amiti

Can Autocar help all i10 and i20 owners?

Dear Autocar members, moderators.

Writing this post on behalf of all i10, i20 owners ( I own i10 auto asta).

The classic hyundai problem of "steering rattle" is troubling us all. Though I got it fixed by applying a special grease from hyundai, I am again getting this noise, though not as intense as it was before.

90% of i10 and i20 are having this problem. however no one from hyundai is able to help us all in this regards. Hyundai is ignoring this problem.

I request autocar to take this issue further and force hyundai to either,

1. recall all faulty cars

2. refund back entire monies

3. stop potential buyers from buying hyundai i10 and i20 cars.

Even I had the steering rattling problem in my car and now the noise and rattle is only 10% but still its irritating and I have kept in mind that in the next service I will get it sorted (I can't leave my car to service centre for a whole day ).

Also the AC is not as strong in the i series of cars and this issue is felt the most in NCR regions ,but average for Mumbai.

Quite a surprise to see the i 20 and the second best selling car in India (i10) too here with this fault.HMIL service is known for the customer attention and courtesy.

I have come across reports of such faults in some other forums too.

But these faults are quite contrary to an owner's expectations from Hyundai. Hope Hyundai resolves the issue sooner or else adverse publicity should dent their sales for sure!

That's Really a Worrysome trouble, espcially for India's 'i' series(i10& i20) owners & lovers.

their Weak ACs are also in Limelight in various Auto forums & discussions.

Hopes ACI editorial team(any of Homarzd or Shapur sir) will probably Read this. 

OR

Amiti, rssh & others try to get Issue Highlighted in the ACI's Facebook profile too or by making Clubs or Group profile there, courtesy all i10 & i20 owners.

My friend is facing a similar dilemma. He needs to buy a hatchback soon. He has shortlisted i20 and figo. We TD both today, and found i20's was AC just not able to cool the cabin even after 10minutes of drive.

On the other hand, Figo's AC was a chiller.

He is also concerned about the FE of i20 petrol. The dealer assured 14kmpl in city with AC. I doubt that figure completely.

It's time that i20 owners should come forward and inform about the exact situation, so that the potential buyers could be helped.

The dealer assured 14kmpl in city with AC. I doubt that figure completely.

Don't expect Max 12kmpl from i20 1.2 petrol Initially, but can stretch later on to max to max of 13kmpl later(after 4000kms) on for City figures, not more than that.

I'm not an i20 owner but have heard from my friends about her.

This is strange that Hyundai is silent about the issue, I have read about these issues in many other forums and its been going since long.

Mostly people by buy Hyundai and Maruti because neighbor and relatives have bought one and must be great but things are different otherwise.

I think Autocar should step in to help people get their cars repaired for free under recall.