rahul1810

Hyundai i10 facelift Spotted!

The VTVT in the Verna didn't set the roads on fire. So just lets wait an see if it makes a real difference. I'd prefer if they came with direct injection gasoline and turbocharging of the same unit in the i20' date=' that would make a real difference.
[/quote']

the VTVT in verna was in direct compitition with City which had a much better power to weight ratio compared to Verna , also customers where more interested in the VGT version

this is a segment first , lets see how it works out , will largely depend on pricing strategy

I am not too sure if this variant is going to come to India. India loves beige, and Hyundai knows it. But this variant has an all black interior which wont be that popular with Indians(reflection) problems aside.

The car in India that does need a VTVT 1.2 Kappa is Hyundai i20. There have been no complains about the power of i10, so I dont see why Hyundai would launch this here

This is the photoshop image and seriously it doesn't look good at all , the copy of ix35 or Tuscon is not a good idea from Hyundai . Why do manufacturers these days want same family face in all cars ?

kia-venga.jpg

I think all the renderings are trying to show us this.

But this model is based on i20, and I am not sure if this will be coming.

Also, I agree with rssh about the family look. I feel the brand's look should be restricted to grille at max and not taken as a design for all cars. Reduces their road presence.

That's like a 'Widened-up mouth' Styling & looks Good too..

& I'm sure this design will gel with people liking too, even from day one.

Refreshed Interiors looks good too with Dark-shaded dashboard(so no Reflections from now), Cool Silver Inserts & Digital Tell-tale console.

The new i10 looks good. the front end looks good and makes the i10 a matured looking small  family car especially with the Ford Figo-ish grill design. The rear tail lights looks like as if Hyundai tried to integrate the tail lights of i20 with its smaller sibling i10.The rear reflectors looks totally out of place and probably is an afterthought. Its high time Hyundai  should upgrade the decade old Accent Executive and the santro xing with refreshed exteriors. When is the new refreshed i10 hitting our roads? Probably around diwali time.swiftvxi062010-09-08 18:44:17

I just hope that the Headlamps become more effective than fancy. The front styling is very good. I liked it. Anyways I never felt that the previous front was bad either.

The modified rear bumper is a good touch. Interiors were better before. Somehow I do not like too much of fake silver inserts.

The car looks great, i10 was the only hatch which make all the company change their mindset & give a good modern big hatch, almost all hatches followed the same front design style from A-star to Micra, and now i10 moved the game even further, kudos to Hyundai & their designers.

The front styling looks great, the grille, the lights offers something new look & a new dimension to hatches, the interior although same looks good with well finished center facia & nicely silver finish. Also the rear lights are nice.

Last month, i10 saw a drop in position in sales but now it will again be on 2nd position easily as people were not even bored with current i10's look & this facelift will be loved by people. I hope its ride is improved little bit so as to offer more comfy journey.

Actually, the front view, in my opinion is like the Beat now. Its too large with a wide mouth. Its too flashy (read heavy face) and I prefer the present i10 compared to this. The face is too large compared to the rest of the car. Anyways, it is a veru successful model and will continue selling like hot cakes. 1.2L VTVT will help sales too

The front reminds me of the new Estilo. Bumper job looks good.

I was never a fan of i10 looks, and this does not change that. However I do fell that it is still one of the best car to buy, considering quality and ownership experience.

All I can say is the new i10 looks more matured from the front . The bland rear styling of the current model has been give a real thought . The customer feedback of reflecting beige on dashboard looks to be well taken care off . Also the new engine should help is make more power and efiicient .

Good they haven't botched up like the Verna Transform. The front end does look like the ix35. The rear upgrade is rather 'subtle' compared to the front. The real one to look out for would be the one liter kappa engine; which may replace the 1.1 irde in the Era and D-Lite variants. Lets wait for Paris Auto Show then or will Hyundai surprise us by launching it here first like before.

Of the photos uploaded by you, the above three snaps are very interesting.  These images of a sliced car with a hinged-LCD screen are very eye-catching. And, informative.   

Almost every national and regional newspaper carried the other standard photos, except these sliced-car snaps. 

Thanks DD for these snaps.

rameshbabu.n2010-09-10 06:49:13