Sign in to follow this  
abhigtr

lost my two dear ones : r15 and dio

I just created this post to express my feeling of selling my bike and scooter . The year was 2007 when i got my hands on my very own brand new Honda DIO standing in my parking lot dad had gifted this scooter as my very own . the day she arrived was when i was in high school and the perfect time when i learnt to ride two wheelers and i had just the time of my life taking her around my city without any license . DIO till date had never give me a problem apart from the electric start motor which occasionally failed she covered a distance of 7567km in a span of 4 years i had the occasion of falling down from her once which i regret . Then a day came when r15 was one of the first proper sport bike to be launched in India.   me and my dad just feel in love the moment we saw her and blindly payed the entire money which was then 1,10,000( on-road Chennai) without even listening to the sound she made from her engine . This was the first time i and my dad jointly loved the motor vehicle we bought and occasionally taking fights to ride her . I still remember the day when i and dad took her out of the showroom we were heading straight to fill her tummy with petrol all eyes were on the bike with people asking price ,mileage ,what brand!! lol. since my bike was 5th to be sold in Chennai so it was sudden sight for all but now its a thing of a past seeing about 100 of r15 on roads every day in the city but still the love for my bike grew strong with my bike taken care every step and occasionally giving my excuses to my parents to take her out .now dio had gone away from me as mom and sister started to use them and i being in college always took my r15 .The year 2010 came when i started to be more of car fanatic by driving my other cars around punto,cruze,i20.but my love for r15 stayed on.

Just a day back my dad gave me a shock telling that he has decided to sell both honda dio and yamaha r15 which was a shock my friends asked me to plead to my father since they too loved to take a spin on her and loved her very much but dad told that the broker offered a better price which was just the right thing to do for him as he told me that r15 being 2 years old has clocked only 5000kms which is pretty bad since my dad was busy using only car has his transport to his factory and using the bike in daytime was just not permitting him due to the insane heat in the city and me often in college had little time to use her in night but made it sure to use her as much as i could but then gave importance to the cars and bike and scooter were just lying idle which dad didn't like.I literally cried shedding tears telling him not to sell them but he too felt sad but had to do it and got over the fact and had to come to real world since it was destined to go one day or the other.

The price i sold my bike and scooter may come as a shock to you all .

YAMAHA R15(2008-5000KM ) -81,000RS(ACTUALLY 82,000 BUT INSURANCE EXPIRED SO THE BROKER REDUCED 1000RS)

HONDA DIO(2007-7567KM)-23,000RS

TOTAL-1,04,000RS(GOOD DEAL FOR DAD ,GOD KNOWS WHY THE BROKER PAYED SO MUCH )

Even r15 never gave me a slight problem in two years the best Yamaha motor cycle for India too date . There was a time when i had skidded of the bike during heavy rainfall

and bike got a huge damage even then she started with ease repairs were made and paint coat given at cost of 4000rs and since then maintained the bike .

TODAY sold my motorcycles a few hours back.me and dad felt sad but we had to move on we considered them a part of family and for me was the first motorcycle i gotta ride .

dad promised me that he would try to buy in time Yamaha r6 if sold in India officially or would import it and pay a premium since we are both car and bike fanatics and just cannot stop thinking of owing a sport bike.

so guys will r6 be launched officially in India we don't mind in waiting for a year and ready to pay the price the bike retails or dad told he will try importing and pay premium taxes if they don't launch within a year time .so please reply whether r6 will launch soon or not.

but my love for r15 and dio will always stay in my heart what ever comes in our way in years to come.since they were my first scooter and motorbike

smiley19.gif

smiley19.gif here are some photos i have taken few months back will cherish them for ever. don't consider me crazy but just cannot forget they have gone away from me . It just feels like yesterday me driving dio and r15.time just fly's these days !!

02112009007.jpg

06122009064.jpg

06122009065.jpg

06122009067.jpg

06122009068.jpg

06122009069.jpg

13112009051.jpg

26062010325.jpg

I feel sad for you.

But the new toy will get your heart racing at 10X the speed.

sometimes one has to make decision that looks bad immediately but will look good in the long run.

Also an advice, instead of waiting for R6, get a Bandit. price 8.5 lakh.(R6 will also cost around the same)

And cheer up!

@winner48 dad clearly made up his mind on Yamaha and my dad when in 20's owned a suzuki that gave him problems he cant forget about and the idea of owning suzuki is just not in his mind .he is just a fan of Yamaha and aprillia .

will take some time for me to get over r15 being sold!!

That's Really an Emotional sepration.

Even I'm also unable to wash out the Memories of my 1st bike-Honda Unicorn, till to date as It was gifted by my Dad to me at the Time of my Admission to the Medical College, but sadly after 2-years due to many Niggling problems & Faults creeping in it, I just sold it..

But the prices abhi you're getting for the R15 & Dio are very Good, You really've enjoyed their Re-sale values too.

But Sadly You've to wait for Yam R6's Official launch here, till then Try to look at some Efficient Import Schemes for it. smiley20.gif

Boy, it's really sad that you sold one of the best buys available in India! I really hate the thought of selling off one's priced possession! But every thing happens for good. I hope you get your new ride sooner !