guiguiswiss

From France: Our new car - Peugeot 407

Hello, I am Guillaume from Poitiers in west of France; i presented in the forum my Fiat 500 one year ago but the topic is probably deleted.

Today, I present you our new car for an exotic test because it's a french car, a Peugeot 407 SW, we have this car since november 2009, its a 2.2 four cylinder petrol engine with 160hp it's a very smooth engine, powerful and fast but always very silent. Gasoline consumption has averaged 9liters for 100km on road and 12.5liters for 100km in city.

The car very comfortable car with which the feature is a panoramic glass roof but it lacks space for rear passengers. This is the Sport Pack execution with electric adjustable leather seats, four power windows, 9 airbags smiley36.gif, climate control, park distance control, panoramic roof, cd charger, aluminum wheels 17'...

Since november we traveled 10000km and have had electronic problem and a problem with the pump of assisted direction, the park distance control is essential because there is no visibility to the rear of the car. The luggage trunk is a bit small compared to the length of the car

Here are some pictures to illustrate

at home in Poitiers :

dsc00093vb.jpg

dsc00094v.jpg

dsc02031k.jpg

In Geneva (Switzerland) in january

dsc00340i.jpg

Interior :

dsc00054ng.jpg

the roof :

dsc00056v.jpg

dsc00060rqd.jpg

seats

dsc02008ui.jpg

dsc02010m.jpg

The 2.2 16V engine

dsc02022n.jpg

A great station wagon

dsc02024dh.jpg

What do you think about this Peugeot? Advices, comments?

smiley2.gif

Coooooool Man !! smiley20.gif

That's Really a Cool looking car with Massive Bonnet, Projector Head-lamps & Centre dominating 'Peugeot' logo.

Just loved the Way its Tail-gate opens with the Part of the Roof alongwith it & the triangular shaped D-Pillar or Boot-Glass.

French cars are actually Good cars with Light Bodyshells & Robust Suspension & Pegueot being no Exception.

Only Exception being, like other French cars it doesn't stands Tall & looks eager to Move..
dr_nishu2010-06-30 14:30:08

@guiguiswiss - congratulation!  a lovely looking car with its   french quirkiness.

guiguiswiss please post more pictures of your car and  also more information like the  cost  of the car , discounts , options you had and finally service record .

Have a pleasant motoring experience.smiley1.gif

Guillame we remember you and the Fiat 500, the forum experienced a crash and some posts got lost. Your post was definitely not deleted. You have a great car, typically French in design. Interior's look great too and well appointed. Have a good time. Fiat 500 is seen in the background.smiley20.gif

Hi Guillaume, fantastic looking station wagon there. And that is a huge sun roof in the car which luckily you use there, but here in most parts of India we don't have the good fortunes of using one. Neat car, again!

I was thinking about you yesterday itself( I swear) and here you are today.

Why such a long absence?

We missed you.

Maybe your 500 topic was the victim of the server craash that happened recently.

BTW, love the rear and the roof.

guiguiswiss  liked the review of your 407. The numbers were sounding familiar to me when I recollected that we have a mini truck from Tata named Tata 407.

Your car's 2.2 L engine generating 160 hp is awesome.The Peugeot fit and finish is greatly improved.

This car is French no doubt. And i love it! The fourth picture from the Start shows it's rear, and i think its the best design i've on a station wagon.

What a welcome! Thank you or your answers smiley1.gif

I'll try to answer everyone, even if it will not be easy. I will challenge myself smiley2.gif

@ arkboypunk1 : yes nine airbags :

? 2 front air bags, driver and pas- senger, adapt to the intensity of impact.

? 2 front side air bags protect the chest and pelvis of the driver and front passenger.

? 2 curtain air bags protect the side of the head of the occupants.

? 1 steering column air bag protects the driver's knees in the event of any impact with the steering column.

? 2 rear side air bags can complete the system. (optional)

smiley36.gif

@dr nishu : thank you very much, yes the tail gate opens with the part of the roof because the window can be opened independently of the tailgate

@mr spock : Here are some additional pictures pictures (at the end of this post reply), I will try to do better this week end smiley2.gif

I will detail here the cost of this car in France, first I said that is the car of my parents, I am a student and my official car is the Fiat 500, but I regulary use the Peugeot that I love, especially for long journeys with friends.

Here we have the choice between 9 engines and 4 gearbox:

4 gasoline :

1.8 16V 117hp with 5-speed manual gearbox

2.0 16V 141hp with 5-speed manual gearbox or 4-speed automatic gearbox

2.2 16V 163hp with 6-speed manual gearbox (ours smiley2.gif ) or 4-speed automatic gearbox

3.0 V6 24V 211hp only with 6-speed automatic gearbox smiley27.gif

and 5 diesel HDi

1.6 HDi 110hp withe 5-speed manual gearbox

2.0 HDi 136hp with 5-speed manual gearbox or 4-speed automatic gearbox

2.0 HDi 163hp with only 6-speed automatic gearbox

2.2 HDi 173hp with only 6-speed manual gearbox

2.7 V6 HDi 204hp with only 6-speed automatic gearbox

And a lot of trim level : Confort (the most basic), Premium, Premium Pack, sport, Sport Pack (ours), and Griffe (the most luxurious)

The official price of our 407 SW 2.2 16V Sport Pack with optional equipment is 29330

@ durango dude : Thank you i remember you also, i understand for the forum and it's not a problem. Yes my Fiat 500 is always here, and is an excellent small car very efficient

smiley17.gif

@ 5u32Ero : I totally understand, but my coming here is just to share about the cars wich are my hobby (or passion? smiley5.gif ) and of course not to brag, I apologize if you felt like this smiley1.gif

@ cyrus 43 : I understand, Here again some don't like french cars, especially Renault that are pleasant but unreliable. They prefer German cars, but they are more expensive smiley36.gif

@ winner 48 : Really? Makes me very happy smiley9.gif

I am sincerly sorry for my long absence, during the year the days are short between classes, friends... smiley11.gif I have not taken the time to post here, but i had forgotten how much this forum is friendly despite my bad english and i will come back more often smiley1.gif

Nantes and Poilters are somewhat familiar to me, thanks to my History Textbook.

BTW, In India, the average car-owner can afford only upto 2 front airbags.

Man, you guys are so lucky to have max. safety!!smiley32.gif

arkboypunk12010-07-01 11:11:45

@ anjan c2007 : We know Tata in France, for us it's the indian manufacturer which bought Jaguar and Land Rover. We also heard a lot about the Nano, the car that costs 1500

additional pictures until this week end :

ivory odometers

dsc02013r.jpg

The optional rear side airbag

dsc02013r.jpg

the collumn airbag

dsc02017i.jpg

The 17' aluminum wheels

dsc02019u.jpg

Here is the brochure in english, for the english market : versions are different, I have the "zino half leather" interior and "thorium grey metallic" paint with "cosmos alloy wheels"

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/Resources/Content/brochures/range/peugeot-407-sw-brochure.pdf?model=407%20SW

Nantes and Poilters are somewhat familiar to me' date=' thanks to my History Textbook.BTW, In India, the average car-owner can afford only upto 2 front airbags.Man, you guys are so lucky to have max. safety!!smiley32.gif

[/quote']

Small world!! smiley36.gif We also studied India at school

I think that in France the law requires four airbags and the ABS for new cars and ESP and daytime running lights from 2011.

hello smiley2.gif

The entertainment system is serial model and not the optional equipment by JBL but it is very correct with 8 loudspeakers and 6 cd charger in the trunk, radio station memory... We don't have the GPS, which is an optional equipment smiley7.gif.

@ dr nishu : The 3rd little gauge on the right indicates the temperature of engine oil, the first gauge on the left indicates the temperature of coolant.

The really fuel economy of our 407 SW 2.2 16V is about 9 liters for 100km on road and highway and 12.5 liters for 100km in city. On average it consumes 11.3 liters for 100km with the air conditioning which is always on...

Oh, the Peugeot 309 smiley1.gif, sold to us from 1985 to 1993... They have disappeared from circulation here. Many were victims of car scrapping with the money offered by the governement for scrapping a car more than 8 years (really smiley7.gif ) to encourage the purchase of a new car!!! It is a monstrous prodigality, many cars are crushed in excellent condition without any parts can be recovered smiley35.gif !!!

Some pictures taken yesterday on a supermarket car park smiley36.gif it's necessary that i eat smiley4.gif

dsc02116y.jpg

dsc02117as.jpg

and the glass tailgate that opens independently

dsc02115x.jpg

I know the landscape is ugly smiley36.gif, I'll try to do better next time