Sandy

Audi Q5 now assembled in india

Audi India has begun assembly of the Q5 Crossover at its Aurangabad plant in Maharashtra. In the near future Audi will produce up to 1,500 units of the Q5 off the production line depending on the demand for the crossover. With this move from Audi, the Q5 now becomes the third model from the German carmaker to be assembled in India after the A4 and A6. Since the start of their production in 2007, Audi has so far produced 2,000 vehicles and expects to achieve a production run of 6,000 units per year by 2015.The production of the Q5 is part of our long-term growth strategy in India,

Any reduction in prices? There must be a massive reduction in atleast a few lakhs now that its CKD from CBU.

There will definitely be a reduction in the cost price.

Labour is cheaper here in India.

The entire purpose of assembling the car in India is not to get higher number of customers and be a step ahead of the competition.

The purpose is to get more profits.

Wait and Watch.

I will be proved right.

The entire purpose of assembling the car in India is not to get higher number of customers and be a step ahead of the competition.

The purpose is to get more profits.

Wait and Watch.

I will be proved right.

Thanks. I just wanted to get what you meant right.

Q5 is such a competitive car. c'mon Audi think numbers bring down the price to something reasonable. It is anyway betting the x3(BMW? or whatever that is), a bit of price reduction and it would even take customers of 3 series and c class, may be its own a4 as well. As I think our pot holes road and flooded street require it :).