Sign in to follow this  
ZR 1

New Chevrolet Orlando Spy Shots

a perfect GM job' date=' bringing the Concept straight to Production, HATS OFF[/quote']

Yes,GM is trying to bring concept cars into daily life.

Looks kind of ugly.

What price range is this expected to have?

It's Tata Aria competitor.

Probably this would be the Best-looking Squarish-boxy lines on the Wheels.

Just loved it & its Size.

20661730901179434817.jpg425242759791790222.jpg

It's Tata Aria competitor.

Probably not !! As it seems to be very much bigger for the Indian Roads & Parking Spaces.

But definitely it will become the 'Shan'(=proud) of Autobahn, Germany.

But why there's an 'Maruti Omni styled' Single Central Reversing light !
dr_nishu2010-06-19 21:16:47

Excuse me' date='How do you know that it's a guzzler?
[/quote']

Experience.

It is large & it is by GM.

GM has the Voltec technology that they can use in all vehicles to make them fuel sippers. But, no. That is not what they plan to do - I feel sad about this, esp. now that I'm a part owner of the company (all US tax payers are !).

Experience.It is large & it is by GM.GM has the Voltec technology that they can use in all vehicles to make them fuel sippers. But' date=' no. That is not what they plan to do - I feel sad about this, esp. now that I'm a part owner of the company (all US tax payers are !).
[/quote']

Oh,I agree GM has the Voltec(Voltec Electric Propulsion System) but it's a only used on Electric Vehicles such as the Chevrolet Volt.Voltec Technology can never make a petrol/diesel vehicle fuel efficient 'cause it's associated only with 'Electric Engine'.

Anyways it will never come to America.

Oh' date='I agree GM has the Voltec(Voltec Electric Propulsion System) but it's a only used on Electric Vehicles such as the Chevrolet Volt.Voltec Technology can never make a petrol/diesel vehicle fuel efficient 'cause it's associated only with 'Electric Engine'.
Anyways it will never come to America. [/quote']

I don't think I understand what you are saying here.

Voltec is a series hybrid where you can do you first 40 miles or so purely on electric battery. Then the generator starts propelling the car / charging the battery.

This technology can be put into any type of vehicle.

BTW, GM showed a voltec based MPV recently ... so why not Orlando ?

Voltec is a series hybrid where you can do you first 40 miles or so purely on electric battery. Then the generator starts propelling the car / charging the battery.
?
This technology can be put into any type of vehicle.
?
BTW' date=' GM showed a voltec based MPV recently ... so why not Orlando ?
?
?
[/quote']

Orlando is not US-Specific,So it should be madeon either Petrol/Diesel.Though they can make a Voltec Type Electric Version but it cant capture any market share in any developing countries.If it's presented in US,It could succeed but it's not US_Specific.OK,but that 40 miles is definitely dependent on the size of the vehicle too.

Orlando is not US-Specific.

Neither is Volt - it will be sold in EU, Australia, China etc under different brands/names. The range extender will take multiple fuels in next gen.

Neither is Volt - it will be sold in EU' date=' Australia, China etc under different brands/names. The range extender will take multiple fuels in next gen.[/quote']

Yup,

Cherolet/Holden Volt

Opel/VauxallAmpera

Cadillac Converj

Buick Electra!

Cadillac Converj has unfortunately been cancelled.

Oh,but I think it's temporary until they build up their financial status and launch the XTS and their new flagship sedan.

Ed Whitcare,instructed Caddy to build a new flagship vehicle recently.

The front is too bulky & typically American, i guess they opted a better design theme with Cruze, Aveo/Uva & Beat but what happened with this one.

Though i liked the side profile & guess rear one will too be good.