Sign in to follow this  
creativebala

Duster to hit Indian roads

Duster-off-road3.jpg

The Renault versions of the Micra and its sedan sibling are expected to sport French flair and win over more people with its styling than what the Micra could achieve. These Renault versions are only expected in end-2012 to early 2013.

The Fluence will be the first model, coming in mid-2011 followed by the Koleos in the end of 2011. The big surprise here is the news of the Dacia Duster making it to India. The Duster is made on the robust Logan platform which is already localised in India meaning a competitive price is already on cards. Moreover, the Duster is an inexpensive tough off-roader that would find its way to many Indian homes. We feel that the Duster has enough potential to zoom to the top of its segment.

With the main components of the 1.5 dci motor already localised, the prices of Duster and Micra are expected to be kept under control. In fact, every model in the line up is expected to make use of the 1.5 dci motor right from the small hatchback to the Fluence sedan, including the Duster and Renault

Intersting news! The Dacia range is near perfect for India. They are a perfect blend of quality and price and would readily gain approval from Indians. Renault is lucky to have it in its arsenal. The only thing I hope they dont do is to have another car that looks like the Logan come into the market. Clio would be an interesting addition to the 4-6Lac segment.

wow gr8 car..i think it will answer nissan murano..

This is going to battle against say Scorpio, Grande/Safari segment as it is most likely to be priced below 10L since its 2 main components viz, engine & platform are already localized and will be shared with Logan.

So High-tech, Good looking Monocoque SUV in price range of 10 lakhs is a Decent VFM.

Yeti'll come in another Price zone of 13-24 lacs.

But No need to Anticipate & Expect from Renault India till 2011(i.e: till their Own Dealer-AfSS Network builds up) & that's the time too far to arrive.

Yeti'll come in another Price zone of 13-24 lacs.

I dont think that that there will be such a huge variation in the prices.

And there is NO WAY the prices are going to touch 20 lakhs.