suryahonda4111

Need help on buying second hand car

To all Auto Car India users,

My brother decided to buy second hand diesel car with cheap price.

when we analyze in around we use to conclude Fiat Palio diesel,

the seller demanding for 2004 model Rs.1.40 lac mileage 90,000 km

2nd owner.

so friends please advise me on this issue, is it worth to buy it.

and tel me Pro's and cons of Palio and also tel me any other cars can buy within 1.25 lac budget.

smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

The CRDI diesels are the compared to Petrol ones w.r.to power, pickup, maintainance, vibrationlessness, silence... etc. This is OK for personal use too, where as the old age diesels( Read non CRDI) are Crude and may make a big dent.

Palio is a good car, but the 1.9, even though good, you need to run pillar to post to find any spares. Unless you are so confident on the product, i.e, You know its history, do stay away from Palio 1.9.

Even the 90k mileage seen to be on the higher side, so stay away.

For this price, you can get a decent Wagon R or Alto or Santro. Do try to get a car, that is max 6 yrs old and has done less than 50k kms

I agree with you bala.... My friend had a engine seizure with his Palio 1.9 D, he had to wait for nearly a month to get spares....The Palio 1.9 diesel did not sell in large numbers, hence difficult to get spares for the engine.

I think that the best choice for a second hand car within your budget is only restricted to Marutis and Hyundais.Maruti True Value, their arm for second hand cars sells quality recent models but charge a premium which is worth as they also offer a six month guarantee.

We buy second hand Tatas,Fiats and so on and may land with huge repair bills.

We are selling 8 year old octy for 1.25 lacks' date=' Decent working condition.

Your dream could come true of getting a high luxury car.

Feel free to contact me.
[/quote']

Is this post a For Skoda or Against Skoda.

One might find it difficult to get a decent Alto for the price you mentioned and this shows how poor Skoda's resale value is. Remember, Alto is priced about 1/5 of Octy's price.

I think you should stay away from the palio as the mileage is pretty high and asking price is way high for a 2004 palio.

I would rather advice a vehicle which is less than 5 yr old.

It could be santro/wagon-r/alto.

2004, 90k kms & Fiat= Max for Rs.80k only.

Better is to search for other diesels like Used Zen-D, Esteem-D, Swift-DDiS or Accent CRDi, they are pretty Reliable & their Spare Parts are easily available too.

@Nishu,

His budget is 1.25L, suggest him the best car within that limit. I am sure you can't expect a Swift DDis in that budget( I am sure you would ve missed that). I think, this budget is what perfectly fits many first time diesel buyers.

Other car I can think of in that budget is, Indica Dicor or Lancer D.

Alternatively you may hunt for a Peugeot around 30-40k. If it runs, its worth.

Any other choice been left?

@1.25 lakhs for a good diesel second hand car is too low IMHO you will only get the Indica DICOR .

Better find an Accent CRDi with less than 70k km which I think might fit in the budget.

@Surya

Where are you? Any groundwork going on?

As I said before try to stick between Alto/ WR/ Santro to play safe but if so particular on Diesel, go for

Lancer D( heard its too good, but because of Lancer name, even its Diesel failed) or Indica Dicor( still in prod on Indigo CS, so no probs for spares)

Lancer D is having Sky-high priced Spare parts & Overall its very Expensive to maintain & buying it for a lakh rupees (with its condition estimated from that price) means a lakh more expanse on it to make it Doing/Working Good.

Otherwise it'll look like C-grade car.

So, Indica V2 is better bet here..

Thank you all guys,

I saw couple of Palio D with 1 lac budget all are worthless. and i moved my mind out from Palio and i heard fiat spares very exp and rare. so i am looking some safe hand can i go for santro model. most of the dealers quoting high prices in chennai.

for 98 model they demanding 1.3 lac. guys please advise any other cars my budget is 1 lac. if petrol also no problem for good rides i can stretch my budget some more. and what is the affordable price for lancer D

Please do avoid & forget Lancer D, firstly you'll get it in 1.5-2 lakhs of rupees & then spend more Rs.50+k on its upto date Furnishings.

+ you'll get All time tension of Expensive Spares & Servicing.

So, Drop that Idea.

Used Santro is good Idea, but more than 4-5 years Old Santro isn't a Worth & again will not be easy on Wallet too.

So, better is to look for Used Old-Zen petrol, Wagon-R or Alto VX/VXi at near your budget prices & Marutis are Quite easy to maintain & are Wallet-Friendly too.

Rest Chennai guys here can tell you better about the Local scenario & needs too..