guiguiswiss

From France: Our new car - Peugeot 407

Yes' date=' that happens in European countries.Cars in excellent condition need to be scrapped for not so feasible reasons.

[/quote']

a single reason, it should make money smiley7.gif

guiguiswiss - I just love separate glass tailgate . it reminds me of our old maruti 800 aka alto whose  glass tailgate used to open like your car. I love those tail lights of your car - very stylishly done .

the background doesn't look ugly and please post more pictures of your car and of your placesmiley2.gif

This week end

At one Peugeot Dealer in Poitiers with another 407sw :

dsc02118f.jpg

The new coupe Peugeot RCZ, I love it, and you?

dsc02119cx.jpg

smiley32.gif

And then on the Atlantic coast, in "Sables d'Olonne" 200km from Poitiers for the week end :

photo0274o.jpg

The 407sw with french cars, the very popular Renault Grand Scenic and another 407 sedan, but the former model. We have the new french license plates

dsc02121he.jpg

smiley1.gif

dsc02122v.jpg

I did 450km this weekend with the 407, mainly on highway with 130km/h cruise control and A/C and fuel economy was 8.5/100km, that is to say : 11.76km/L (good!)

smiley1.gif

@guiguiswiss -   I liked the dealership , its large , clean , with ample space for parking and displaying  such a large variety of cars for test driving.

A typical showroom in India looks like this(see below)

showroom013.jpg

(source:dschyundai.blogspot.com)

The place"Sables d'Olonne" looks beautiful . I would like to visit this place so could you tell me ,how far is this place from Paris?

The RCZ - it looks similar to Audi TT but much better looking than Audi smiley20.gif

peugeotrcz.jpg

( source : lethistorylive.com)

The mileage you quoted is pretty good considering size and weight of the car.smiley1.gif

Do keep posting more about your car . I would love to see and read about your car and your place.

The new coupe Peugeot RCZ' date=' I love it, and you?
dsc02119cx.jpg

[/quote']

Really liked it dude..smiley20.gif

& also Loved the Lovely 'Full of Clouds' Sky above in the pic.smiley27.gif

@Mr.Spock:

Space & Thick/Dense population is the main reason behind the India's building designs.
dr_nishu2010-07-06 20:31:44

@guiguiswiss: The RCZ Coupe: if you interchange the headlights, taillights and ORVM it will be difficult to tell the front end of the car from the rear. Lovely pics. Wish our infrastructure improves and population shows negative growth: all distant dreams; surely not in our lifetime.

@ mr.Spock : Here, the majority of dealers are out of town. Therefore, the facilities are very extensive, like in USA. But in the very large city like Paris, they are much smaller, like the Hyundai dealer in India   smiley1.gif .

Now, the coupe RCZ is brand new, i see a lot less than Audi TT and i also think that the front and rear are similar. The Audi TT has more powerful engine (the engines's most powerful in RCZ is 1.6 Turbocharged 200hp) but the Audi is also more expensive...

"Sales d'Olonne" is a seaside resort, from Paris, it's about 450km by highway, and Poitiers it's 300km from paris by highway or 1h30 by train. I go to the "Sables d'Olonne" because we have a holiday home which is practice with my friends. The beach is very beautiful and very long, 5km on sand, but in June the sea is cold smiley36.gif. I think other cities on the atlantic coast are interesting, for example, "La Rochelle" and "Biarritz".

I will see if i find nice pictures smiley2.gif

@ mr.Spock : Here' date=' the majority of dealers are out of town. Therefore, the facilities are very extensive, like in USA. But in the very large city like Paris, they are much smaller, like the Hyundai dealer in India   smiley1.gif .

"Sales d'Olonne"

is a seaside resort, from Paris, it's about 450km by highway, and Poitiers it's 300km from paris by highway or 1h30 by train. I go to the "Sables d'Olonne" because we have a holiday home which is practice with my friends. The beach is very beautiful and very long, 5km on sand, but in June the sea is cold smiley36.gif. I think other cities on the atlantic coast are interesting, for example, "La Rochelle" and "Biarritz".

I will see if i find nice pictures smiley2.gif

[/quote']

The information You gave about dealership  was an eyeopener for me.smiley9.gif.Please could you post information

regarding free services , service intervals .

cost of ownership of car in france( insurance ,taxes etc..)

Thank You - for information about "Sales d'Olonne". If I go to France I will visit the places You mentionedsmiley1.gif.

Let's review the owner's costs smiley36.gif

For one year comprehensive insurance, and with compensation at the value of purchase if irreparable problem (theft; car crash, fire..... smiley19.gif ) He pays 525,82

The road and driving conditions play a role in service interval. May be that civics used in Europe have a 30k km service interval.

Moreover I do not know if mineral oils are still used in Europe. A friend of mine reported that even a Nissan Pixo (Maruti A star) uses synthetic oil from the very first service. In UK the City Rover ( Tata Indica) too uses synthetic oil from the very beginning.

Does environmental policy plays a role ?

The road and driving conditions play a role in service interval. May be that civics used in Europe have a 30k km service interval.

US also lists 3,000 miles / 6 months!

@ dr nishu : Yes 30000km also seems long, but like many people, we drive less than 30000km per year ( about 20000 or 25000km per year) smiley1.gif

Yes, services are quite expensive, because during the warranty period (2 years/100000km) we are obliged to make the services of the car by the Peugeot dealers and they are more expensive than independent smiley7.gif .

@ sgiitk : The 407 like my Fiat 500 use 100% synthetic oil (5W40) it's a very fluid oil recommended for modern engines with low mileage. It is almost always used in new cars, I don't know for diesels smiley1.gif . Engines with more kilometers (over 100000km) or old (over 10 years) using semi synthetic oil 10W40. The thicker oils (20W40...) are very cheap and are used in areas very hot (not here smiley36.gif ) or in vey tired engines (more than 250000km)

Plugs have a very long lifetime when they are made with platinium, my godmother has 2005 Hyundai Tucson 4x4 2.7 V6 petrol, and plugs sould be replaced every 90000km. Few people here drining the coolant, lot of old cars have their original coolant!

@ sb-alto : I don't think there are still 100% mineral oil, I will look at smiley2.gif

@guiguiswiss: One reason for the popularity of  synthetics is the use of hydraulic lifters. Here think oil is a big plus esp. in colder climes. In India, the Civic comes with either a 0Wxx or 5Wxx oil as original fill. The viscosity tells me that. At 0/5Wxx it has to be a synth. You can get minerals, even at API-SM.

@winner48: Yes, that is what it is. I guess you can double it for a synth. In fact the manual only asks for API-SL and no mention of higher grades, synths, etc.

Hello smiley17.gif

I came back from a lovely trip in the south of France. I went to Nice, Monaco, "villefranche sur mer", nothern Italy and finally to "Les Sables d'Olonne"

capturedcran20100802160.png

2800km, mostly higway, it is long! But the Mediterranean sea is delicious and the landscapes are beautiful smiley2.gif

@ cyrus43 : It is of course possible to rent a convertible any where in France. It's a beautiful travel plans...