Sign in to follow this  
creativebala

LR Freelander(@23.5L) to be pitted against CRV

This is good news. One think JLR-Tata will have to address is reliability. In the Australian outback, where your life may depend on the reliability of your vehicle 90%+ are Land Cruisers!

That is brilliant news! I would defintiely want this to happen and see the baby Land Rover sell for 25 Lakhs. And if the X1 comes in at the same price range, it would be very tough times for the CRV! Come on TATA make it happen.

I've seen this Car many times & very closely too.

It's of Perfect size, proportions for the Indian Traffic, Roads, etc & Is having pretty high levels of Quality too for both the Exteriors & Interiors.

Hope the Tata maintain that during its Indian production too..smiley20.gif

& Seems to be Quite possible too considering its manufacturing is from the previous Mercs-used plant.

Honda is already dead.

This will kill the BMW X1 even before it is born.

And spare a thought to the people who bought it at the original price of 35 lakh.

Child-birthsmiley36.gif!!!

Tata'd better produce Jaguars for cheap too!

@SG sir, you are perfectly right.

Freelander Vs Fortuner fight will be interesting with around similar prices.

Tata need to let off the High Maintainance Image from this SUV. Apart from this, If Tata can make this monster in India, it would kill many SUVs barring Scorpio/ safari.

I dont really think that it will hit the 23.5 lakh price tag. Im definitely waiting to see how much it costs. It will be 25 or little higher (my guess). Cant really compete with the X1 which will be a coupleof lakhs lesser. Might not worry the Fortuner that much as Toyota's service network is far ahead meaning you can own the Fortuner in smaller cities and still get it serviced.

Nothing will happen to the Fortuner's sales to my knowledge, it will sell like hot cakes with that in your face presence, Toyota badge and the killer pricing but the others like the X1, the CRV, the Outlander and the Xtrail will have serious competition.

5u3zEr02010-07-02 12:31:02

Tell me, how many people here will buy the Accord top variant instead of the BMW executive?

Same way, there will be no one who will buy a Fortuner because Land Rover has a better brand image than the Japs.

and it is better off-road too.

LC Freelander is alot more Sharp, Beast & Monstrous looking than Fortuner with almost Dimensions, definiltely It got the all to dethrone the Class leader.

Whereas CR-V, Outlander, X-Trail are still only in the 'Surviving Zone' as compared to T.Fortuner's 'Ruling Zone'.

& Regarding Feasibility & Service factors, Tata is already having the Exhaustive knowledge of the Indian Market as compared to others which are Still in the Learning phase..

Tell me' date=' how many people here will buy the Accord top variant instead of the BMW executive?

Same way, there will be no one who will buy a Fortuner because Land Rover has a better brand image than the Japs.

and it is better off-road too.[/quote']

+1 to that.

Few would buy an i20 if a Jazz was available for Rs 50k more.

@ winner & arkboypunk: At a minimum 4 lakhs difference, the service/dealer network of Toyota and the Toyota badge, I don't think the Free Lander will outsell the Fortuner.

@ dr_nishu: I have seen the Freelander on the roads quite a bit and to me the Fortuner has much more street presence and looks one size bigger than the Freelander. The Freelander looks soft compared to the butch looks of the Fortuner.

Nothing will happen to the Fortuner's sales to my knowledge' date=' it will sell like hot cakes with that in your face presence, Toyota badge and the killer pricing but the others like the X1, the CRV, the Outlander and the Xtrail will have serious competition. [/quote']

well no , after launch of X1 and LR freelander , toyota will be forced to lower its price further . Fortuner owner are now crying for Features people will no longer fall for badge , once a better brand and VFM vehical is launched along with fortuner toyota will start feeling the Heat .

why would some one go for Japs when with a little more u can go for german or british ?

The sale might not fall sharply but gradually the hype will be over if toyota will not re-price it

why would some one go for Japs when with a little more u can go for german or british ?

Its not a little more, its atleast 4 lakhs and in India sometimes British and German don't sell! And if people are now crying about features for the Fortuner, it sure does not show as everytime Toyota opens booking they have to soon close it with overwhelming response to it. In fact they have just opened booking a few days back for the Fortuner and in the ad itself they have mentioned for a limited period and for deliveries starting in October!!

EDIT: And anyway lets wait and see as time will tell.

5u3zEr02010-07-07 08:06:05

@subzero

well it maybe two lakhs , remember the premium they are charging ? It was captiva untill Fortuner was launched and after Fortuners launch captiva faded.

Same will happen with Fortuner once these two hit the market. We Indians are still inclined towards German and British product and someone who can afford a Fortuner can surely spend two lakh more for a X1 or LR . But in the end it will go down towards their opinion about the vehical

There is also another variant, a cheaper one which they have not got it to india yet. The basic freelander with MT. And the car being made here would be a treat.

But since Tata has launched the model in india as car starting from 33-34L it is unlikely that even if it is produced here they will pass on the full or even any benefit to the consumer. Though it might be the bring the basic model in so that the car starting price goes down. Something similar to laura ambiente?