Sign in to follow this  
creativebala

Proof of FIAT Improving - HT-MaRS Survey

03_06_2010_703_003_013_H480_W359.GIF

Honda Siel Cars India makes three of the five cars with the highest ratings, according to the HT-MaRS Car Owners' Satisfaction Survey .
Apart from Honda, Fiat India was the other big winner in this survey. The company, which reported an 82 per cent rise in sales last month (May 2010 vs May 2009), has two clear winners in Fiat Linea and Fiat Grande Punto.
The former was ranked the third best car overall (jointly with Honda Civic) and top of its class in the Rs 6-8 lakh price band. 

The Grande Punto came in at No. 10 overall and top of its class in the Rs 4-6 lakh price band.

creativebala2010-06-17 08:41:49

With TJet on the cards, one can take the stock car to tracks. Even the so called sluggish Punto MJD is going to get powerful engine.

PS- IMHO, Punto Sport might come with 1.4 Tjet & the 1.3 VGT MJD remains in Punto as ordinary Punto. I don't think a 90 bhp car would do justice to word "sport".

Some more details in HT Survey

Ratings of Car Costing from 6 - 8 Lakhs

FIAT LINEA - 847

HYUNDAI VERNA - 818

FORD FIESTA - 808

GM AVEO - 803

HONDA JAZZ - 800

SUZUKI SX4 - 798

Satisfaction Levels - of Cars Costing 4 - 6 Lakhs

FIAT PUNTO - 829

MAHINDRA LOGAN - 818

HYUNDAI I20 - 810

SUZUKI SWIFT - 806

SUZUKI DZIRE - 802

SKODA FABIA - 802

Shocked to see the Fiat Punto over the Swift n i20's, etc.

So, why the various Auto Forums are flooded with the Fiat's niggling problems, they've even faded Tata's Quality Issues/Niggles infront of them.

or the Niggling prone cars are from the 1st Manufacturing batch or lots !!smiley5.gif

Shocked to see the Fiat Punto over the Swift n i20's' date=' etc.

So, why the various Auto Forums are flooded with the Fiat's niggling problems, they've even faded Tata's Quality Issues/Niggles infront of them.

or the Niggling prone cars are from the 1st Manufacturing batch or lots !!smiley5.gif
[/quote']

Fiat cars actually better than many other cars in market but their earlier image of giving up in our market stays in most minds, so even if a small niggle occurs, they will talk about it for pages, where as the same occurs in a Maruti, they start to live with  it or they just don't project it in forums.

Agreed that the first batch had some issues, but those were replaced free of cost and heard its in Fiat, where you can get the things easily replaced under warranty.

In  a Punto, the '+'es easily overtakes its '-'es.

Shocked to see the Fiat Punto over the Swift n i20's' date=' etc.

[/quote']

If check Thread on Team-Bhp about "Let owners speak about Fiat service" you will find that overall 74% owners are satisfied with Fiat ASS and those 15% who are not satisfied are pre Linea- Punto owners, Therefore overall satisfation level for Linea-Punto onwers is around 90% whereas Maruti and Hyundai owners has around 75% satisfaction hence Fiat has imroved a lot.

You're rite at your own place bala, but Fiat Punto still lacks in -Interiors Quailty, Fit-n-Finish areas.

Falling Steering Wheel 'FIAT' logo, Crude Steering Column plastic lining(near Keylock area), Irregular Glovebox closing gaps, Unreliable Electrical Systems, etc are the Quality deficient areas which Punto is still having today.

The poor finish of Interiors are there in all new cars(I will not mention the names), the problems identified should be one in a thousand Fiat cars. I own a Linea, the Interiors are fantastic & I have driven the Linea for 6 months. Not once have I gone the sevice center other than for the 3000 km service.

My relative has taken delivery of a New Alto a week back, the quality of Interior was very poor, he has complained to Suzuki regading the glove box not closing properly, no action taken so far, the horn has stopped functioning 2 days after & had to go to the service center, the rear logos fell of 2 days after taking delivery of the car. There are problems in all cars, but they are not highlited in fourms. 

Great work by Fiat India. Fiat has always been silent in advertising as compared to other manufacturers. Besides vehicle launches, they haven't focussed on marketing. Fiat has made its customers speak & the result is amazing. They have seen a 80% growth in this fiscal year compared to the last. I think with launch of Uno this year (unsure), Fiat India will start focusing on volumes as other major players.

You're rite at your own place bala' date=' but Fiat Punto still lacks in -Interiors Quailty, Fit-n-Finish areas.

Falling Steering Wheel 'FIAT' logo, Crude Steering Column plastic lining(near Keylock area), Irregular Glovebox closing gaps, Unreliable Electrical Systems, etc are the Quality deficient areas which Punto is still having today.
[/quote']

I am using a Fiat car (Punto MJD E) for the past 10 months and have not faced any of the issues you have described above. And when I go to a Service Center for Fiat, the service I have received is better than the one I have got from the Hyundai Service for my previous Santro, who kept cheating and replacing parts unnecessarily and thrusting in unwanted services so they can charge a size-able sum.

Whatever was falling earlier was because of faulty Glue and noone compaining now that anything is falling.

My friends Santro has rettling sound since he bought it, despite repeated visit to HASS they are unable to solve his problem. Lot of people has complained about i20 AC but HASS says its like that no solution till now.

Therefore singling out one company will not solve the problem but we should voice our concern for all the manufacturers, so we have better products from all.

@Solorider:

That's Good that you're experiencing the Trouble-Free Ownership from your Punto MjD 'E'. Even views like that of yours enhance the confidence of the other Fiat lovers here(like me, bala & many more) who wants to own 1 but are scared its Doubtful Ownership cases, further Triggered by their lodged Complaints at various Auto Forums & Tata's Showroom officials reviews/attitude towards the Fiat cars.

I've gone Tata-Fiat showrooms(different showrooms 3 times) 4 times to Convince myself for the Punto's Improved Quality but Gets everytime some new Surprise & this one below is during my visit to T-F Dealer last month(maybe in April or May).

dsc00545h.jpg

That's Punto 1.3 MjD Active w/o the Fiat logo on the Steering & on asking the SE told that's 'HARDLY MATTERS' & they'll fix it during its delivery.

If on Stationary car such things happen, can't Imagine what's gonna happen while driving it on the Road !!

As a Fiat lover, I feels Seriously hurt after seeing these all above Issues. 

They have seen a 80% growth in this fiscal year compared to the last.

This is not a big thing considering there were only two not so Mass selling cars in their portfolio during that Fiscal- Palio & Linea, which comprised about almost 1200 cars/month.

Their Mass seller Punto came later on, so sudden Jump in their Sales(from 1200+ 1000-1200 Punto average/month) was an Obvious one, by not a Surprise.
dr_nishu2010-06-21 18:17:31