NAREN64

Linea T-Jet

11 L: Are you sure? At that price the car is as good as a 'still born' foetus. With Vento being priced aaawww so sensibly why would anyone buy a Tata serviced Fiat for 11 lakhs. Honda City will start selling even better now.

The 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine of the Linea will produce 118PS of power and will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Interestingly the Linea T-jet is the first car in India in this segment or below to feature a turbo charged petrol engine. We drove the car in Turkey three years ago at its very first international launch, and should we say, it

Surprises everywhere..

Fiat Linea 1.4 T-jet for Rs.11 lacs(Expected) &

Skoda Laura 1.8 TSi - Rs.13.30 lacs(Ex-Showroom, Delhi).

I think everyone here can judge the fate of that Rs.11 lakh car.
dr_nishu2010-09-21 20:24:50

First of all the prices have not been confirmed by FIAT, it has been informed in some forum that the price is 11 lakhs, with that how come we come to assumptions about the price. Even when VW Vento prior to the launch there was a hype about the prices, but after the launch & prices were informed everyone of us were suprised. Based on assumptions let us not discuss about Linea T Jet Prices. 

So it will cost around 10Lacs on road? They need to price it atleast a little lower than the City. The City V version costs around 10.20 on road Delhi.

I dont see any reason to risk buying a Fiat when their quality and A.S.S is still a concern, over a tried and tested and hugely successful Honda City. Even the Vento.

As far as Carwale goes its a very good product as a whole and should address concerns of those wanted more power with the kind of handing Linea provides.

The price in my opinion should around 8.19 Lakh ex showroom Delhi to compete with Vento and Honda City.

Read all the Reviews posted above & I agree with the ACI's

'Finally after a long Gap, a Fiat that's actually plenty of fun'.

& a price tag of Rs.9-lakh seems to be justified too(thank God its not 11lakh) considering the Equipment it offers like;

-16-Inch Alloys,

-Italian leather Upholstery,

-Excellent Paint Finish &

-Last but not the least Brilliant Torque Monster 'T-jet engine'.

& What it actually deserves now is the more Trained Dealer Network(as I've seen Jags, LR's & Nanos being sold in same Showrooms) & Service Officials than the Regular Tata AfSS guys & Fiat have to seriously Consider on this.

& Fiat do add 'Turbo Spinning Gauge' in it like its European version, please keep this engine Exclusively for yourself only, don't Share it with Tata for their cars, as they don't deserves this.
dr_nishu2010-09-22 17:05:41

140 kmph in 28.2 secs , rubbed my eyes and double checked it.

@drifty , yes this is where heavy weighted Linea comes in , but anyways who in real traffic situation see's 0-100 anyways ? 

Does it give 113bhp on Indian fuel ?(just a query) and 21.1 kgm= 205 nm of torque which is quite awesome

Welcome to the new linea but no newson 1.6 Mjd. Fiat has to evolve the confidence in thier product first  by taking the quality of their product seriously. Resolving issues themselves like Toyota, Honda and not just leaving to tata dealers. I have latest experience as the tata dealer delivered a white linea 1.3 mjd dynamic to me in Lucknow. Which, with in a week had paint job problem, as honeycomb patches have started coming on different parts one after the other. Now Tata dealer is running post to post for solutions. They donot know how to handle the situation as their is no support from Fiat india.

Look the things have not changed as what has happened to sienna and palio.

God help Fiat in India.

The car  is sweet ! Car enthusiaists will have no complaints and if they do, they would not be looking at environment and safety closely.

As always I am confident about Fiat's pricing cause they know what they are doing and will give no space for pricing mistakes.

@saudul  hasan - kindly post ur pics for us to see ur concern clearly and ur date of purchase...cause this is an issue which is unusual for we car owners.

Welcome to the new linea but no newson 1.6 Mjd. Fiat has to evolve the confidence in thier product first  by taking the quality of their product seriously. Resolving issues themselves like Toyota' date=' Honda and not just leaving to tata dealers. I have latest experience as the tata dealer delivered a white linea 1.3 mjd dynamic to me in Lucknow. Which, with in a week had paint job problem, as honeycomb patches have started coming on different parts one after the other. Now Tata dealer is running post to post for solutions. They donot know how to handle the situation as their is no support from Fiat india.
Look the things have not changed as what has happened to sienna and palio.
God help Fiat in India.
[/quote']

Did you contact Fiat India. If not inform I will provide you the Mail Address. Quick action is expected. I own a Linea 1.3 MJD - Bossa Nova White purchased in November 2009. Till date what ever problems you have said has not occured to my Linea. 

Can you post photos of the defect.

I must say I am impressed with the new engine and had it been launched a year earlier I would have had it in my garage .

I think now linea deserved the engine it always wanted .

Any price update.

With all that torque I was expecting a sub 10 sec 0-100kmph time. The in gear times must take care of the City and Vento. Thats 'diesel-like' torque from the turbo motor. Must be rather effortless performer. If only the price is known. 

Well folks i send emails  ceodesk@fiapl.com Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com Aashish.Bhardwaj@fiapl.com) but no result. Either they are underpaid or white elephants. It is high time that fiat should listen to the story of japanese and koreans how they cemented their places in India or the Indian operation of Fiat will be termed as "Bridge to Far" or "Lost Frontier". smiley19.gif

Get some well paid effecient people to run Fiat Operations and do not go by their Italian Premier saying that "Women come to him because he is loaded". No doubt Linea is loaded but they should stop harping about "admiration guaranteed" and work for "Satisfaction Guaranteed".  We Indians are very sentimental about women and cars. Do belief in Loyalty which Japenese and Koreans have well understood and delivered.smiley9.gif

All efforts are aplauded of tata dealers of solving the problem of their adopted brother (Fiat) without any support from them. Fiat is doing silly things and after sailing in deep waters with Tata. If this time they wreck then they will fail to find their remains in India.