hersh_s1

Bugatti Veyron in India

Guys saw this news while browsing online. Its true that our roads would be getting this monster soon. And any guesses for its price?? Just 17.5 crores!!! smiley4.gif

24yr1y0.jpg[/img]

Here's the article:

The big bad Bugatti Veyron has finally arrived in India and Exclusive Motors in New Delhi would be its official partner in India. Exclusive Motors already is the

Finally the Bugatti Veyron is officially available in India. Exclusive Motors which is the sole distributor for Bentley and Lamborghini in India has been appointed official dealer. The Bugatti website lists Exclusive Motors as the Official Bugatti partner of New Delhi as its representative. Out of the three orders, there is news that the first car (a black one) has already been delivered a few weeks ago to a real estate magnate in Mumbai. The other two Veyron

@ DD

I dont exactly appreciatee this kind of homour.

Just because those people are poor doesnt mean we can mock at them.

Probably thats whats going to happen if they let loose this thinly shrouded track car on to the streets. Just imagine what 1000 bhp and 0-60mph time of a scant 2.4 secs. translates to on Indian road conditions.  If you are driving fast,probably, if you sneeze or even blink and you'll loose control and head of in a tangent.

Durango Dude2010-06-25 20:24:25

@winner,

DD is rite is in his own way as per I reads his quote.

He's simply Targetting & Warning the Guys, who forgets the actual scene of the Road & the people over there when they are inside of these Superwheels with the Kick of the drink dominating over their Minds.

@cyrus , have seen the veyron late at night but didn't believe my eyes it zoomed by

Now can some one be crazy enough to get hold of an Mclaren F1 LMT or are they  waiting for me to save money smiley17.gif

Mclaren , buggati n Enzo , now thats what u call a garage

I wonder why it costs so much?

Get a Murceilago, spurce it up, and you are ready to smoke a Veyron.

And in India There is hardly any place where you can take a Murceilago to the top speed, leave alone Veyron.

So a Veyron is a waste of money, IMHO.

I wonder why it costs so much?
Get a Murceilago' date=' spurce it up, and you are ready to smoke a Veyron.
And in India There is hardly any place where you can take a Murceilago to the top speed, leave alone Veyron.
So a Veyron is a waste of money, IMHO.[/quote']

Your post does not make any sense. If you are wondering why it costs so much, in the most simple way, the VEYRON is the most exquisite production car. By exquisite i do not mean the best luxury, but also the dynamics of the car, what it can do, what it feels to drive, how two V8 engine blocks have been joined together to form a W16 layout, how a quad cam quad turbo setup is possible. This is much much more than your top of the line supercars. For science's sake it is road legal and does 400 km/h. You can still import a Porsche 9FF and do close do 400, but it still won't be a veyron. And if a Lamborghini cannot max out after mods on Indian roads nor the Veyron then head to Molsheim. So a Veyron is NOT A WASTE OF MONEY. Connosieurs of fine things appreciate fine things and i know that GOOD things don't come cheap.  smiley7.gifvr.462010-06-27 02:32:14

Quote removed

yes buggati is a fine creation but the fact that being a W16 it needs four turbo chargers to be 19 km/hr faster than an 1988 Mclaren F1 which runs on a naturally aspired V12 and goes 391 km/hr and had costed half the price of buggati.

although a second hand Mclaren F1 would cost 1.2 million pounds today smiley19.gif

Note: Lengthy Quote removed.

Moderators

sgiitk2010-06-27 06:19:06

yes buggati is a fine creation but the fact that being a W16 it needs four turbo chargers to be 19 km/hr faster than an 1988 Mclaren F1 which runs on a naturally aspired V12 and goes 391 km/hr and had costed half the price of buggati.

although a second hand Mclaren F1 would cost 1.2 million pounds today smiley19.gif

1988 and 2004 is 16 years apart. Yes, lots has changed. Emissions being one. Who knows, ten years later when the potential of electric propulsion is fully achieved the electric veyron might manage less than 400 km/h !

what was awesome back then has been marginally approved today, but keeping all laws intact.

By the way the Mclaren F1 started production in 1992, not 1988. Where you referring to a Ferrari F40 of 1988 that topped out at 320 km/h

@vr.46 , the prototype was built in 1988 but was public made public in 1991.

well SSC Aero has twin tubro charged V8 but goes 410 kmph, buggati is two heavy and bulky.

sarabjeet2010-06-27 13:16:59

@ vr.46: Nice point of view and I agree.

I personally think its a waste of money with the Indian import duty

slapped on it. But I am sure there are people with this kind of money lying around and wanting to prove to the world he has the bigger/costlier/etc. and hence seeing the market, Bugatti decided to bring it to India.

@ vr.46: Nice point of view and I agree.

I personally think its a waste of money with the Indian import duty

slapped on it. But I am sure there are people with this kind of money lying around and wanting to prove to the world he has the bigger/costlier/etc. and hence seeing the market' date=' Bugatti decided to bring it to India.

[/quote']

But those people might be small in no.

@ arkboypunk1: Come on, how many people do you think will want to buy a 17 crores super car?? I won't be surprised if Bugatti sells like ten Veyron's in a year, in India. 

I remember in 2004 when the chairman of Manikchand group paid 5 crores for the Maybach, it was the first in the country. Fast forward now, 17 crores is still in the big leagues, but India has the worlds largest number of millionaires ala crorepatis. So Bugatti's got it's share of maybe a few buyers.