I am a proud owner of  maruti a star zxi which  has done 4000kms approx and is 10 months old. the pros and cons   

pros: . excellent music system

. beautiful interiors especially crimson red illumination of dashboard and sporty tachometer .

. funky styling sets me apart from crowd

. safety features at a bargain price.

. front seats

cons : car makes a skiding noise when taking turns in rounabouts

. fuel efficiency is 11km/hr with ac in city , maybe due to my  driving style and short commute of 10 kms/ per day.

. flimsy plastics and poor rear space and boot and visiblity

. no alloys as standard and rear wash wiper

Good car you own Siddharth. Please share some photos of your car. I also like the A-star a lot, but only grudge is the rear seat and the boot. But a perfect car if you drive alone in city. 

@sb_alto - Sir your views about the vehicle is correct.this vehicle is good for single persons not family. Since i drive alone its perfect for me.I will post pictures of the car soon.

@Alok Mathur - Sir ,  I will not recommend estilo at any cost as the car has a nervous handling when speed reaches 60km/hr and crashes over potholes. this after test driving the vehicle.As for new Wagon - R it is better than A- star in terms of space ,and driviablity and I don't mind recommending  wagon - r as it is perfect for families . regarding safety features in  new wagon - r  you have to pay extra over vxi which comes to same price as a- star zxi.

@ Mr.Spock,

Welcome on this ACI forum & Welcome & Congrats for being a 1st member of the ACI forum having an A-Star(In short A*).

Nice to see your Instant reviews about your A* but Still an Incomplete w/o the pics(waiting after reading your above quote).

IMO, A* is a Good car with good Interiors & Spacious enough for Singles or Newly Wedded families or to Medium heighted families(i.e In the range of 5.6-5.8 fts).

Anyways liked it..

Please continue your Reviews & Ownership experiences in this thread.

@dr nishu- thanks for the warm welcome. 

Today I woke up to a horrific sight . Someone scratched the car delibrately  and now each part of the car has deep scratches and the rear bumper is also broken , the sight of which makes me both angry and sad .

I will post pictures of both scratches made  by those vandals and the new car pictures in my next post.

smiley3.gif. What ? Was it an accident ? I am so sad to hear that.

Is this vandalism very common in your area ? Was any other car subjected to such vandals? Lodge a general complain to the civic body or cops.

A picture tells a thousand words ....

In front of Rashtrapati Bhavan

31297286.jpg

instrument cluster

11942387.jpg

sporty tacho

33624226.jpg

hidden jack

47629691.jpg

just for ladies - vanity mirror

31441422.jpg

hope you all liked my pictures.

@mods - hope I have posted pictures as per rules and regulation of this forum. if any mistake - apologies .

Someone scratched the car delibrately  and now each part of the car has deep scratches and the rear bumper is also broken ' date=' the sight of which makes me both angry and sad .[/quote']

Has these been fixed? Hope it is. More details on this!!!

@creativebala- Sir the repair work will be done next week and i will post pictures of  repair work .

@BornFree - Sir , thank you for reassuring reply. since this is first time I have uploaded pictures in the forum ,I was just anxious whether the pictures  were posted correctly in the forum.

@winner48 - Do you see a vanity mirror in the sun shade? see caption I have given to the picture.

I just made the mistake taking photo from driver's side , due to which you are having confusion . Hope the confusion is cleared.

Excellent pics Mr.Spock & also liked the lovely shade of your A* too.

hidden jack
47629691.jpg

Really liked this feature' date=' Even haven't seen this 'Neat & Clean' feature in 10 lakh+ cars in the country.

And even its Hard to Imagine that it's done by the Maruti Suzuki for the 1st for that segment, Surprise..

just for ladies - vanity mirror

+1 again. Even Swift/Ritz VDi misses that & helpful enough to keep the Female Co-passenger busy.

Swift even misses the Retractable Assist Grips too..

Very Harsh & Hard Cost-cutting MS.

O.T: Mr.Spock please post your pics in 640x480 resolution from next time.
dr_nishu2010-06-25 21:28:17

@creativebala - Sir , you have guessed it right - it is  a bamboo partition .

@ dr nishu -  1. the jack storage area - as you have mentioned this feature is not seen in many new cars and it shows brilliance of Suzuki engineers who squeezed out space for jack in C pillar of the car.

2. regarding pictures , there is a problem with mtnl broadband ,  due to which there is difficulty in loading larger images. Anyway I will try to load 640*480 pictures from next time.

3. Vanity mirror is found in swift zxi not in swift VDI - cost cutting  perhaps  by maruti

@sb_alto - Sir i will post details about purchase , experience with car , service records in my subsequent posts and of course with pictures.

I am a proud owner of  maruti a star zxi which  has done 4000kms approx and is 10 months old. the pros and cons   

pros: . excellent music system

. beautiful interiors especially crimson red illumination of dashboard and sporty tachometer .

. funky styling sets me apart from crowd

. safety features at a bargain price.

. front seats

cons : car makes a skiding noise when taking turns in rounabouts

. fuel efficiency is 11km/hr with ac in city ' date=' maybe due to my  driving style and short commute of 10 kms/ per day.

. flimsy plastics and poor rear space and boot and visiblity

. no alloys as standard and rear wash wiper
[/quote']

Nice to read about your A Star observations.The car is quite peppy for its engine size and has many other plus points. While driving I felt that the driver (normal height like me thats 5"7") is seated at a lower height and the base of the windscreen is quite high above, compared to other cars.

That means making judgements while manoeuvring are a bit tougher but feel you may have got used to it.

Happy Driving!smiley1.gif

@anjaan c2007 - Sir , the car's rear visibility is quiet poor when compared to alto and that makes parking difficult in tight spaces . the forward visibility is ok , not great.It has been good learning experience for me still  miles to go .

the front seats   are extremely comfortable even though they are low.

poor rear visibility

img0103ee.jpg

An interesting point -  integrated head restraint in A* offers satisfactory(score 2.3)(much better than even suzuki ritz, hyundai i30, skoda superb 2008 model) whiplash protection according to euroncap ,which is superior to i10's integrated head restraint(score 0.9) , due to which Hyundai i10 sold in Europe doesn't feature integrated head restraint anymore and have head restraint similar to swift and other cars.see the pictures below

the new head restraints of i10-  source Hyundai uk website

i10k.jpg

more upmarket interiors with heated seats

mainse.jpg

now regarding my A* - the car was manufactured in the month of July 2009 and car was purchased in the month of September 2009 from Rana Motors , New Delhi. 30,000RS was given as discount which included free  1st year insurance, corporate discount of 3,000 and third year extended warranty.

now the discount is close to 40,000RS.the car was delivered on the auspicious week of navratri . Accessories included gear lock(autocop), rubber floor mats(purchased later)  , MGA seat covers and car cover - total cost 6,500. After taking delivery , we went first to nearby  petrol pump  filled the car tank to brim and went straight to temple for pooja. Being navratri , there were many new cars queuing in front of temple for pooja.

A*'s gear lock

img0109zt.jpg

@spock,

Whats your height dude?

when I went to TD a A*, even after pushing the seat all back, my leg touches the seat. I am not that super height either. I loved its power & its sound.

PS- avoid addressing everyone with Sir, most of us are younger to you.
creativebala2010-06-27 17:52:42

@creativebala -I am bit formal even when I talk to my parents , friends and that's  reflecting in my posts.Also some people may take offense to calling them dude or any other name  so I prefer to address them Sir or madam , giving a touch of respect. Anyways, I will drop "Sir" tag from my posts in future.

As for my height it  is a humble 5 feet 10 inches.

I did not understand - "even after pushing the seat all back, my leg touches the seat. I am not

that super height either." maybe if you can rephrase it in your subsequent post.

I did not understand - "even after pushing the seat all back' date=' my leg touches the steering wheel( sorry, here was a typo). I am not that super height either." maybe if you can rephrase it in your subsequent post.

[/quote']

Actually, I feel A* to the car that fits Avg Indian height youn couples or college goers

OT- For those who think I am wrong here for not supporting Beat, I did understand our Predator's Beat about 2nd gear pickup, also have a look at Beat's used car market. Plenty of it are on sales this soon.
creativebala2010-06-27 18:23:50