dhirajmukhi

Santro Xing VS Wagon R

Personally having seen some Wagon R crashes, that thin metal cannot withstand much. Not saying the i10 will be any better. But what Im trying to say is that the Wagon R is a design from the 90s. Surely the i10 which is more recent is better by design in protecting its occupants.

FRG

Personally having seen some Wagon R crashes' date=' that thin metal cannot withstand much. Not saying the i10 will be any better. But what Im trying to say is that the Wagon R is a design from the 90s. Surely the i10 which is more recent is better by design in protecting its occupants.

FRG
[/quote']

Ok thanks for giving me a good answer , the i100 looks updated too

Priya

Wagon R is the most uncomfortable car on road<ofcourse after 800 zen ..... the stupid stuff>...... santro is gr8 in terms of comfort.......much much better

even thoug its mileage is less but its egine is more responsive

i love it ....... my first car <1999>

i10 is great but there is no point comparing it with wagonr and santro as pric speaks itself smiley12.gif

Go for santro over wagon R and i 10 over santro

Santro wins even on the looks... Wagon R looks stupid like its name sounds.... Santro is a lots better than Wagon R in every aspect of comparison.

Loooks??? u gota be kidding , the new looks of WR looks appealing but Comfort not as good as santro but santro looks dated after the launch of i10 , mind you the ride of Santro is bumpy but has better Gear shift

regards,

Priya

Please take a note that i didnt compare i10 and Santro...no kidding Santro is better than Wagon R on every aspect including RIDE QUALITY. everyone agrees to this, never mind if yu dont... Wagon R definetly looks yucky, no ride quality, cheap interiors .... like a dubba.... on the other hand Santro looks better and performs better than Wagon R...  

Santro looks no better than Wagon R, the newer Wagon R actually looks better than Santro. Santro is a copy of the aborted Mercedes A class. The engine technology is based in Suzuki, actually Hyundai bought the license from Suzuki and modified it further. The Santro is far less reliable than the Japanese Suzuki engines in Wagon R.

Please take a note that i didnt compare i10 and Santro...no kidding Santro is better than Wagon R on every aspect including RIDE QUALITY. everyone agrees to this' date=' never mind if yu dont... Wagon R definetly looks yucky, no ride quality, cheap interiors .... like a dubba.... on the other hand Santro looks better and performs better than Wagon R...  [/quote']

i agree with you that santro is a better vehicle........but when it comes to ride quality and brakes....wagon r wins....no comparison.............looks are subjective

Santro looks no better than Wagon R' date=' the newer Wagon R actually looks better than Santro. Santro is a copy of the aborted Mercedes A class. The engine technology is based in Suzuki, actually Hyundai bought the license from Suzuki and modified it further. The Santro is far less reliable than the Japanese Suzuki engines in Wagon R.[/quote']

my experience has been opposite...........our santro never gave any problem during its 5 year stay.........my friends wagon r was problematic from day 1.....he got fed up and sold it!

The Wagonr has Front and rear Fog lamps , Remote keyless entry , Electric ORVMs , integrated spoiler , wheel caps , sevral Storgae Desings , big boot , and better Fuel economy

regards,

Priya

Santro looks no better than Wagon R' date=' the newer Wagon R actually looks better than Santro. Santro is a copy of the aborted Mercedes A class. The engine technology is based in Suzuki, actually Hyundai bought the license from Suzuki and modified it further. The Santro is far less reliable than the Japanese Suzuki engines in Wagon R.[/quote']

my experience has been opposite...........our santro never gave any problem during its 5 year stay.........my friends wagon r was problematic from day 1.....he got fed up and sold it!

Of course there were probs with older WagonR but newer ones are lot Imrpoved and feel it very good

regards,

Priya

Santro looks no better than Wagon R' date=' the newer Wagon R actually looks better than Santro. Santro is a copy of the aborted Mercedes A class. The engine technology is based in Suzuki, actually Hyundai bought the license from Suzuki and modified it further. The Santro is far less reliable than the Japanese Suzuki engines in Wagon R.[/quote']my experience has been opposite...........our santro never gave any problem during its 5 year stay.........my friends wagon r was problematic from day 1.....he got fed up and sold it!

Lets take the average and you will see the superiority of Maruti engines and power train in general over Korean made Hyundai.

your quote sounds like a comparison on Hyundai and Suzuki.. what if the design was an aborted Merc A, but it looks good. the question is to compare Wagon R and Santro....

The Wagonr has Front and rear Fog lamps ' date=' Remote keyless entry , Electric ORVMs , integrated spoiler , wheel caps , sevral Storgae Desings , big boot , and better Fuel economy

regards,

Priya
[/quote']

" Front and rear Fog lamps , Remote keyless entry , Electric ORVMs , integrated spoiler , wheel caps , sevral Storgae Desings , big boot " none of this will still make a DUBBA look any better. Santro is too good on Fuel economy and still its better

WagonR Duo gives a good economic advantage while Santro CNG is available only in Delhi. However, both these models will be overshadowed by the more recent arrivals or upcoming arrivals of i10, i20, Jazz, A-Star and Splash.

yes rezahere, new models overshadow already existing ones. i10 is essentially the new santro , so is supposed to be better than santro in every aspect. but the company still sells both together. i think splash will be a replacement for wagon r, but never know maruti can also keep selling both side by side.

I think  Spark can be a worthy option as well....  it handles and rides better than both the cars in contention here and is available on discount... Also now there is no Santro XO and the present range topper GLS is sparsely equipped...