacks a lot of important features.

Why not punto :

1. Poor After sales service

Why not fabia :

1. Poor after sales service

2. not too fuel efficient as a diesel

Why not polo :

1. Skoda's After sales service is poor.

2. less powerful

To sum up :

1. If you like the i20 crdi , go for it. The next option should be the Polo, as it looks the most stylish and build quality is superb. Punto is the last good option.

sb-alto2010-06-17 07:27:56

I would squarely suggest you a Punto Attractive, Baring its AfSS, it will have no other problem.

+ for Punto:

Looks

Speed & Performance

Proven MJD

Improving AfSS

Handling & Suspension (A mandatory for Highway travel, which i20 misses)

Excellent Braking

Got all bells 'n whistles

Yet should be cheaper than i20 by a lakh

- for Punto:

Average Interiors

Improving AfSS

Parts won't be readily available

So be prepared to buy one, expected to be out in 15 days. Choose the One in Red, and you will drive a Red Hot Babe.

creativebala2010-06-17 07:44:45

I would squarely suggest you a Punto Attractive' date=' Baring its AfSS, it will have no other problem.

Improving AfSS

Handling & Suspension (A mandatory for Highway travel, which i20 misses)

[/quote']

We already have a member facing serious problem with both front suspension in a punto. Till now no i20 owner has complained about faulty suspension.

ASS is improving but no way cheaper or as prompt as that of Hyundai

Now, cheaper by lakh is the best reason to go for a punto.

I almost agree with SB's suggestions.

i20 makes the most sense out of the lot. But it is also by far the most expensive one in the cars that you have mentioned.

Second suggestion would have to be Polo followed by Figo(all around solid car). I would not recommend Punto simply because of small quality niggles and poor ASS.

NO brainer , i20 clearly ticks all your requirement. Since you had owned a swift already all other cars except i20 will feel sluggish. Punto sports was suppose to hit the market but no news yet

I would squarely suggest you a Punto Attractive

Now' date=' cheaper by lakh is the best reason to go for a punto.

[/quote']

The price difference between the current top variants of both the stated cars is 50000 not a lakh. Punto Attractive will definitely narrow down that gap.

I would suggest that you buy the car whose service is available to you. I dont know which companies dealerships/ authorized service are there, but would squarely suggest to go for one that is in your town. That rules out the Polo.

Figo is in a different class than others. It has price difference of almost 2 lakhs than any other here. Buy it only if you cant spend that much extra.

Another car that comes to mind is Indica Vista Aura+. It also has everything you need and is in the same price range as Figo.

If you can spend more, then there is not a better diesel hatch available in the country, than i20 1.4 Asta.

Looks like the i20 crdi suits you the most but a caution in buying the i20 is that it is not small and cannot fit in narrow gap were a hatchback usually can in traffic ,it needs to be treated as a big car IMHO (I own it).

My next choice will be the Figo because it has less turbo lag and has the smart looks , Punto doesn't has the quality deserved by the car costing 7.2lakhs on road Mumbai IMHO .

i20 is a good option to consider here.

But why not figo?

It's most practical of the lot.

1.) It has all the safety features which i20 boasts of.

2.) The AC is far more efficient than i20,(multiple users are facing problems of low cooling). read threads on team bhp regarding this.

3.) It comes at a price cheaper by about 2lakhs.

So, a great saving indeed...!!

But why not figo?

So' date=' a great saving indeed...!![/quote']

@rahulgupta :

His criteria is "speed and performance" and "safety".

Figo is not as well built as i20. Ford cars are generally well built but Figo is an exception. Shaking, vibrations and early rattles has been reported.

Figo has got a bumper problem. The bumper is weak(both front and rear) and in multiple cases the radiator broke or fell down even in case of mild collision.

Figo diesel is value for money but that comfort and ride quality is not as great as i20, handling is better though.

As far as safety is concerned i20 has been rated better in terms of safety. Not just brakes and ABS, even the body shell is better equipped for impact distribution as per NCAP ratings. So we can be sure that this car is safer and better.

You are correct about the value for money issue. If someone wants a diesel in a tight budget, Figo is the perfect car to go for.

@ kumaraneks

The choice is quite simple

If you want 6 airbags and a car for show off go for i20

If 2 airbags would do, go for figo.

BTW Figo has a better diesel engine and i20 a better transmission, so that evens things out.

Punto, i feel is overpriced and not as good as i20.

And well, lets leave the fabia alone.

Polo, well is cramped for its price and the Af.S.S. is till a suspect.

Why not polo :

1. Skoda's After sales service is poor.

2. less powerful

I think the 1st 1. in Bold is a Mistake !! Skoda instead of VW.

2. Polo TDi performance is not that much Slow man. Instead its almost

on par with the Swift/Ritz diesels & better than Figo & Punto.

A previous Swift Owner/driver will not feel any power deficiency in her.

My recommendation is for VW Polo 1.2 TDi Comfortline or Highline

versions' date=' due to Its Overall Satisfying Performance, Good Interiors,

Handling, Product Finishing & Build Quality(can last more than 10+

years) & Fuel Efficiency.

In Short, All better than the i20 except for slightly better Powered engine.

Despite of Hyundai i20 having an 5*- NCAP Ratings, Polo seems to be

better built & feels much Safer than i20, which feels Bulbulous

& flabby.

Another car that comes to mind is Indica Vista Aura+.

If you can spend more, then there is not a better diesel hatch available in the country, than i20 1.4 Asta.

It loses heavily on Quality & Reliability fronts & Since

he's a previous Swift Owner -So will feel demoted/degraded by it.

And also he's an College going guy, Tata brand will not satisfy his Style Quotients, except Tata Safari only.

Yes, 2nd Option can be Hyundai i20 Asta though.

& kumaraneks, I advice you to take Test drive both VW Polo 1.2 TDi & Hyundai i20, It'll help you in Refining your Judgement/Choices alongwith this Forum's  answers.

i feeel confusd,i20 looks good...and somebody calls it flabby.punto, has best suspension....and somebody calls it bad. figo is sturdy....and somebody calls it fragile. the polo is roomy....and somebody calls it cramped. so find it out yourself.

1) take a bumpy road test drive,

2) take sis or gf along for that looks comment.

3) take a measure tape to see inside roominess.

4) take a drive with a stop-watch weilding buddy...some cars give that jerky punch as they take off and do not mistake it for good pickup.

But why not figo?

So' date=' a great saving indeed...!![/quote']@rahulgupta :His criteria is "speed and performance" and "safety".?Figo is not as well built as i20. Ford cars are generally well built but Figo is an exception. Shaking, vibrations and early rattles has been reported. Figo has got a bumper problem. The bumper is weak(both front and rear) and in multiple cases the radiator broke or fell down even in case of mild collision. Figo diesel is value for money but that comfort and ride quality is not as great as i20, handling is better though. As far as safety is concerned i20 has been rated better in terms of safety. Not just brakes and ABS, even the body shell is better equipped for impact distribution as per NCAP ratings. So we can be sure that this car is safer and better. You are correct about the value for money issue. If someone wants a diesel in a tight budget, Figo is the perfect car to go for.

hi,

As for the shaking and rattles you are talking about, I think is more in rumors and no actual incidents have been reported by-far. Ford built quality is a tad superior and will remain so.

Though i20 is a good overall car, Figo does all that with a brilliant diesel engine and at a price less than 2l, which of-course is a big amount.

Figo is the latest machine and is running on Indian roads after completing all the crash tests and mandatory road-safety tests conducted by ARAI, Euro-NCAP.

Hence, there is no compromise on safety.

Only factor could be the styling, which is sharper and bold in i20, whereas curvy and understated in Figo.

Polo front seats are classique. The rear is a little tight as they made a bigger boot. But still not cramped....unless one tries to crank the seats to give a jetta feel... the jetta could be driven forever. The i20 feels widest of the lot and the punto feels best in front with the windscreen rake giving that huge dash. the figo dash is a super-letdown, espescially the coral red.

@kumaraneks After been driving the swift you need the kick in the seat feel just TD the i20 CRDi and feel it for yourself if you aren't impressed then buy the Punto 90bhp but mind you even with 90bhp Punto ain't a scorcher.

Fabia is too old and i am not much impressed by the Polo either. You can wait for Punto Sport which will have better performance.

Figo is a very good car and i feel it is the most vfm diesel hatchback right now. i20 has better performance and you can go for it if the price is not a problem.

I would suggest i20 Asta.