winner48

Chevrolet SAIL

Its a car designed and produced by SAIL(Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation). SAIL is in a JV with GM.

It is the cover story for this month's ACI magazine.

Very snappy looking car. Has potential. The article also showcased some of the other cars likely to make it to India along with details of some of GM's future plans.
asethi9192010-07-11 14:56:29

Its the First car made by the GM & SAIC(Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) China.

2010-Chevrolet-Sail-Front-Angle-View-5882010-chevrolet-sail-rear-angle-view-588xchevrolet-sail-china-04.jpg

Built in Sedan & Hatchback versions on the GM Opel Corsa platform as a Budget Car for the Fast Emerging Auto Markets like India, China, etc with features like Low-Cost Structure, Aggressive design with Perfect blend of Space & Practicality &

Most Importantly GM India & SAIC have approved this car for India & probably Scheduled for India launch around Mid-2011.

& Its Hatchback version is,

Chevrolet_Sail.jpg2010-chevrolet-sail-picture2.jpg
dr_nishu2010-07-11 18:06:56

Yup,it would be a good launch but what about the AVEO 2011(RS based)?It's good to know that the car's based on Opel Corsa Platform which is jointly developed by Fiat and Opel.It's being used in our Punto and as we know is a very good platform.But a diesel is a must.

Its a car designed and produced by SAIL(Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation).

There's a typing mistake,It's SAIC.ZR 12010-07-13 05:41:09

This sedan would look good in flesh. IMHO, this looks better than its competitors, Ikon/Dezire/Manza/Logan.

Regarding Diesel, GM can make a 1.3MJD, at the moment, they have a1L D being tested. If they make a VGT out of that, i think that will bring enormous FE & also comes with 3 Yrs promise

And last but not least, as ZR said, its on a Punto's Platform.

Yup' date='it would be a good launch but what about the AVEO 2011(RS based)?[/quote']

GM India is planning to sell SAIL Hatchback & Aveo RS 2011 based Hatchback alongside with the latter placed in Premium segment directly against Hyundai i20, etc while the Former(SAIL H) will be placed in Swift territory with its base version pricing below Rs 4-lacs, even cheaper than the Swift.

Even GM & SAIC are planning to Price SAIL Sedan's base version below 5 lakh Price tag. 

Yup' date='it would be a good launch but what about the AVEO 2011(RS based)?[/quote']
GM India is planning to sell SAIL Hatchback & Aveo RS 2011 based Hatchback alongside with the latter placed in Premium segment directly against Hyundai i20, etc while the Former(SAIL H) will be placed in Swift territory with its?base version pricing below Rs 4-lacs, even cheaper than the Swift.
Even GM & SAIC are planning to Price SAIL Sedan's base version below 5 lakh Price tag.?

Makes me go crazy.Though it sounds good.Hope the product will come here soon.

Really Great pics & from the pics liked the Chineese-Girl Eyeline styled Central Vents design.

Interiors quailty seems to be decent too with Soft looks & feel associated with it alongwith Excellent Attention to detail. If same level quality comes into our country, I don't hitch for spending my money on this car. 

But don't liked its Fully Digital Tacho.

The changes I'd expect for India are:

>Re-designed Steering Wheel

>Re-designed Gear Knob(Present one is Spark's)

Errr,that's it and some improvement in Quality as Chinese cars lack it(Though it's not seen in Pics).

I wish the car isn't sluggish as Beat in Second gear.Both cars share same 1.2 S-TEC II Engine.

The sedan looks quite good.. Lets see how it is priced when it gets launched in India.  A base model with essential goodies like power steering, front power windows, basic music system(like Indigo Vista Aqua model),body colored bumpers should be priced at around Rs.4.50lakh if GM wants to seriously capture the indian market..