dhirajmukhi

Santro Xing VS Wagon R

Hi all.. I know the question which I am gonna ask is a hot topic among all the forums.

Just wanted to check out with you which is a better car in terms of performance, driving experience and after sales service. I have been to many websites which have their own views. Some say wagon r is better in fuel economy and santro is better because of its gear box. There may be pros and cons to everything. But I would like to know which is a better car in terms of space for 5 persons. which car is more spacious.

\My everyday usage would not be more than 25 kms in the city and there would be less frequent trips outside mumbai once in 6 months

Santro is a better overall package. The Wagon R is uncomfortable over longer journeys' date=' refinement is not as good as the santro and neither are the dynamics.

FRG
[/quote']

True the rear seat Comfort is not good in the wagonR but rest seems to be fine

Why dont you consider the i10 instead of Santro

Cheerssmiley20.gif

The Wagon R engine will outlast the Santro's by miles, rest of the package is not that bad as compared to Santro but the Santro has an edge in seating, fit and finish is same, so is the quality of plastics.

but how much is the Price difference??

The i10 Era will cost you as much as the Santro XIng XO but the Santro XIng will have Discounts and the i10 will not which will mean the price difernce may be around 20k rs from Santro XO to I10 Magna

At the same time there is 25k + 10 rs discount for the WagonR Petrol and incase you want safety its always better to go in for the WagonR VXi ABS which has Dual Airbags and ABS plus a whopping discount which will come around the i10 Eras price ( aprox)

Cheerssmiley20.gif

hey there.. i recently checked out the i10... the price difference for i10 magna and santro xl s around 50k in bangalore but u get stuff worth of 50 k.... took a test drive too and the electronic power steerng is very much appreciated... the gear rod console is good too and the its def more comfortable than santro

Even the i10 comes with optional airbags and abs. i10 being a more modern design will stand up much better in case of a crash.

FRG

But for these options he should be paying i lakh rs more than wagnR VXI ABS

cheerssmiley20.gif

i chekced out the aprox pricing

The Magna optional with airbags and Abs will cost in Karnataka aprox 5.6 and Wagonr vxi with airbags and abs will costs 4.7 minus 25k discount which will mean 4.45 and abosulutely a better buy and a safer one

regards

Priya

How does it being cheaper make it safer?

FRG

so you ought to tell me that wagonr with airbags and Abs which is available at his budget is simply not safer and paying a 1 lakh more will be more safer??

regards,

Priya

The only way we will know which one is safer is by standardized testing like the one done by NHSTA, it will then reveal who is the safest of them all via actual crash testing. As of now, both are evenly poised and when the Honda Jazz/Fit comes, with its 5 star rating, it will be the benchmark in its segment. Having said that, based on previous track records, I will bank on a Japanese car over a Korean car vis a vis Wagon R and Santro but the final testing will be the real scientific eye opener.Gurkha2007-11-21 20:07:13

The only way we will know which one is safer is by standardized testing like the one done by NHSTA' date=' it will then reveal who is the safest of them all via actual crash testing. As of now, both are evenly poised and when the Honda Jazz/Fit comes, with its 5 star rating, it will be the benchmark in its segment. Having said that, based on previous track records, I will bank on a Japanese car over a Korean car vis a vis Wagon R and Santro but the final testing will be the real scientific eye opener.[/quote']

Yes agree with you but both have Airbags and abs and isnt both are safer and does it mean even if wagonr has airbags and abs its unsafe??

Priya

no its not but the price difference here has been justified with the other features offered by i10..

i still dont get the point i hope some one can explain it breifly

Regards,

Priya