tongawala

Good Petrol Super Hatch

@Cartoos

You own a linea, which is not a Punto. Also most of the people here dont own that car. Do you think Hormazd or Cyrus owns every car in the market. People tell from what they know. There is not a single Punto owner who has commented here, and a single i20 owner.

Also if you are saying that I dont know anything about cars, know that I am a Special license member.

Also note that your comments have become personal.

Rahul, as you know I drive Linea and its 1.4 EPack.

I know lot about 1.4 and not just test drives etc. I can't comment on any other people, what they do? but like special licence holder you should act more responsible than just praising cars you like personally.

Can you compare i20 with Punto one on one without being biased ? try it .

Keep the tempers under control.

This is a public forum.

@ rahul

with all respect to your special licence, i would like to say that you are losing your temper here. turn off the PC for 20 minutes, have lemonade or anything cold you can get your hands on and then be back.

@ tongawala

you have no right to insult(call salesmen) senior members of the forum.

Ahh its Rahul's turn to face the full brunt of Turin's tifosi. Looks like tonga & cartoos  have already made their mind to swing their bat's wildly at anything that come their way. Sure Tonga, Punto is an excellent car at a mouth watering price go ahead, would be an excellent replacement for your Tonga. Better still check out the Palio 1.6 which is the true blue hot hatch.

Durango Dude2010-06-19 18:37:06

My replies in bold

It has to be

good looking - Punto followed by i20' date='

sturdy - Punto/ Polo followed by Figo,

good ride and handling capabilities - Punto followed by Figo/ Polo,

fully loaded - All most all cars comes fully loaded, its your choice, Punto has Blue & Me as extra

fuel effecient - So it has to be a Diesel

Don't suggest me a car unless you don't know much - I don't know how you would Quantify my knowledge on cars, if you put up some questions, i shall prove

ASS can be managed here in Delhi - So even Punto can be managed.

My maximum budget is around 7 lakh OTR - Then why a Petrol, Punto seems to be the best bet here, as i20 or Polo crosses this.
[/quote']

Some more about Punto -

Some says its difficult to drive in city - but you will get used to it in no time.

Some says its sluggish(MJD) - Only its initial pick up is bad, once you cross it, in-gear acceleration is super.

FE- Its so good, you can see real time mileage

Boot Space - is more

Quality has improved a lot

Plastics - Do one really cares, even our country's best seller Swift has bad interiors, but no one talks about it.

If you want a more powerful Punto, just wait a little while as Punto is gonna come with Linea's engine. It might be a tad costlier than emotion.

With 7L in hand, my suggestion would be to go for Punto Attractive, i.e Punto MJD VGT
creativebala2010-06-19 18:41:08

But what is wrong in Punto, why can't you suggest that ? 

Tongawalla, no offense, but the nature of you're posts seem to suggest -

1. You want to know what all the minus points of the punto are (but our friends have already pointed that out)

OR

2. You  have already made you're decision to buy a punto, but just want to discuss this further

OR

3. You are really confused.

OR

4. You doubt our knowledge/competency

OR.

5.As Rahul said, you are trying to kill time/waste our time using this thread.

Or is it all of them?

@Mods It seems like this thread requires a clean-up.

arkboypunk12010-06-19 18:42:18

Ahh its Rahul's turn to face the full brunt of Turin's tifosi. Looks like tonga & cartoos  have already made their mind to swing their bat's wildly at anything that come their way. Sure Tonga' date=' Punto is an excellent car at a mouth watering price go ahead, would be an excellent replacement for your Tonga. Better still check out the Palio 1.6 which is the true blue hot hatch.
[/quote']

I am not turin's tifosi and mind it I started visiting Italy from 1982 and have fashion jewelry export business there and all our the world. Know lot of languages from French, italian, spainish to japanies therefore mind your language also. You can't make out others age like that and respect others also.

I am tired of you people jumping and blindly suggesting hyundai.

Post deleted.

Note from Mod: No personal comments from now on. All members are free to express their views till they are civil & confirm to the forum rules & regulations.
BornFree2010-06-19 18:57:10

I can manage large turning radius and plastics are now better than before' date=' nothing falling.

Anything alse you want to add ?
[/quote']

Then go ahead with it - Its a fine car otherwise. The best looking of the lot (IMO). Did you test drive it? The A.S.S should be ok in Delhi.

Do not but a discontinued car (the chevy) - finding spares could be frustrating. dtandon2010-06-19 18:58:37

See, there are two options now.

1. Punto 1.4

2. Swift ZXi.

If you are really mad about performance, then what you can do is, get a K&N induction kit and a good Remus/Magnaflow exhaust and fit it into any one of these two car. If you are not ready to cross your budget, then these two are the only option for you.

Should cost you around Rs20000 more. What say ?

@ Tonga,

If you do a proper TD on a Punto D or Linea D, you will understand what I am saying.

This MJD engine is the only reason for Fiat being alive today.

If you are so adament on petrol, and if you can wait for some 4-5 months, you can enjot Punto TJet. I wont suggest the regular Punto 1.4 as I feel this is not as good as MJD.

So my other choice on petrol is JAZZ

hi,

Some facts which I recollected after reading this thread :

1.) Punto : A solid and sturdy vehicle from a manufacturer, marred with dwindling service network and parts availablitiy (still need to improve a lot on this).

As with your requirements, it fits the bill but it's size won't be very helpful while maneuvering Delhi's narrow streets.

You said that only Punto is offering Blue and me, which is actually not the case. Ford Figo is offering it and much more,if you look at the equipment list, and all that at a price almost lakh rupees cheaper.

2.) i20 is a well-round car with no major flaw,whatsoever. I have heard it's AC is not a chiller and the engine ,not a stonker,but diesel is good-enough.

It's ass is much better and a better resale is assured.

3.) Ford Figo : Latest and well-built. It has features comparable to Punto or even more and at a price much less. Ford's ass has improved ages. So this could be an option worth looking for, and Nissan's micra is almost here, which could also prove to be a worthy machine.

I am not turin's tifosi and mind it I started visiting Italy from 1982 and have fashion jewelry export business there and all our the world. Know lot of languages from French' date=' italian, spainish to japanies therefore mind your language also. You can't make out others age like that and respect others also.

I am tired of you people jumping and blindly suggesting hyundai.
[/quote']

Please note that though I'm a minor, I've never been disrespected on this forum.

Besides, it these languages are spelt 'spanish' and 'japanese'

No one here is 'blindly' suggesting the i20. It has a lot of + points over the punto.

But now that you've made your point(s), go ahead and enjoy your Fiat!

@sb-alto:

What if these mods void the tongawalla's warranty?

If you are so adament on petrol, and if you can wait for some 4-5 months, you can enjot Punto TJet. I wont suggest the regular Punto 1.4 as I feel this is not as good as MJD

Bala I don't like diesel and not sure when will Tjet will be introduced in Punto.

3.) Ford Figo : Latest and well-built. It has features comparable to Punto or even more and at a price much less. Ford's ass has improved ages. So this could be an option worth looking for, and Nissan's micra is almost here, which could also prove to be a worthy machine.
I was very interested in Figo but after test drive, cut it off my list, its very slow and FE is very low. It doesn't look good either though it has good space inside and ride and handling is very good.

@ tongawala

Jazz

1.2 litre engine 90 bhp BUT it has to be revved VERY hard to get the power and is UNEXCITING to drive.

It also has a horrendous price tag

Figo

If figo, then it is got to be diesel. great engine. petrol is kind of underpowered

Micra

Will come with a 1.2 litre petrol which is 90% sure to be underpowered.

Polo

the current 3 cylinder motor is crap.

Wait for the 1.6 polo

i20

2nd best looking(after punto)

Biggest car of the segment(size)

Most spacious. good After sales service.

Both petrols unexciting to drive.

Punto

the only hot hatch you can go and buy off the shelf and is quite a decent product. Looks best of the lot. also is the only car to offered in a 1.4 Petrol. Also there is an option of fitting an Abarth kit when it is launched in India.

@ other people

Also some people are suggesting the diesel

1: his monthly running doesnt justify a diesel

2: Fiat has a great diesel and is alive only because of that. Does that mean you blindly go out and buy itwithout lookig at the requirements. Diesels can never offer the performance of a petrol.CYRUS432010-06-20 08:18:57

@ tongawala
Jazz 1.2 litre engine 90 bhp BUT it has to be revved VERY hard to get the power and is UNEXCITING to drive.
It also has a horrendous price tag
Figo 
Micra
Polo
i20
Punto
@ other people
Also some people are suggesting the diesel

These kind of suggestions are worth taking but not the one which blindly supporing one product and ignoring other. Thanks Winner.

Tongawala Ji I think you take a test drive and let us also know.

Note from Mod: While quoting, use only a part of the post.
BornFree2010-06-20 08:53:46